HELP - Credit Card Processor Info?

I am hoping for some information about obtaining a credit card processor. I need a processor that already has a merchant account, as here in the UK it is proving difficult for new businesses to obtain a merchant account from a bank. I have seen many processors, but it seems you have to already have a merchant account to use their services.

We have been using a processor in the UK for 8 months now, but BarclayCard Merchant services pulled the plug on them! Now we are left with no c/c payment facility and a good business that has doubled month on month - until today that is!

We have tried PayPal about 10 months ago, and it was okay, but we out grew them and as soon as we accepted credit cards through our processor, business more than doubled!

Can anyone please offer me some advice on a processor in the US or Canada or wherever......

Many Thanks, Paul.

you could always try - i have a merchant account with them and they are pretty decent

Castle Pines, CO
    You can also check out worldpay, paysystems, or 2co for more information.

As fa as getting a US processor - it can be very difficult. You need at least a US bank account & a US address. You can get those, but it is more expensive if you have an assignee sign you up for a US bank account. And your discount rate is usually higher if you do not have at least a Social Security number or a driver's license number.

Chesapeake, VA
    Sorry to hear about your situation.

There are a few higher risk processors that may be able to underwrite your account. One of them contacted me the other day and indicated that they could underwrite accounts very quickly, I'd be happy to pass them along to you in case they might be of assistance.

Other than that, the options Corey mentions above are likely your best bets. - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at - we look forward to helping your business grow!