Burst Collection Agency

I got a few servers at Nocster.com. Well the story goes like this,

1) In March, I first receive an invoice from nocster.com
    2) Than after that, I immediately contact billing at burst.net and call them to cancel my server as I donít want to use their service anymore.
    3) Than they reply and tell me that I have to submit a support ticket in order to close my account from their site.
    4) So I follow the procedure they given to me.
    5) After a few days, I receive no reply from them. Than, I tried to access my server at burst and it seems it is taken offline. So I thought they have canceled my server and everything.
    6) After a few fine weeks, than I suddenly receive an email from burst and say that I need to pay all the invoice and they said they already forward my information to their collection agency.

This is totally unacceptable as I have tried to contact them and cancel the server. And they just ignore everything and forward me to their collection agency.

Please can anyone help me? And also, can anyone tell me what will they do? For their collection agency?

Im not going to pay, because i already cancel my server and I donít even use their service for one month.

If it really has gone to a collection agency then you'll probably need professional legal advice. You may want to make a last e-mail - even call them - just to confirm Nocster is proceding with the aforementioned action. If you consider

Originally posted by I, Brian
    If it really has gone to a collection agency then you'll probably need professional legal advice. You may want to make a last e-mail - even call them - just to confirm Nocster is proceding with the aforementioned action. If you consider
    What will they do if they already forward to the Collection Agency?
    And also, this is totally unacceptable since I didnt use their service for one month and my server has alredy taken offline for that period of time. Additionally, I already submitted a ticket to stop the service as well contacting them via email.

Point 1) says you recieved an invoice, then point 2) says you tried to cancel.
    Before point 1) happened, did you actually recieve any service?

Originally posted by robdavy
    Point 1) says you recieved an invoice, then point 2) says you tried to cancel.
    Before point 1) happened, did you actually recieve any service?
    I'm not sure about that. What I know is, yes the server is still online after I received the invoice. And the sever is also online after I submit the service cancellation request.

And after a few days, since I thought everything has been solved, than I forget about this nocster or burst. I also try to access the server after a few days and it seems they have taken it offline.

I also even tried to access their billing area and it seems the account has been deleted by them.

If that's the case they may have mixed up their billing. I would contact them and explain what happened.

Originally posted by Jhorra
    If that's the case they may have mixed up their billing. I would contact them and explain what happened.
    This is the last email I received from them on 3/4/2004

==================================

FINAL NOTICE:

Payment needs to be made immediately on this account or your account will be turned over to our collections agency.

Please take this matter seriously, as this may be the only notice that you receive prior to legal action.

To view invoicing/statements and make a payment on your account please visit:

https://billing.burst.net

Your username and password were sent to you previously via email. If you do not have your login information, please follow the instructions on that site to retrieve it.

If you can no longer gain access to the billing system, please contact us immediately.

Regards,
    Billing Dept.
    BurstNET Technologies, Inc.
    [email protected]

==================================

What is a collection agency anyway? And what did they do?

A Collection Agency can really affect your credit if you don't handle this issue.

I would bet this is one of those instances with Burst where the server was not cancelled on the right date and they don't do partial payments. If you go one day into a new billing period then you pay for the whole billing period. If this turns out to be the case, then you can just pay it or see your lawyer. It's probably not worth the money for the lawyer.

Now if you pay them to remove the Collection Agency from the equation and you did not receive the full services for which you paid, you may be the one that has some options at that point....

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    A Collection Agency can really affect your credit if you don't handle this issue.

I would bet this is one of those instances with Burst where the server was not cancelled on the right date and they don't do partial payments. If you go one day into a new billing period then you pay for the whole billing period. If this turns out to be the case, then you can just pay it or see your lawyer. It's probably not worth the money for the lawyer.

Now if you pay them to remove the Collection Agency from the equation and you did not receive the full services for which you paid, you may be the one that has some options at that point....
    It is not worth it at all if I pay them. I didn't even use their service not even login to their WHM for that period of time. And for my record, I have submitted the service cancellation ticket after the invoice has been sent to me.

And the problem is, after I submitted the service cancellaton ticket, they dont even reply me.

And can I ask, the collection agency if it affect my credit, what will happen? I can't purchase any more products using credit card?

This is really unfair and im really angry at burst or nocster what so ever it call. I didn't use their service and I cancel their server, and they want me to pay for an extra one month for the server?

"I have submitted the service cancellation ticket after the invoice"

My point was, if you've received any of what the invoice was for (ie, if it was for March, and you had a week of March hosting) then you have to pay it.

Was this a Pro-Forma invoice?

"I have submitted the service cancellation ticket after the invoice"

My point was, if you've received any of what the invoice was for (ie, if it was for March, and you had a week of March hosting) then you have to pay it.

Was this a Pro-Forma invoice?
    I also tried to access their billing area to see what is going on and it seems the account has been deleted and I can't access it.

Sorry, but what's the meaning of Pro-Forman invoice???

a pro-forma invoice (an english/latin term) is one where for example, you goto a Broom Stick supply, buy 100 broom sticks, then they invoice you for them. you usually have 30 days to pay
    you have you broom sticks, and then you have to pay

how long had you had the server? what was the invoice for exactly, what period?

a pro-forma invoice (an english/latin term) is one where for example, you goto a Broom Stick supply, buy 100 broom sticks, then they invoice you for them. you usually have 30 days to pay
    you have you broom sticks, and then you have to pay

how long had you had the server? what was the invoice for exactly, what period?
    I'm not sure whether this is a pro-forma invoice, what I know is that when the server has expired, they will issue an invoice. And I will have to access their billing area to pay.

