Page 1 of 12 1234 11 ... LastLast

Eryxma Down since last 2 days!

Hello,

I have a reseller account on there Plesk server since more than one year. Now, since last 2-3 days they have continues problems on this server. We had opended few tickets & tried to contact them on AIM but we did not received any reply.
    There forum was full of complaint till yesterday. Now they had closed it & also the home page, eryxma.com, is also not working. Non of the service on server is working at this time. Our clients are complaining as this is hurting their business, as well as ours.

I think, Eryxma, is one of the worst company & soon going to create a history like Cyberwings did.
    Now they are sending billing invoice, which indeed looks like a fraud. They are making fraud like Cyberwings did few years back.

Eryxma Suck....

Limynali,

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems there. I still talk to Patrick on a regular basis and will try to convey a message for you as soon as possible.

You can try getting ahold of Joe at (888) 471-9683.

http://eryxma.com/ is up for me. Hope you get your issues ironed out. (Forum is down for "database repair" )

Originally posted by binaris
    Limynali
    Oops, wrong person.

Pat's in the process of moving, I believe, and Matt is on vacation. Your best bet will be calling that number.

Still down

Eryxma still appears to be down. The 888 number you provided does not work, nor does the phone number they have in the title of their main page. Eryxma Networks - Call us today at 1-(617)-395-4142

Does anyone know what's going on? Eryxma is down frequently.

Yep, it does appear down now.

http://corp.eryxma.com/nagios/ (69.41.238.226)

Patrick put this online not too long ago, you should be able to get some service/host info from there.

I'll see if I can find any of the other numbers again...

Their latest number is (281) 627-8093.

EDIT: One more... (281) 748-7683
    Last edited by binaris; 04-09-2004 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks a lot binaris... that should prove to be very helpful to all of us Eryxma customers...

After a lot of downperiods last month (luckily most of them where not much longer than 1 hour), my site is down now for about 17 hours. It appears that the whole hn7 node is down (when looking at traceroutes). The real problem is that I did not receive any reaction from support (I already informed them more than 16 hours ago in different ways). I just need to know something, e-mail is very important for me right now.

The main site is up including support area.

Exclamation Eryxma: pissing me the hell off.

5 days ago, our server started acting weird. The mySQL databases would stop running. We had a VPS account.

Anyway we found out it was a memory problem and we contacted eryxma.

They shut down account and said they were gonna fix it. They turned it back on without fixing, and then few hours after that shut it down again.

That was 5 days ago. Since then they have ignored all of our e-mails, tickets and messages over aol and msn.

They are also not picking up their phone.

We are extremly angry, since we just want to get our files from server so we can move on.

What the hell is going on? And what can we do about it?

My site (on HSP CP) is down for 24 hours. As for HSP CP, it works good till last March, but there were some downtime in this week.
    I hope them to be come back.

I know this doesn't help you *now*, but if your bandwidth will allow it, I suggest getting yourself something like CURL and writing yourself some nightly scripts that will archive your site's data and pull it to your home system automatically.

I learned this lesson several times after having my data go AWOL because of a webhost. Since then I've never lost more than 24 hours.

At one host I used mysqldump, tar, and mutt to e-mail myself the nightly backups every night, and at my current one I use a VBS script on my home system that uses curl in conjunction with a cron job that runs mysqldump and tar on the host to get myself a backup nightly without any effort on my part. My data only consists of about 150MB compressed so I'm only using about 4.5GB of my bandwidth monthly and IMO that's a small price to pay for peace of mind.

I'd be more than happy to help you out in setting this up when you get your site back in your posession.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=257215

Another Eryxma thread, Fibe... get me on AIM if you don't get a reply from Joe anytime soon.

Take a move to www.ev1servers.net and get a better deal and response.

Good luck!

My VPS (HSP CP) at eryxma is getting back online now. As squeak said, I need a backup every day.

sandee29, these are not dedicated servers... That comment was way OT, regardless.

For those interested, I have tendered my resignation at Eryxma and have made an announcement regarding it here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=259713

yeah, leave eryxma.com
    they suck!
    joe is kinda cool, when he actually answeres your messages...
    but the servers are slow, overloaded and they go offline very often....

I've got a new account with tektonic, and am about to cancel my eryxma vps...

Originally posted by placrosse
    For those interested, I have tendered my resignation at Eryxma and have made an announcement regarding it here:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=259713
    hollow cow! I really dont understand those that have alot going for them, yet they just let it go

Thanks Patrick for confirming what many have suspected. You and Matt were great and I wish you luck in the future. I would advise all us Eryxma customers to check your statements carefully as Joe has done some extra billing recently. Luckily, I have moved all of my clients over to a dedicated server for the time being but I still feel really deceived.

Originally posted by capnqwest
    I would advise all us Eryxma customers to check your statements carefully as Joe has done some extra billing recently.
    I would like to confirm that. My billing was to recycle in April 5, though on March 28 I saw a charge from Eryxma. I thought that maybe they did some changes for better adjustment, the amount was the same and the date was only a week before. However, when I saw an invoice generated on April 4, I immediately (in less than 30 seconds) sent an urgent ticket to the billing department address, to prevent another charge. Since then, after numerous e-mail requests and AIM messages (shiekron, was up for a day until yesterday and for almost seven hours today), not a single reply. My account is up and functioning without problems, but I already notified my bank to refuse another charge from Eryxma. I still can claim the money from the extra invoice generated on March 28, since my credit card statement will arrive next week, therefore I have 30 days to file a compaint and deny the charge.

I wonder how Josuee (or what the hell it's his name) will try to resolve this. I also have good experience with Patrick, which was always helpful, but the only complaint is this: Patrick, if you knew the truth (the shang story etc), why didn't you warn us before? For how long you knew the real situation?

Very sad situation. It's not that the kid actually intented to steal people (I don't believe it, for 2 years I never had any problems), but he is absolutely in no position to run a business dealing with professionals

I know this is off subject here, but a few years back I was looking for a certain script. I came across a post on Modernbill's forums and this guy, who happen to be eryxma.com, was selling a script.

He sold me a program he claimed he made. This was to be for a Ensim server. After getting the code it would not work right. After researching the code it was a program that was made for a cobalt Raq that they tried hacking for ensim and passing it off as their own, even with the author of the cobalt based software still in the credits of some files.

I confronted them about fraud and they promptly refunded my $$ and apologized to me, seeing after I informed the original author of the software.
    Last edited by ljprevo; 04-14-2004 at 09:18 AM.

Luckily, I had all of my accounts moved to a new host before this latest round of problems -- and I'm also very glad that the credit card that eryxma has on file is one that is no longer a valid one, so I know he won't be able to charge anything on it.

I highly recommend that others get some sort of low level card that is -just- for webhost purchases, because while i've had some recent good experiences with webhosts, I am still incredibly leery, as you might imagine.

I will never pay for a full year up front again -- I'll pay month to month even if it ends up costing me more, because that puts the power back in -my- hands to move if/when there is a major problem.

Thank you, Patrick. Like others have said, you and Matt were the only ones who really seemed to care about customer support. I'm just sorry it's come to all of this.. As it is, it's been a nightmare trying to help others who I recommended Eryxma to move to more reliable hosts.

Former Eryxma Customer,

Mona

Houston, we have a problem. This is turning into a personal nightmare for me, as I'm sure it is for all Eryxma clients at the moment. I'm currently in Chicago right now and not back in Texas until the 18th, but I've just learned that there were two fraudulent withdrawals made on my personal checking account, one for $400 on 04/08, and another withdrawal for $500 on 04/09. These were not authorized by me. Looking at the withdrawal slips online, I can clearly see this is not my handwriting, but the signature itself is so similar to mine its SCARY. Now, there's only one person in the world besides me who would do this, and who happens to know my SSN, my DL#, and my checking account and routing #. Anyone wanna guess who it is? If anyone has any doubt that I'm not pursuing this legally to the fullest extent of the law, please be aware that I'm working on it with my bank and local law enforcement. I see another Shawn White repeat in the cards here real soon. Serious case of deja vu for me. Down the rabbit hole we go...

Regretfully,
    Patrick LaCrosse

Patrick,

sorry to here about the latest problems. However, I want to ask again: for how long did you know about the real identity of this person? Why on earth you gave him such sensitive data for your account (you said "happens to know"... orI misunderstood and he got them using other means)? I see you're away at AIM, so I'll leave you enjoy Chicago :/

Originally posted by nova9
    Patrick,

sorry to here about the latest problems. However, I want to ask again: for how long did you know about the real identity of this person? Why on earth you gave him such sensitive data for your account (you said "happens to know"... orI misunderstood and he got them using other means)? I see you're away at AIM, so I'll leave you enjoy Chicago :/
    nova9, c'mon... try to look at it from a rational perspective, and the answer becomes clear. At the time I learned of Josuee's background, did I approve of it? Of course not. If someone had contacted me privately and asked if I was aware of it, I would have been honest and admitted that I did. In the interest of protecting my only source of income, I wasn't going to be some whistleblower and break confidentiality between Josuee and I until the proverbial **** hit the fan. Surely you can understand the practicality of protecting my source of income, right? Sure, someone with less anxiety or fear of change might have left right then and there on principle, but I did not. Admittedly, that's my fault. Do you need any further explanation?

Originally posted by placrosse
    Houston, we have a problem. This is turning into a personal nightmare for me, as I'm sure it is for all Eryxma clients at the moment. I'm currently in Chicago right now and not back in Texas until the 18th, but I've just learned that there were two fraudulent withdrawals made on my personal checking account, one for $400 on 04/08, and another withdrawal for $500 on 04/09. These were not authorized by me. Looking at the withdrawal slips online, I can clearly see this is not my handwriting, but the signature itself is so similar to mine its SCARY. Now, there's only one person in the world besides me who would do this, and who happens to know my SSN, my DL#, and my checking account and routing #. Anyone wanna guess who it is? If anyone has any doubt that I'm not pursuing this legally to the fullest extent of the law, please be aware that I'm working on it with my bank and local law enforcement. I see another Shawn White repeat in the cards here real soon. Serious case of deja vu for me. Down the rabbit hole we go...

