e-z-hosting dead or on sabbatical?

I hold an old account with these guys pre-paid till the end of the year. They seem to have gone down again, or I don't know what, but my account was not there, and when starting a new support ticket, the number of the ticket was only 33. Now waiting the 4th day for an answer.

I know they don't work on saturdays, but maybe they have taken on sabbatical and will be missing one whole year?!
    Last edited by Imago; 04-06-2004 at 06:15 AM.
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

I hate to say it.....

.....but i told you so. Vastly overselling is a bad business practice, and these companies wont be around for a long time. You cant expect good support + uptime if you pay those prices, but if you get it then its a bonus. I hope it gets sorted for you soon tho.

They are alive enough to promote their hosting plans on Google AdSense...

I am running a dedicated server from ServerMatrix, but kept this old account with them out of loyalty, or some sympathy with their efforts to provide cheap reseller plans. Probably, shouldn't...

If they really cancelled my account, this will mean that they do not only oversell but also steal from their clients.

$160 is almost a robbery for me. Should I report them to www.ic3.gov ?
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

Try to wait a little.. If you don't get your many than you should report them.

I've had about 10 or so customers migrate from e-z-hosting to us, I've only heard horror stories coming from them so I'm sure you're not alone.
    SHAW NETWORKS Simple. Professional. Reliable. Web Hosting Done Right.
    Low Cost & Award-Winning: cPanel Reseller Plans 24/7/365 Live Technical Support
    Website: www.shawnetworks.com Fast Response E-mail: sales @ shawnetworks.com
    Sick of downtime? Fed up with excuses? Drop your host! Switch to Shaw Networks.

My .02c says report them! If you think the ic3.gov crew can do anything.

I have some space with them, I haven't had a WHM or Cpanel in so long I forgot what they looked like..

I have asked for a refund but to no avail. My prob. is that I didn't jump up and act faster so I don't think the CC Co. can pull my money back.

They are in with another hosting co, Who was apparently Just shut down by the NOC. (Maybe the NOC will shut down this site too).

Idea: if they are Advertising on Google, approch them and see if they will pull their ads. (Mention Fraud and the ic3.gov, NYPD <e-z-h Location>, FBI, Interpol <As it is international - True maybe overkill >), But You get the idea and the implications...

Hope that gives you some brain candy...

Anything you can do would be greatly appreciated!! I'll be happy to join your efforts.
    Dazed and Confused...
    Its 3am and Dominos Doesn't answer Whats UP??
    Where's My Coffee???

The irony is that whenever I open my VDSP site, his ad is on top of it, as eternal reminder of my foolish pre-pay behaviour, while searching the Google with his keywords does not return this ad. :-)

I just got an account, and have been waiting 3 days now for my DNS to be updated to my accounts. I noticed the e-z-hosting.com site is down, and I'm about to give up and ask for a refund and find somewhere else....:-( Also getting no response from email or the helpdesk...

Originally posted by Shoey
    Try to wait a little.. If you don't get your many than you should report them.
    Today I have discovered that the account has been restored and the server is quite stable.

PS. Also have noticed that e-z-hosting account has been disabled here at WHT.
    Last edited by Imago; 04-14-2004 at 07:43 AM.

Originally posted by Imago

PS. Also have noticed that e-z-hosting account has been disabled here at WHT. [/B]
    Finally.

Good Riddence to them (and iwebspeed).

If ya really wanna make me happy..
    Close them DOWN

I haven't seen my account since Jan!
    Dazed and Confused...
    Its 3am and Dominos Doesn't answer Whats UP??
    Where's My Coffee???

Yup No Support , No notice , No Nothing , switched from them to Another Reseller , working great now

Originally posted by mydomainhost
    Yup No Support , No notice , No Nothing , switched from them to Another Reseller , working great now
    Yep, and that's how it works. If your current supplier doesn't satisfy your requirements, then you move to one that does. Plenty of hardworking, honest suppliers out there that will work hard to get and keep your business. Simple as that.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Thats true so many people love getting those hosting for outragoues pricing and then they are angered when the support isnt there, downtimes, no response. Shouldnt blame them you get what you paid for.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | GigePipe - High Bandwidth Servers | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    Los Angeles, CA (US West) | Dallas, TX (US East) | Ashburn, VA (US East)