Hotmail will block gmail as spam?

I just got done talking to a friend of mine who happens to be testing a new gmail account... apparently no one with hotmail ever gets his email...

Do you think Hotmail is going to block gmail addresses?

Hmmm they may try but im pretty sure Google would probably win a lawsuit against them to prevent it if they continue it for long.

Unless Hotmail addresses are listed on Spews...
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

And then of course.. They user's gmail address might not be in their contact list and if they have spam filtering on their emails will be sent to junk mail...
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

Maybe Google doesn't have Reverse DNS
    ^_^

Originally posted by Francisco
    Nope, thats deffinatly listed - http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...&q=reverse+dns
    Xcellweb.net - Quality Web Solutions That Work!
    █ Web Hosting | Web Servers | Shoutcast | Domain Names

Providing High Quality Web Solutions Since July 2002!
    5sterling.com & 9dollars.us - No-frills budget web hosting, VPS, shoutcast and domain names!

i wouldn't put it past them.

who uses hotmail anymore?

Originally posted by ub3r
    i wouldn't put it past them.

who uses hotmail anymore?
    I know quite a few people who use Hotmail. Mostly the ones that would like a permanent address besides their ISP's. Also the ones that don't have there own domain/server. I don't see any downsides to their service 2MB (Except for big attachments) is usually enough, they are free and popular. Only possibilities is that they are blocked by many. (For their own reasons) and that there space is 'low'.

I don't see why everyone is anti anything Microsoft. Each their own.
    Don't look for a way out.

almost all gamers use hotmail as a way to use MSN Messenger. and ya, hotmail is easily rememberable, due to its popularity, and can be used in conjunction with outlook

They don't need to use Hotmail to use MSN Messenger. I'm urging one of my friends to quit using Hotmail, he's having none of it.

I have a hotmail account but generally do not look at it. The only reason it stays active is because I have my hotmail address as my MSN messenger login and with a number of friends added I really cant be bothered changing it.

I have weird problems sending emails to hotmail sometimes. I have a few email addresses and some work and some bounce. Never mind! The important addresses for the company work which is all that really matters.
    -- Matthew

Hotmail said they would offer 1GB mail soon, and so they prob are blocking google

Originally posted by Techie Host
    Hotmail said they would offer 1GB mail soon, and so they prob are blocking google
    Where do they say that?

I saw it on cnn.com I ll try to re find

I don't see why everyone is anti anything Microsoft. Each their own.
    Yeah, this is making me sort of mad lately as well.

Hotmail 1GB Email

Ok, my co worker emailed the link to me,

(The reason two pictures is cuz I have Duel Monitor)

http://host-us.net/ylane/CNN_Hotmail.JPG

No wonder you removed the URL. It's fake. http://www.seas.upenn.edu/~wesleyr3/hotmail.htm

I didnt remove it just didnt show in IE6 for me, I got the email, Is it like a huge scam, cuz it sounded weird, but It looked pritty real

One thing that doesn't match is the title and then the date. (From your image.) It's no more a scam then it is an 'April Fools Joke'. Most likely the reason you didn't see the url is because you have not patched Internet Explorer yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails afj.jpg  

How can I say, I feel stupid now, sorry everyone

Originally posted by Francisco

Well. Bill Gates knows how to take down competition

This is very interesting. The new MSN is trying to compete with Google. Google's offering Gmail to increase customer loyalty b/c MS is a long term threat. Like Yahoo, if google has customer loyalty atleast they have something.

Google is the best search engine but if a better search engine came along . . . that's pretty much the end of google. That's all they have is good searches.
    Sid Shroff
    Senior Enterprise Web Administrator
    IIS, .NET, MS SQL
    SidShroff.com

lol! nice joke about microsoft offering 1 terabyte email. if you haven't seen it, it's hilarious.

According to computer science experts, this would allow for 500 million mail messages. This is enough to have approximately 2700 new messages a day, every day, for 500 years.

When asked why any user would need 1 terabyte of storage, Microsoft's Chief Software Architect Bill Gates said "It's 1000 times more than Google. That's why."

"Soon we'll be seeing 10 TB storage, and then 50 Petabyte storage. Within a few years, e-mail storage will exceed the amount of data that has been created in the history of the universe," says CNN senior technologist Sue Kroll.

Gates insists that the move is necessary. "How many times have you tried to send a backup image of your 500 computer network to yourself via e-mail, only to have it bounce back? Now that won't be a problem."
    everyday, mr. gates.
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

damn, i thought it was real. lol, i was wondering why it was a screenshot.
    Benoît Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™