Regretfully,
    Patrick LaCrosse
    Ouch... that's definitly not good. Best of luck to you in getting this whole situation solved. First Cyberwings (which I witnessed, I had a $1/year account with lots of space & bandwidth ), now this... hope you have better luck next time.

- Matt

I had loyalty to his company, that's it, and if anyone can see that's pretty evident, and has more integrity than my last two employers, please give me a chance and contact me if you need someone who will dedicate their blood, sweat, and tears to seeing its success.

I totally agree with you Patrick. I actually think it says a lot about your integrity when you busted your *** so often to help customers out even after you learned the real story. I think the efforts of you and Matt were able to save people like me by giving us enough time to move our customers to other servers.

I just noticed now that Robert from Glexicon has acquired Eryxma's assets. Robert was one of the good guys too but I'm still not comfortable in hosting sites with anything connected with Eryxma. In fact, I've moved my customers to a much more expensive dedicated server for the time being. I may be paying 10 times as much and have to do a lot of server maintenance, but at least I can sleep at night, lol.

Thanks again Pat for all of you help at Eryxma. As a customer, I can definitely vouch for Patrick being the kind of employee I'd want to hire if I was running a bigger hosting company. He has both technical and people skills- a combination not often found in this business.

eryxma

Just wanted to add a vote of confidence to the opinions expressed here about Patrick, Matt, and Robert. I found them extraordinarily professional in every way, for the entire year and a half that I've been hosted by Eryxma. Joe was also very efficient and couretous in every exchange I witnessed on their forum, so I'm so sad to hear about this apparently disreputable conduct, if it turns out to be as bad as it sounds. I'll pray things resolve themselves and eryxma ultimately can continue it superior reputation for state-of-the art technology a a VERY low price (I am only a low-level customer there, but was impressed with what they were trying to do).

Originally posted by capnqwest
    I just noticed now that Robert from Glexicon has acquired Eryxma's assets. Robert was one of the good guys too but I'm still not comfortable in hosting sites with anything connected with Eryxma.
    Now that we're in the subject, I'd like Robert to step up and explain about the real incidents when he left Eryxma (you know, the famous post in Eryxma's support forums). In brief, Josuee posted that Robert was irresponsible and left without notice and without anyone being able to contact him. Robert held a low profile in his answer, possibly because he saw the bubble that was going to explode and was willing to take the opportunity of straighten things up. Robert, Eryxma's customers would like a little explaining to stay with Glexicon after the move.

As for Patrick, I can understand his difficult position, although I don't really approve it. However, he is one the best guys behind support desks and will be of great value to any host.

i'm confuse... if josuee is no where to be contacted.. how did glexicon acquire those eryxma's servers?

He was online in AIM until yesterday, so after realizing that he's in deep **** (and Robert realizing that the majority of Eryxma's customers with functioning accounts won't notice the latest incidents and stay with the company), took some money from here and there (extra billing, Patrick's account, selling of the company to Robert) and went to Mexico to start Mexihost. Well, you can forget the last part, but if Robert doesn't step up, we really don't know much more (but I believe I made a good case).

Originally posted by nova9
    Now that we're in the subject, I'd like Robert to step up and explain about the real incidents when he left Eryxma (you know, the famous post in Eryxma's support forums).
    nova9, I most certainly will do so once things settle down. I am at this moment about to send out an announcement to all Glexicon and Eryxma customers detailing some much-needed information about this move.

At this point, Phil Evans, Michael Borohovski, and myself are handling much of the support for Glexicon and Eryxma via email. As questions come in, we'll be trying to compile FAQ's and sending them out.

More information will also be posted on http://www.glexicon.com.

doh!

I find it very sad as I have been with eryxma for more than 2 years now and was globally happy with their services.

I checked my account and I have been billed 4 times in a months but I am unsure of what I should do to correct this.

I already emailed robert about the problem and I hope a solution can be found.

Since yesterday i have been unable to check the emails on my account, though the HTTP and FTP side still work, but the plesk control panel is unreachable

Thanks Robert, I'm waiting for this since I AIMed and e-mailed you yesterday. I wish for the best in the future.

Crudd, I asked about this subject too. The possible solutions are two: return the money or issue $0 future invoices for the amount of the months that we have been overcharged (one for me, four for you, if we stay). Well, there is the third solution of police hunting Josuee, which I suspect is not desirable :|

I haven't been able to get into (or locate) my account management, and repeated requests for help have been ignored, so I have no way to tell if I'm being billed inappropriately. Now, at least, I have some idea why, but if one of the new owners could help me get into my account, I'd really appreciate it.

My primary domain is jaewalker.net

Thanks!

Jae Walker
    [email protected]

yes but even after the sale Josuee will still have all of our credit cards number and could do whatever he pleases with them...

I know robert is honest and will help us find a solution but it Josuee that really worries me.

Page 1 of 12 1234 11 ... LastLast