Additional Business?

Just a bit curious, who here operates another internet-themed business in addition to web hosting?

I have seriously been entertaining the possibility of launching a design service for hosting companies only. This would include logos and web sites, and charge at reasonable prices, but deliver quality work. I feel this is a strong idea because so many hosts choose template-styled sites. For the same or similar price, why not offer quality work? Would any hosts here be interested in such a service?

I used to operate a design business years ago, but abandoned it once I got into web hosting.

This may not be the best forum for this, if not, mods please move.

Anyway, just wanted to hear your thoughts on this, and for those who offer design services in addition to hosting, how well is it working?

I would be interested in that kind of service. Let me know when you have it up and running.

Thanks

I have been running a web design business for a few years now and bolted on hosting about half a year ago... Urm, well for us both have randomly fluctuated in profit sometimes one will end up funding the other and vice versa. Its quite interesting to see our records and compare the two companies.

Urm if you want any other information through a question or two this way!

For me, I provide other essential add-on elements to complement my web hosting. That will include domain registration, ecommerce solutions and business reviews for start-ups. Web designing i assigned to my dedicated partners.

Till now each of these elements complement each other perfectly and smoothly. I would just say if your service is rock solid, even if you just provide web hosting or designing or merely a referal service, You will get your pool of loyal customers.

What I have done is create a brand known as 'Asanton' and then create little brands under that, including my hosting business, Bub Host. I am also thinking of other businesses that will complement Bub Host.

Originally posted by Bub Host
    What I have done is create a brand known as 'Asanton' and then create little brands under that, including my hosting business, Bub Host. I am also thinking of other businesses that will complement Bub Host.
    Thanks for sharing. That's what I said I was looking to do though. I'm looking for people who have done what I'm thinking of.

Regards,
    Waylon

I definately do, our largest operation now is actually web hosting, followed by bandwidth reselling, which isn't really hosting, and then finally web hosting. I started with web hosting, got some connections, and eventually fell into the others.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers