sending pics from cellphone to photo gallery

Hi,

does anybody know of an existing solution to send a pic from a cellphone to an email gateway which then posts it into an existing photo gallery (such as gallery, coppermine, etc.)

i belive you can do that with the "Sony CLIE"

You might be able to do it with a pda phone or a phone that has an internet browser...

or you can email the pictures to yourself and post them up on the gallery instead of trying to do it directly...

thanks

I am looking for an "email gateway solution" to accept millions of pics, uudecode them and post them

doubtful

i think it's doubtful you'd find one. You could always just run exim and deliver to a script. Should be a short script, too.
    -- My software isn't buggy; it develops random features --

I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to write a little Perl script that does this. Take a look at http://freshmeat.net/projects/moblog/, for example.

If one has a server, this is easy as a cake. A client could choose whether to send an email containing a photo to an email address or submit an image by browsing to a certain script. Email content could be easily delivered to a script that would take a photo and put it in a gallery. An experienced developer should have no problem doing this, but it's at least a $1k job. Good luck!

Airnine

Finished a script that can do this for a client. Not that difficult if you have sufficient access to a server.

I might even have bits of the code laying around somewhere ... seeing as how I still hold all rights to the code, and the client only wanted to have it running, and not buy it.

Let me know if you need some hints.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.
    If you feel like it, you can read my blog
    Signal > Noise