where do you get your adobe and macromedia suites?

me and my buisness partner have bought adobe photoshop and dreamweaver in the past but are looking this time to just buy the entire suite. now this is pretty expensive so we are looking for suggestions on good places to buy these two products. any suggestions?
    Brian Larter

I would imagine that they're price regulated by their respective companies, so pretty much any retailer will have it for close to the same price. Do you have a Fry's Electronics near you? That's always a good place to check.

Also, check froogle.google.com for online retailers.

eBay. Buy older licenses and upgrade. You can save a bundle, but you have to know what you're doing so as not to get screwed by the licensing/registration.
    Gone.

Originally posted by phision.com
    eBay. Buy older licenses and upgrade. You can save a bundle, but you have to know what you're doing so as not to get screwed by the licensing/registration.
    thats one thing we are looking at now. we only own DW and photoshop but would like illustrator and flash as well and we figure this was the best way to go.
    Brian Larter

I would recommend Kazaa.

I would recommend you delete your post before you get banned meanpc.

Originally posted by meanpc
    I would recommend Kazaa.
    LOL you serious? Come on man edit your post!

I would recommend Kazaa.
    No way I would ever host with you, any software I used for my site would surely end up on your local PC, no?

I would recommend Kazaa.
    lmao.. and in one foul swoop, a simple post ruined business .

if you're enrolled in college or any school, try to see if you can get an educational discount .
    Website Design Icon Design Logo Design Print Design
    style
    websites that blaze past the competition

i'd suggest Adobe for the Adobe Suite and Macromedia for the macromedia suite.
    Bill Erickson : Resume | Aesthetic Studios

kazaa !<< acadisc

if you're trying to use something commercially (omg to make moneyz) it's not really too much more legal to go with an academic discount. I think the kazaa post was obviously a joke and I'm pretty sure everyone here who has any graphics skills at all started on a pirated version of whatever they like to use, and now most of them go out and spend big bux on the software. Why do you think adobe keeps their stuff easily pirateable? so everyone gets a start on it and when it comes time to use it furrealz everyone goes and buys it 'cause that's wut they know. Great marketing scheme.

macromedia is bs tho. 400 bux for a piece of software that's slow as a dead snail and craches all the damned time. I guess if you NEED flash you're stuck, but you can handle document management with different stuff (rsync?) and the html editor is all goofy anyway (only good thing it can do is enforce xhtml... otherwise it's a funky mix of old html with css some places, unnecessary javascript) bah.

That said, I use it and shelled out the several hundred bucks for it just 'cause it's so eeeeezzzzzzzzzeeeeeee.

/stupid ramblings
    -- My software isn't buggy; it develops random features --

I just threw the Kazaa thing out there to see who had a sense of humor. Obviously downloading from Kazaa would be highly unethical, not to mention you could end up on the hitlist.

I really wonder if anyone would buy the Macromedia suite for anything other than a commercial purpose? As much as it costs, it's just not feasible for the normal home user.

If I WERE to pirate DW would it really be costing Macromedia any money? If you consider that buying a legitimate copy would not be an option to many considering the cost...the argument could be made that it would cost them nothing. My copy is of course, completely legitimate.

any software I used for my site would surely end up on your local PC, no?
    No...I don't see where you draw this inference from.

I just threw the Kazaa thing out there to see who had a sense of humor. Obviously downloading from Kazaa would be highly unethical, not to mention you could end up on the hitlist.

I really wonder if anyone would buy the Macromedia suite for anything other than a commercial purpose? As much as it costs, it's just not feasible for the normal home user.

If I WERE to pirate DW would it really be costing Macromedia any money? If you consider that buying a legitimate copy would not be an option to many considering the cost...the argument could be made that it would cost them nothing. My copy is of course, completely legitimate.
    I've seen that same argument from people that pirate for real, instead of "just to see who had a sense of humor" (not implicating you).
    It's how they feel they can justify stealing, though. Does it hurt MM? Yes, lost sales, lost wages for thier developers. Does it hurt anyone else? Yes, because they then have to develop new methods of keeping the thieves out, and they pass that cost onto the consumer...namely me and anyone else that pays.
    My 2 cents.

Bear, I don't think you understood or maybe I didn't convey the idea correctly.

Let's say Nightmare Weaver costs 10,000. I'm a 16 year old kid with 12 dollars in my piggy bank. I pirate Nightmare Weaver because I think it's cool. I don't share it with anyone else.

There is no way I would have or could have bought Nightmare Weaver....so although my behavior is unethical, how does it harm Nightmare Weaver's developers? There is no lost income in this case.

