View Poll Results: Would you hire system administrators and/or support staff to cut cost?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 80.00%
  • No

1 20.00%

Off Shore Admins and Support

Hello,

I am curious about how many people would sys admins and support staff that were overseas if they felt confident in their technical abilities, and charged %20 of what their US counterparts would.

I am thinking of starting a service where I would refer such employees to US clients. I have had very good experiances with some that I am working with in Brazil.

Thanks,

Joel Bondorowsky

Only if they spoke perfect english, then i would put them on online tickets where

I wouldn't hire them to do phone support though, people will question the company for that.

With online support comes anonimity, nobody knows if he is foreign, nobody knows if he's being underpaid by me, so nobody is hurt.

I agree, I am only giving email support as well. Most IT people are able to write and read in English pretty well because they are always online looking stuff up.

And theywould not be getting underpaid. They would be getting paid very well for their country so they would be happy. The dollar goes very far most places in the world.

I dont have a problem with it, it helps with the timezones doing grave yard... only as long as they were very well versed in more than the basic cpanel/control panel crap.

Someone who actually knew the in and outs of linux/nix, some hardware knowledge, and had some common sense.

Otherwise I might as well pay more and get a true competent tech in the US.

I just had my guys automate a cpanel server with a billing system.

Moved to other reviews as you seem to have been highly promoting your Brazilian staff of late.

lol. Anon-e-mouse. Tactful as ever
    Last edited by AexiSolutions; 04-07-2004 at 09:44 AM.

Cool

I am promoting them because I am very happy with the work that they have done for me. The price is amazing, and they could use any business that they could get.