Thread: Hosts for sale

Hosts for sale

Sorry I haven't been here in a while, so maybe there's a section on WHT that deals with this.

I'm looking in the next few months to acquire some Web hosting businesses. Are there any good listings for Web hosting companies that are for sale? I have looked at bizbuysell and some other general business for sale sites, but they didn't have what I was looking for.

I'm specifically looking for Web hosting companies, NOT general ISP's that provide connection services as well.

Is there much of a market for Web Hosting companies?
    Has/does anyone ever set one up with the sole intention of selling it?

Of course not...but there are several companies/individuals who got in on hosting, and now realize hosting isn't for them. Perhaps the owners got tired of the hosting business, got in over their heads, or had health problems.

There are many vaild reasons businesses of all types go on sale...not because someone starts a business just to turn around and sell it.

What kind of budget do you have?

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

I saw this link yesterday, check them out, I think it is for $800 or something you have a ready made hosting company. http://readymadehosts.com

I am in no way affiliated with them, just saw this link in their free hosting giveaway in the other offers and requests forum.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

To clarify:

I am already an existing host.

I am interested in buying other exisiting hosting companies (if the price is right, of course )

Check the offers section, I see stuff in there pretty often.

i bet anyone will sell there hosting company if you give them enough money. I bet if i give you a million dollars per client that you will sale it to me in a heartbeat.

So cyo, we have a deal? Please Paypal me the funds.

Originally posted by IFAPaulB
    Of course not...

There are many vaild reasons businesses of all types go on sale...not because someone starts a business just to turn around and sell it.
    Maybe so, doesn't mean it can't and isn't done.
    Bryan Jaskolka, CEO
    Nevidia Internet Solutions Ltd.

I wouldn't doubt it

People register domains with the intent to sell. Same with setting up forums, stores, jsut about anything else. I'm sure some do the same with web hosting, if they think they're particularly good with getting leads.

Originally posted by IFAPaulB
    It's not the reason behind most business sales, but certainly there are businesses, including hosting companies, started with the main goal being to build a brand relatively quickly and cash out as soon as practical.

There are a lot of large (and not-so-large) hosting companies right now that are actively acquiring smaller companies and clients. That approach isn't a bad business plan for some people.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

The key to spot a hosting company that was built to be sold is if they have lots of yearly accounts at low prices and a few monthly accounts. They sell as many yearly accounts as they can, then sell the company so someone else have to provide the hosting for most of the year.
    Steven Bishop

Good point. Never thought of that