Looking for a reliable host with great customer service

I'm currently looking to host a site on a plan with 250+ MB storage, 10+ GB bandwidth, and extremely good customer service and reliability for $10/month or less.

I've tried some host search engines, but they tend to be outdated, and obviously they can't give you the most accurate description of a host's support and reliability. Therefore, I'm hoping some of you can name some hosts that fit these criteria and have proven themselves to have excellent services that a business can depend on.

So far, Dreamhost looks like they provide a very good service, however, it would be good to hear some more suggestions.

Take a look at
    PagesGarden and
    LunarPages.

Lunarpages has been well known for good service.
    PagesGarden is relatively new but their support is quite good.

Enjoy
    Top10WebHosting Admin
    Top10WebHosting.com

I believe I just read a thread about DreamHost having a lot of problems ... Found it!

-> http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...ight=Dreamhost

I'd recommend looking into IMInteractive.Com, HostRocket.Com, as well as F5hosting.Com. I've had sites hosted on all 3 before and they were all very good providers.

Well, I've looked at Lunarpages before, and though it looks like they offer a good service, I'm looking for something that's more geared towards business and provides very fast support and makes a point of having 100% uptime. I did enquire with them about their service, and it took about 12 hours to get a response and it looked like it was mostly just copy/pasted. 12 hours isn't too long for a response, but Dreamhost sent me one within about 3 hours and it was more personalized.

As for Hostrocket, I read their TOS and was frustrated with how they're not up-front about some of their usage policies. Thanks for the suggestions though, I keep looking into them.

Try using the host quote feature:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php

Also take a look at the Offers section of this Forum and do your search
    CirtexHosting Providing Affordable and Quality Web Hosting & Reseller Hosting since 2003
    LINUX based cPANEL/WHM Shared and Reseller Web Hosting with Fantastico
    HostV VPS Premium Virtual Private Servers & Dedicated Servers powered by cPanel/WHM
    We transfer your sites over quickly! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

I'm looking for something that's more geared towards business and provides very fast support and makes a point of having 100% uptime.
    It doesn't exist though
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

Originally posted by top10web

The fact that they probably pay to advertise on your site would also probably have nothing to do with that recommendation, ahe?

Also, didn't realise that LunarPages hosted at the ThePlanet. Traceroute for PagesGarden definitely ends at LunarPages and not ThePlanet as they suggest. Anyhow, I'm sure there are good reasons for everything.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

I did enquire with them about their service, and it took about 12 hours to get a response and it looked like it was mostly just copy/pasted. 12 hours isn't too long for a response, but Dreamhost sent me one within about 3 hours and it was more personalized.
    I think that it is not a great time for the reply on customer's request! If you want to have very fast support which would be able to respond you during 1 hour maximum, you are to look forward for the host with ICQ or AIM support.

Originally posted by NexDog
    The fact that they probably pay to advertise on your site would also probably have nothing to do with that recommendation, ahe?

Also, didn't realise that LunarPages hosted at the ThePlanet. Traceroute for PagesGarden definitely ends at LunarPages and not ThePlanet as they suggest. Anyhow, I'm sure there are good reasons for everything.
    Lunarpages does not host at ThePlanet ?!?!? We are located at http://www.onewilshire.com and have one of our offices and noc there.

I find it humerous that pagesgarden.com is actually hosted with us as it is not affiliated with us any way.
    I like to help

Heh, I know. But PagesGarden say they are hosted at ThePlanet but there with you.
    Laurence Flynn @ atOmicVPS LTD
    Linux & Windows Cloud Hosting Solutions Powered by OnApp
    Fully Managed [Shared][Reseller][Cloud VPS] [Dedicated]
    Featuring the atOmicSTACK ● Speed ● Performance ● Reliability

As per reviews of customers given here earlier I have a good impression about LunarPages
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Cool

Keep lookin!

you could also look at maine pc hosting they have aim icq perl des all for support.

http://findmyhosting.com/AdvancedSearch.asp could help too. Also look for each company's name in these forums to read what their customers have to say about them: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=

Dreamhost is quite reputable for its support, however, please try to read more reviews more signing up with them. You want to make sure you get a value buy.

