Basically, this script is for a outsourced server management company and should include the following features...
- Ability To Add Customers
- Ability To Add Servers Under Different Management Packages For Customer
- Ability To Offer By The Hour Administration
- Ability To Bill Customers Monthly / Paypal Intergration
- All our packages, include how many hours of support they get. So when a support ticket is submit, the admin should be able to say how many minutes the work took, and then the php script deducts that time from the package.
- Intergration With Nagios (Maybe)
- Ability to store lots of information on server including...
- Login Details (admin & root)
- Control panel login link (That maybe lets us log in automatically)
- Must use mysql to store information, as I will be building a bash script that can pull the shell connection information based on the customer number from and database and automatically connect to the machine.
We will need a few more features obviously, i.e advanced ticket system and so forth. MAYBE email piping if possible.
If you are interested in building this script from scratch, or instead. We are interested in purchasing perlbill.com or clientexec.com's product and allowing you to modify it.
Please state which you want to do when you make a bid.
Originally posted by aexiHOSTING We are looking to pay around $150-$300 for this project, as for rights I dont quite understand what you mean.
We wont be paying $300 just to rent it if thats what you mean, it would be our script that cannot be resold.
This project is at least 40 hours of work, as a complete minimum. At $150 that would be $3.75 per hour. Because your requirements are so vaigue, many changes are in order after it gets delivered, so that would probably put the timescale up above 80 hours work.
And you want to retain all rights, ie. its completely yours and can't be resold.
On a schedule of 10-12 weeks, coding everything from the ground up, I quote roughly $2500 for what you specified above. Any extras would be charged at US$80 per hour. The system would be fully templatable. I could provide a set of templates to use (to give it a look similar to modernbill, clientexec etc.) for an extra $750.
Let me know if you're interested: sales[@t]phision.com
aexiHOSTING, as PHP coder and myself (and the owner of a hosting company), I really wouldn't skimp on your budget for this. Rusko was spot on, a 'really advanced' PHP coder will charge in excess of $100/hour.
Just to note (15 minute edit time expired), my quote was for the parts of what you wanted that I understand. Your description is not worded too well. If you could provide a more accurate description of exactly what you need, I could quote you far more accurately. Email piping is not included in the price, that would be an extra which would have to be negotiated.