And follow to their term, if I dont pay within 30 days, they will forward the info to their collection angency.

The date of the invoice is from 12/3/2004 to 12/4/2004

Did they issue the invoice before 12/3/2004?
    Did you cancel before 12/3/2004?

Did they issue the invoice before 12/3/2004?
    Did you cancel before 12/3/2004?
    Yes there are invoice before the 12/3/2004, but all of them already paid.

And yes, I have contacted them before the 12/3/2004 to cancel my server, but I didn't receive any reply from them even I submit a service cancellation email.

ah right, glad we got that established
    im going to PM you

I just purchased a box with Burst/Nocster and this is seriously making me reconsider doing any business with them.

You get what you pay for I suppose..

Originally posted by LifelessHost
    I just purchased a box with Burst/Nocster and this is seriously making me reconsider doing any business with them.

Move to SM. To me SM is the best. I never have any problem with billing issue at SM.

Just becareful with burst.

Here's the plan (I work for a collection agency BTW. Not the one that Burst uses though.);

1st.) Find out who Burst uses. Get their phone number.

2nd.) Call the collection agency. Discuss the problem over with them.

3rd.) More than likely they are not going to write it off. If you can, offer a settlement agreement (They may take up to 15% off). If you can't pay it all off in a lump sum, then offer a monthly payment plan.

4th.) If you can't pay anything, write them a letter stating that at the current time you do not have the funds to pay this bill. Give them the reason why. Under the Fair collections act they CANNOT contact you in anyway. If you do own assets they're able to sue you to get a judgement (such as a wage garnishment) or a lien on your property. They're also able to report the debt to the credit bureaur's.

If you ignore them you will just make your situation worse and it'll just effect you negatively in the long run.

If you wish to write a letter using your rights protected by the fair collections act, here's a basic one that will do the job.

---> http://www.law.emory.edu/PI/ALAS/debtcoll.htm

Originally posted by inogenius
    Here's the plan (I work for a collection agency BTW. Not the one that Burst uses though.);

1st.) Find out who Burst uses. Get their phone number.

2nd.) Call the collection agency. Discuss the problem over with them.

3rd.) More than likely they are not going to write it off. If you can, offer a settlement agreement (They may take up to 15% off). If you can't pay it all off in a lump sum, then offer a monthly payment plan.

4th.) If you can't pay anything, write them a letter stating that at the current time you do not have the funds to pay this bill. Give them the reason why. Under the Fair collections act they CANNOT contact you in anyway. If you do own assets they're able to sue you to get a judgement (such as a wage garnishment) or a lien on your property. They're also able to report the debt to the credit bureaur's.

If you ignore them you will just make your situation worse and it'll just effect you negatively in the long run.

If you wish to write a letter using your rights protected by the fair collections act, here's a basic one that will do the job.

---> http://www.law.emory.edu/PI/ALAS/debtcoll.htm
    I doubt anyone is going into debt over a 60 dollar Burst box.

It sounds like a billing error to me.

Originally posted by radarjammer
    It is not worth it at all if I pay them. I didn't even use their service not even login to their WHM for that period of time. And for my record, I have submitted the service cancellation ticket after the invoice has been sent to me.

And the problem is, after I submitted the service cancellaton ticket, they dont even reply me.

And can I ask, the collection agency if it affect my credit, what will happen? I can't purchase any more products using credit card?

This is really unfair and im really angry at burst or nocster what so ever it call. I didn't use their service and I cancel their server, and they want me to pay for an extra one month for the server?
    If it goes on your credit history what this will do is effect your credit score which in return could effect you getting a credit card, bank loan, checking accounts etc... etc... because all the company that deals with these checks your credit history and bases their decision on if they are going to issue you a credit card or grant your loan or what ever you are trying to get.

Thanks
    - James

from talking to the guy, it seems like a billing error just gone a bit to far
    we all know what its like when companies start sending out automated letters saying "we're sending a debt collection agency round! buh haha!" where as in fact, they just want to scare you
    hopefully this will be sorted out shortly, im just waiting to hear back

LifelessHost - i wouldnt worry too much, just keep an eye on your billing

from talking to the guy, it seems like a billing error just gone a bit to far
    we all know what its like when companies start sending out automated letters saying "we're sending a debt collection agency round! buh haha!" where as in fact, they just want to scare you
    hopefully this will be sorted out shortly, im just waiting to hear back

LifelessHost - i wouldnt worry too much, just keep an eye on your billing
    Until now, I still haven't receive any reply from burst.
    I also tried to contact them via phone, and it seems there are problem with their line or my line. I just can't call them.

Originally posted by LifelessHost

I've had no problems with billing that weren't resolved quickly (& I deal with a large volume of server, cancellations, small billing errors, and have been there for almost 2 years). If you did cancel via the cancellation form, they will have a record of that. The person who used to deal with billing is no longer there, Keith should be able to fix this problem quickly.

- Matt

Originally posted by radarjammer
    Until now, I still haven't receive any reply from burst.
    I also tried to contact them via phone, and it seems there are problem with their line or my line. I just can't call them.
    What exactly is the problem? I have never had issues with calling them. 877-BURSTNET should work, but if not, try 570-343-2200 .

- Matt