What is your most important hosting requirement in choosing a host?

Cristiano

These type threads can get pretty interesting I see.

We have one person recommending some Hosters who may or may not, pay for advertising on their site. The site appears to be about recommendations for various Hosters and they could have mentioned others listed on their site but did not.

One of the Hosters they recommended gets their Hosting from LunarPages and yet, their Data center page says, "Our servers are located at The Planet Data Center." As no URL or Domain name is given, I guess we are supposed to "know" without asking. It doesn't matter anyway as they are hosted with LunarPages.com.

Then someone from LunarPages.com makes a post and finds it "humerous" that someone is hosted with them? Not sure why they would find it "funny" but this person then goes on to some how distance themselves by saying, "is not affiliated with us any way".

Allow me to point out:

Adjective: affiliated
    1. being joined in close association

As in 'attached' or 'connected'.

So, we have a recommendation for a Hoster that someone else may or may not, get a commission from the recommendation. Personally, I doubt they would.

Then we have a recommended Hoster who has incorrect information about who they Host with. A definite Red Flag there.

And finally, we have a Hoster who thinks it's funny that people would host with them, at least one in particular, and does not want to associate themselves with their own Clients, or at least one anyway.

Fascinating reading.
    PotentProducts.com - for all your Hosting needs
    Helping people Host, Create and Maintain their Web Site
    ServerAdmin Services also available

And then we have another hoster making us aware what is really going on... and then... story of my life.

Don't you think it is humerous if another webhosting company used your services instead of their own? I am actually very amused by it myself.
    I like to help

100% uptime???? I wan to see this. What about the reboots and security updates and kernel updates. How do you do this without rebooting? 99.9% is good but 100% just wont happen.

It will happen if you pay enough... but I doubt our friend is willing to pay 100$ for 10mb diskspace or similar
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |

One of the best low costs host around is Complete-Host.com

I was recently hosted with them until my site got much too large. We had to go with a larger company. (My site pushes about 20gigs a month with extremely active forums)

I was very sad to have to leave them. I had no downtime, and they are in process of upgrading the servers this weekend. The owner is one of those rare people who really does care about the people hosting with him and their needs.

Between the customer service and the stability of the hosting they are the best around bar none!

I promise I don't work for them, I get nothing for such a glowing recommendation. They are extremely reasonable in their pricing, and will work with you to give you meet your needs.

On a side note, I chose Micfo.com as my new host. So far I'm very pleased with them.

A customer of mine showed me this thread and I feel that it might be a good idea (or maybe not) for me to explain things a bit.

The website Pagesgarden.com is hosted in LunarPages.

We took dedicated servers from servermatrix.com and the servers are in, as all of you know, the Planet's data center.

All our customer's account are hosted there.

We are not foolish enough to assume that the servers in ServerMatrix will run with 100% uptime. Therefore we were hoping that with PagesGarden.com hosted with a reliable host like LunarPages.com we can still keep in touch with our customers for notification and updates IF (touch wood) any of the servers in ServerMatrix goes down. We didn't have to spend that extra money but we did it anyway and hoping that it is the right move for our customers (and the business) sake.

We are considering another host to serve as a notification site in case (touch wood again), Pagesgarden.com experiences down time. While I'm not 100% sure if this is really necessary, our customer service head is bugging me everyday for this.

Anyway, I hope this clears up the reason that when you traceroute from pagesgarden.com you got to LunarPages.com.

Best regards to everyone and thanks to Max (LunarPages.com) for the good service so far.
    HooYinn FONG
    PagesGarden.com - Budget Web Hosting
    http://www.pagesgarden.com

When I said 100%, I meant approximately 100%. I'm not a fool.