This is the point I was trying to get across the first time. Not that it's right, not that it's not unethical, but that in many cases piracy doesn't result in a financial loss for the company because the pirateers wouldn't have bought it anyway.

## The program Nightmare Weaver and the 16 year old kid in this story are completely fictional. Any resemblance to real software products or people is totally unintentional.

Originally posted by Tux-e-do
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    any software I used for my site would surely end up on your local PC, no?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No...I don't see where you draw this inference from.
    Didn't think you would, most people would add something like "joking, or j/k" at the end if they are joking.

You may have been trying to be funny, but going on your latest comments, I don't think you were, because you truely believe that pirating doesn't hurt anyone.

you truely believe that pirating doesn't hurt anyone.
    Did I say pirating didn't hurt anyone? I did not say that, so please don't use a sensational statement like that in your reply.

I was giving an example of cases where it would not. In general it is harmful. In some specific cases it is not. I would be interested to hear an opinion on that idea, rather that self-righteous character attacks.

Now - why would the originator of this thread ask about this in the first place? Does he really think there are other places to get software legally cheaper? I doubt it. He was fishing for a pirate hookup. My Kazaa comment was a play on that theme.

You can continue to fool yourself if you like. Giving a case where it does not hurt is the same as believing it, you'll learn that when you get older, yeah?

The poster was looking for other places where they can obtain it cheaper, not free.

To quote the original poster.

<quote>
    me and my buisness partner have bought adobe photoshop and dreamweaver in the past but are looking this time to just buy the entire suite. now this is pretty expensive so we are looking for suggestions on good places to buy these two products. any suggestions?
    </endquote>

See, buy!

Giving a case where it does not hurt is the same as believing it, you'll learn that when you get older, yeah?
    So you're saying that as you get older, your logic becomes flawed? Interesting. So if I can come up with a case in which murder is justified, then I believe murder is ok in every case? See where that kind of logic goes? That's ridiculous.

When I'm looking to buy software, I look on ebay, maybe try google, compusa, etc. Maybe you're right, maybe there is a secret-society of software vendors that sell legit software cheaper that you can find out about at WHT.

So you're saying that as you get older, your logic becomes flawed? Interesting. So if I can come up with a case in which murder is justified, then I believe murder is ok in every case? See where that kind of logic goes? That's ridiculous.

When I'm looking to buy software, I look on ebay, maybe try google, compusa, etc. Maybe you're right, maybe there is a secret-society of software vendors that sell legit software cheaper that you can find out about at WHT.
    No you don't you look on kazza, otherwise you would have given this suggestion.

Coming here to ask is a smart thing, its full of website developers and hosts, who better to ask

With the murder logic, grow up. enough said.

The murder example was using the same logic you employed. I've noticed that you in particular will not respond to the specific comments I have made, you are just making flawed character judgements at this point. Very self-righteous.

I would never get anything from Kazaa.

The murder example was using the same logic you employed. I've noticed that you in particular will not respond to the specific comments I have made, you are just making flawed character judgements at this point. Very self-righteous.

I would never get anything from Kazaa.
    The murder example is not the same logic, stealing is stealing, murder is murder, very very different.

Thats why there are seperate laws for the two crimes.

Defending your comments about piracy, is also the same as saying you believe it is OK? Thats something you'll also learn.

You put your character up for public opinion when you posted the comment you did, so dont sook.

Tux-e-do said it right. Not only is it morally wrong, but that same 12 year old will, once older, probably decide to keep on stealing the software since he already gets it for free. Bolstered by his "success" on getting this app for free, he goes on to grab all the others he needs, and probably shares his genius for saving money with friends. They take it too...and so on.

It also feels to me like now calling it "Nightmare Weaver" is just a way of trying to say you don't like it at all, and would never even consider stealing a copy. Sounds forced, but that's just an opinion.

I own (bought licenses, anyway) all my software, including shareware. I'm content knowing that my small contribution goes towards developing new versions of the software I use on a daily basis to earn a living. I've even donated to brilliant bits of freeware that ask for it, when it's "that good".
    But that's just my way. Honesty. No insult intended.

Calling it Nightmare Weaver is has nothing to do with me not liking Dreamweaver. I love Dreamweaver. The nightmare is this place - bear's post is yet another in which someone is referencing something that I didn't even say. How about reading you own assumptions into it, but writing about what is actually on the screen? Basing an argument/discussion (not sure which this is) on assumptions is bad.

