Melbourne, Australia

Install netmagick or netpbm without root?

Or shell access for that matter.

I'm having a bit of a problem with my host at the moment. They were great when all I wanted was space for a very basic bit of information. Now that I need imagemagick or netpbm installed, things are less good.

I don't have root access or shell access - anyone got any ideas?

check the imagemagick website. They have a section on installing it without root .
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

You can install netpbm without root. Netpbm can run from any directory. Just copy the NetPBM files (there are about 10 of them) to a directory on your website. The directory can even be within your public_html folder. Just make sure that the files are all 755 or it will not work.

I went through the same thing when installing gallery a while back. Netpbm works great.

Hope this helps. If you need the NetPBM files already untarred, email me [email protected] and I will give you a URL on my server to download them from. Also email me there if you need more specific help.