Anyhow, I think I've still got a couple of months time left on my old host's contract. I'll probably stay with them til the end of the month and no further, because I think they're terrible (in fact, that should be a new thread altogether), at which point I will probably switch to either Dreamhost or Lunarpages. The problem with a lot of the smaller hosts is that they just outsource their servers to some remote location and I like knowing that I'm dealing with the same company that's in charge of the servers.

Originally posted by hyfong
    A customer of mine showed me this thread and I feel that it might be a good idea (or maybe not) for me to explain things a bit.

The website Pagesgarden.com is hosted in LunarPages.

We took dedicated servers from servermatrix.com and the servers are in, as all of you know, the Planet's data center.

All our customer's account are hosted there.

We are not foolish enough to assume that the servers in ServerMatrix will run with 100% uptime. Therefore we were hoping that with PagesGarden.com hosted with a reliable host like LunarPages.com we can still keep in touch with our customers for notification and updates IF (touch wood) any of the servers in ServerMatrix goes down. We didn't have to spend that extra money but we did it anyway and hoping that it is the right move for our customers (and the business) sake.

We are considering another host to serve as a notification site in case (touch wood again), Pagesgarden.com experiences down time. While I'm not 100% sure if this is really necessary, our customer service head is bugging me everyday for this.

Anyway, I hope this clears up the reason that when you traceroute from pagesgarden.com you got to LunarPages.com.

Best regards to everyone and thanks to Max (LunarPages.com) for the good service so far.
    The irony is that you end up being the perfect advertisement for Lunarpages in doing such a thing.

Fyrestarter, have you looked into SuperbHosting? I've been hosting a low traffic domain with them since January and have been pleased thus far. They support both Unix and Windows for under $10. 50GB Traffic, 1GB Disk Space.

You may want to do a search or wait for more feedback on them, but as I said I haven't had any issues thus far.

I was hoping Pagesgarden.com can stay in the shadow and remain unnoticed until we are more prepared...

To Fyrestarter: I appologize if I have offended you with the "foolish" statement. It wasn't supposed to refer to your search.

As for the advertisement for LunarPages.com, well, I'm not here to look for customers (yet). My interest was to clear up Pagesgarden.com's name. I couldn't sleep if such misunderstanding exists.

Many people will still go to Lunarpages.com since they are more popular, larger, and have been around much longer than Pagesgarden.com. I'm sure more than 99% of the WHT readers knows LunarPages.com and less than 0.5% of the readers ever heard of Pagesgarden.com. They don't need any help from me.

It has been a great conversation with you all, except for the unintentional offence to Fyrestarter. Again, I appologize.

Best regards to everyone.
    HooYinn FONG
    PagesGarden.com - Budget Web Hosting
    http://www.pagesgarden.com

Originally posted by top10web
    Take a look at
    PagesGarden and
    LunarPages.

Lunarpages has been well known for good service.

Enjoy
    You have first hand experience with both? You didn't mention that.

Originally posted by hyfong
    I was hoping Pagesgarden.com can stay in the shadow and remain unnoticed until we are more prepared...

To Fyrestarter: I appologize if I have offended you with the "foolish" statement. It wasn't supposed to refer to your search.

As for the advertisement for LunarPages.com, well, I'm not here to look for customers (yet). My interest was to clear up Pagesgarden.com's name. I couldn't sleep if such misunderstanding exists.

Many people will still go to Lunarpages.com since they are more popular, larger, and have been around much longer than Pagesgarden.com. I'm sure more than 99% of the WHT readers knows LunarPages.com and less than 0.5% of the readers ever heard of Pagesgarden.com. They don't need any help from me.

It has been a great conversation with you all, except for the unintentional offence to Fyrestarter. Again, I appologize.

Best regards to everyone.
    You never offended me. I was correcting myself because some people were questioning why I said 100% uptime.