The 12 year old might also turn into a modern day Robin Hood who grows up to give copies of SweetDreamsWeaver to underpriveleged children in the ghetto. One of those kids turns out to be the greatest web designers evers, and makes millions of dollar. This same kid uses his fortune to find the cure for cancer and Alzheimers. Let's speculate further? ...nah, tired of it. Just to illustrate how ridiculous speculation is.

I would be interested to hear what everyone thinks about:
    You can continue to fool yourself if you like. Giving a case where it does not hurt is the same as believing it, you'll learn that when you get older, yeah?
    One of the most ignorant statements that I've read lately.

How could telling me that your way is honesty have anything to do with an insult towards me?

Maybe some more WHT users can step up and talk about how honest they are. Good clean living around here.

I would be very interested in hearing from the people that tithe 10% of their salary to Microsoft every year. That would bring a tear to my eye.

The 12 year old might also turn into a modern day Robin Hood who grows up to give copies of SweetDreamsWeaver to underpriveleged children in the ghetto. One of those kids turns out to be the greatest web designers evers, and makes millions of dollar. This same kid uses his fortune to find the cure for cancer and Alzheimers.
    It's not his to give. That's the point, regardless of motivation or outcome.
    How could telling me that your way is honesty have anything to do with an insult towards me?
    If you would read it again, I said it was not specifically directed at you. That was the point of *that* one.

some more WHT users can step up and talk about how honest they are. Good clean living around here.
    This isn't the point. Shifting attention away from the real issue, whether or not *you* goofed by posting that bit about Kazaa. Even if you don't use it, it sounded that way because you recommended it, serious or not.

I would be very interested in hearing from the people that tithe 10% of their salary to Microsoft every year.
    Missed the point again, I fear. THose that buy software instead of stealing, do so for a variety of reasons. Some from honesty, others from fear of getting caught and others for self-preservation reasons (coders need to get paid, or they stop coding).

Again, just my opinion, but you probably should have let this go. Not much to be gained from it, IMHO.

This has all been argued hundreds of times in the past, and no one wins either way. Such is life.

It's not his to give. That's the point, regardless of motivation or outcome.
    Never said it was his to give. I was illustrating how ridiculous your speculation about what he goes on to do later in life is. You missed the point on this one.

If you would read it again, I said it was not specifically directed at you. That was the point of *that* one.
    No that was not the point of that one. The point of that one, as far as I see it, was to take a bachhanded shot at calling me dishonest. If it was not, then who were you talking to? Someone else that is not even in this conversation? How about now you be honest and own up to what you write at least.

This isn't the point. Shifting attention away from the real issue, whether or not *you* goofed by posting that bit about Kazaa. Even if you don't use it, it sounded that way because you recommended it, serious or not.
    I didn't goof by posting about Kazaa. It was a joke, but it also served as a springboard for the self-righteous to proclaim their honesty and generosity.

Missed the point again, I fear. THose that buy software instead of stealing, do so for a variety of reasons. Some from honesty, others from fear of getting caught and others for self-preservation reasons (coders need to get paid, or they stop coding).
    Yes, and we all know why you do it- honesty. I did not miss the point. The Microsoft one was a **joke** (guess I need to start labelling my humor). The point of the Microsoft joke - a parody of you proclaiming how honest and righteous you are, and how much you have supported the development of software. That was my point. You missed it.

Again, just my opinion, but you probably should have let this go. Not much to be gained from it, IMHO.
    Nah, I don't like people telling about their virtues without messing with them a little bit. Always got to look out for the ones that tell you how virtuous they are up front. Those are the dangerous ones.

This has all been argued hundreds of times in the past, and no one wins either way. Such is life.
    Maybe not, but it creates a halfway interesting diversion for a few minutes.

I want a mercedes and I'm 17. there is no way I can afford it so I steal it. There's no lost profits because they wouldn't have profited anyway.

stealing is stealing.

(oh and don't start saying stuff like "the mercedes cost them money to build, but because software is digital it doesnt cost them anything..." they spent a ton of money in developing the intellectual property)
    Bill Erickson : Resume | Aesthetic Studios

meanpc:
    I've seen this before. Should have seen it this time too.
    It's called 'trolling'. Do something wrong that gets people talking, argue every bit, while defending your actions as pure, or "a joke". Meanwhile, at every turn, try to make it look like the person that's responding is the one doing something dishonest or suspect (IE: "Always got to look out for the ones that tell you how virtuous they are up front. Those are the dangerous ones.").

Bottom line?
    I think you posted about what you know. Kazaa and stealing what software you want. Honest enough for you? Still just an opinion...mine.