Where do you purchase PC Parts?

Looking to buy a new PC, slowly, going to grab a 2.8E ghz + mobo for 250$ total at newegg.com - Any other good places out there?

You needing it to be new or not?

If you're willing to take some older stuff (couple weeks/months) you can get some good deals on some forums.

Anandtech has a pretty good sales forum. Make sure to read their safe trading & troll post, though. I've used them for a buncha parts, and all went well =)

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Prefer new, I'm sitting on a 7 year old, 433mhz AMD from way back when it was "good" ...not fun!

Ebuyer.com are excellent over here in the UK, have used them for many many years and spent thousands with them, not had a problem. They opened up in the US last year too...
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

I buy most of my stuff at independent shops in Toronto. I've never seen anything as cheap online.

I would think you will have similar shops in Miami.

Other than that, ebay is alright if you have patience to wait for a deal.

BTW - I'm running an Athlon 650 from the days that it was top of the line
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."

When in need I check newegg.com, outpost.com, tigerdirect.com (taking into account high shipping fees), slickdeals.net and fatwallet.com/forums/.
    Dan Grossman - dan @ awio.com
    My Blog | Affiliate Program for Web Hosts

Well, we have a Tigerdirect around here - not much difference from newegg because it's more expensive. Miami has similiar shops but not cheaper then newegg =|

Whenever I am going to buy new computer hardware I always go to a computer show. You can get amazing deals there and you can talk the guys down or get them to throw in free stuff. I have yet to find anything else that provides computer hardware so cheap. they easily beat any .com or computer store. Im not sure where you live, but here in NY and also NJ and Cali, Marketpro runs most of the computer shows. but im sure there are shows in every state as long as you are near a big city.

I have gone to at least half a dozen marketpro shows and one or two of the blue star shows in the same area. You can easily beat their prices online, usually at newegg even. Even with haggling they're out to make money there, it just seems cheap.

tigerdirect.com is the best place i've seen so far

check pricewatch

And then ebay.

Newegg is pretty good though...

Originally posted by bullman
    tigerdirect.com is the best place i've seen so far
    Very rarely is TD the best price, especially since their shipping starts around $10.

ebuyer.com and komplett.co.uk

Andrew
    NetHosted - UK based hosting solutions.

The only place I buy parts online is www.mwave.com they're not the cheapest but service is outstanding and shipping is fast. The one rma I had was fast and trouble free.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Computer swapmeets/markets for most things; always cheaper than the stores. There are a few select items that I often find cheaper on eBay, though.

local computer auctions in AUS, I get thing really cheap

I like tigerdirect.com

I use newegg.com mostly and occasionaly a local company when I need something bad (i.e harddrive failure.)
    Linux junkie | steward.io

i look on ebay to buy alot of my pc stuff and so far i have had some good luck

ebay is the best place in the world TBH ;-). I picked off a few dual xeons for dirt cheap prices due to a company bankruptcy.

"Ebay saved my life" - Benoit Brookens, a satisfied customer
    Benoît Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

newegg.com is great and you can also check out techbargains.com for good deals.

I buy all of my computer hardware from local shops.

I try and support local businesses as much as possible, even if it means spending a couple more dollars.

Without a doubt, NewEgg.com - they have great prices and an absolutely stellar reputation in all areas, including customer service. So far, I've built three computers with parts ordered from them. Paid standard shipping in all instances, and every time it was sent via FedEx and at my door within two days. I received a DOA motherboard once - RMA procedure was easy, and they had the new MB on its way next-day air at no charge before I had even sent the bad one back.