Arrow www.firearmforums.com

Hello,

I'm curious what you all think of my site. I'm trying to keep it pretty simple and straight forward. It would appear to me that a lot of the firearm related forums that have seen great success are very bland but easy to navigate. I'm hoping to make things a little nicer but still keep things simple. I also have added a number of features to my forums, most notable, the addition of online games so that users can take a little break and kill some time gaming.

Input is much appreciated!

Thanks!

Link for the Lazy: http://www.firearmforums.com
    Domain name is nice.
    The first page, the logo is too dark to read.
    On the second page [actual forum] it is nice.
    Colors are a bit dark, but if thats what you like, then its a nice looking forum.

its certainly a good start, the first thing i would do is make the intro page suitable for 1024x768 resolution without scrolling, at first i thought there was no "enter forum" button cos i didnt instantly think about scrolling down.

again asilyash says, try and make the logo a little more contrasting.

once thing i might say it to get rid of the intro page since many people much prefer to get straight to the forums the instant they get in to the site but it all depends on what else you intend on doing with the site.

hope this helps.

-XT
    www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting

Thanks guys! I truly appreciate your feedback and will be making a few changes in the near future!

good domain name

first... move the "advertise button" down where the enter forums button is... you dont want people to think all your trying to do is make $$ on a site... and you want people to be able to enter the site as easily as possible

next... get rid of every forum that has zero posts in it. put a forum up called "suggest a new forum" and let users suggest new ones as needed... dont just create a forum because one user wants one... wait till a few chime in and then create it.

new forums w/ a small amount of wide open forums work better and then expand into more specific forums then ones that start out w/ 1000 forums all w/ zero or two posts in them
    Randomn3ss.com None of the cool kids are doing it.

Agree with Iliash:
    The first page andthe logo is too dark to read.

may be it will be good idea to use space between I and R (in logo )?

Nice design , but the forum is to big!

def. a nice beginning, just take advantage of the reccomendations given and post an update.
    Benoît Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

Wow... it's pretty rare to see a UBB these days - a refreshing change

I think it had potential.
    Gone.