Suitable font for professional websites

Hi,

What are the suitable fonts for professional webistes. Any commnets are appareciated.

Thanks
    John.K
    BannersCorner.com - Professional Banner Design Company

Content i would use verdana or arial.

I'd also say Verdana or Arial for content. For images use anything that's easy to read and looks good.

Verdana and Arial are two good fonts.

I like using some Trebuchet MS when I can get away with it.

Georgia looks nice, but not too professional, more for a blog.

Have to agree with Veranda is the best. Just started learning (Newb) HTML and have seen alot of really bad sites that use 5 or more fonts. My eyes My poor eyes.

You might also want to consider the difference between serif fonts and sans-serif fonts. It makes a difference in the print world, so it crosses over to web media.

Verdana, Arial and Tahoma

Remember, some people don't have the same fonts as you installed.

Verdana, arial -- you're pretty safe with those.
    Tahoma -- windows font
    Helvetica -- safe
    Courier -- safe
    Geneva -- safe
    Trebuchet MS -- safe
    Gone.

I would definately recommend Ariel for anything professional really. Its the most commonly used, neat, yet not as boring as Times New Roman is seen.
    Richard Kelly
    Host Current
    www.hostcurrent.com

if you set "font-family: sans-serif" in your CSS, this is safe for every system, it will automatically select the nearest match to the standard sans serif font on the system it is being viewed from. This is because you are setting a font family, not a specific font

Other families that I know of from the top of my head are "mono" for monospaced fonts, and "serif" for the Times New Roman style fonts.

Verdana is my favorite

use fonts compatible with most platforms (windows in all its versions, macOS in all it's versions, linux or any other unix variant etc)

I usually use arial helvetica sans-serif verdana kind of fonts. For flash i usually use a flashpixel font that suits the subject. For headers, logo's etc you're free to go if you save the file as a bitmap. Never use too many fonts. 2 or in very rare occasions 3 per site is enough to me imho.

I have a question. If I use in my website a font which not in visitor computer. So what happen? Is this font work OR replace with any other system font.

If you use a font not on the viewer's computer, they will simply render the page with their system default font, whatever that may be. Always use a standard font to avoid your pages being seriously altered by default fonts. Like many above, I recommend Arial. Arial is easy on the eyes and works well with professional sites. Especially good when a lot of information is being displayed.

John

I would suggest arial because it is widely used and professional. It i salso on every PC as a default font. The Helios family is also very professional, but if you make a template and sell just the template you'll have to include the fonts.....

Matt

Arial, such a nice font, my favourite personally
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company