Naming A Hosting Buisness

I Need help thinking of a name for my new hosting buisness

Anyone Can suggest

namemyhost.com

Your name, nicname, family name, where you live, a cool word. Or you could just make up a new word completely. A lot of companies do that now so they can have a short memorable name.
    Steve

Sometimes a more generic name will help you to avoid to be categorized (categorized in a negative way). It was cool for a while to be a dot com - now it is better not be associated with a dot com for know reasons. Same can be true for web hosting. Keep the name a little more broad - still related to IT. It can help gaining more credibility with banks as an example.
    Web Hosting Resource Kit - Web Hosting Reviews & Hosting Tutorials

Here are Acouple I Thought of:

- looksmarthosting.com
    - cheappricehosting.com
    - wwwdothostingdotcom.com

Just Think of ones people dont.

Look around, For GOod Words, + Hosting.

Thanks,
    Kevin

I wouldnt sugest using anything remotely near the web host with a horrible reputation: dot5hosting.com
    Last edited by MaxHosting; 04-04-2004 at 05:14 PM.

try to run a contest. Give the person who names your business (one that you choose to use) a month of free service or a discount or something.

That's my suggestion

Here's a few that are available to register.

webhostingcreations.com

exceptionalhost.com

acceleratedhosting.com

dualhosting.com

hostvital.com

ultrahosted.com

hostcentic.com

hostmee.com

hostdo.com

hosterpro.com

accenthost.com

hostchamps.com

fiestahost.com

resellglobal.com

hostcord.com

You could open up an entirely new world of business just by bypassing the over used 'host' name now. As stated above if you choose a name that is not very common in the marketplace, your site pages are boundn to appear instantly on search engines.
    - Tim

If you haven't even come up with a name yet it's probably time to reconsider starting a business.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Originally posted by pixel_fenix
    If you haven't even come up with a name yet it's probably time to reconsider starting a business.
    I disagree with you there. It took me up until the last minute to decide on what the name of the company would be. Each person is different, therefore certain people will have a good name from the get-go while others will pick-up on it during the course of the planning stages (that's what happened with me.) Don't be discouraging to someone who's trying to start a business...what purpose does that serve?

Back on topic:

When choosing a company name, be creative. For some reason, hosting businesses often have 'host' somewhere in the name. I don't think this is a bad approach, but I don't think it's the best approach. There are a number of factors involved in choosing a company name. You want it to reflect a certain level of professionalism, as well as sound good. Make sure that when you do decide on a name that you double-check registries to ensure that no one else is using that name. A good method for selecting a name is choosing something that's interesting to you or part of your name.

For example, my company, Velostream, followed this science:

Velo from Velocity: indicating speed
    Stream with the idea of streaming, or bandwidth.

Tied together, I felt it sounded professional and was a name that fit well within this industry. But that's just my opinion.

Regards,
    Waylon

Originally posted by pixel_fenix
    I DIsagree, Some of the Best Names take Time!

TopRateHosting.com Took 3 Days to come up with.

Thanks,

1. DONT use a .net/.org name if the .com name is already taken and used in a hosting business. You probably will give a lot of customers to the .com company.

2. Don't use an exceptionally long name.- such as www.the5dollarhostwiththemost.com( I apologise if someone owns it ).

If you look at the spectrum of popular successful hosting companies, there are short names, long names, catchy names, and pointless names. So ultimately it doesn't matter too much.

That being said, it would make life much easier for you to start if you have a short easy to remember catchy .com name.

Originally posted by Velostream
    For example, my company, Velostream, followed this science:

Velo from Velocity: indicating speed
    Stream with the idea of streaming, or bandwidth.
    Same thing with my company: Pylon Systems. The English "Pylon" based on the Greek word "pulwn" (pronounced "poo-lone") which can be translated "gateway."

It's actually one of the questions in my FAQ section.

Anway, making unique names, and being able to strike some curiosity into the customer to get they to inquire about it can be a major gain.
    Adam Reyher
    PylonHosting.com - We deliver quality hosting

Shorter names are the easiest to imprint on a persons mind. A long name is easily forgotten. As well a name which says what you do also helps to increase leads and therefore leads.

hostdelta.net is available btw (although a .com is always preferred)
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    http://www.tygerhosting.com
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003

Thank You For Allllllllllllllllllllllllll Of Your Suggestion
    I say that they are allllllllllll the best

and i have to go with Escaped's idea of running a contest

but to be sure can anyone tell me if i am allowed to post a contest here, because i am not sure and do not want to break rules

Sounds Good.

Let me know!

I think you should be able to post a contest in the lounge.