Running an domain reselling business

I have seen many of our forum members post their domains for sale evey day. I am just wondering how profitable can that be. I mean no doubt the price set is slightly higher than the registration price. How many potential buyer will grab your name in the end?

If, say, some of them having 100s of domains, how many will be sold eventually? The .com/.net market is so saturated at this moment of time.

Really hope to know how your views are.

I am not going into such business but I just can't figure out how this "successful business model" works.

Thanks for replying.

Well it pretty much all depends on the buyer and the domain its self. Say any domains like vio-fsl.com will never be sold, but say you get a domain such as www.VideoGames.com that could value up to alot of cash casue its the direct meaning of the industry. I really dont know how to judge what there worth, but it pretty much depends on the buyer, i sold 5 domains with 1 network for 2,000$.
    RackRhino Server Locations: MO, MI, NY, FL, UK
    Shared, Dedicated, Managed & Reseller.

Some names sell well, some don't. I own PopupSales.com, and couldn't even find a buyer who wanted to pay $150 for it, a year ago. However, I have sold some domains before. It's probably not a successful venture, unless you have high-stakes domains, such as popular names, places, or one-word common word domains.

-Josh

It will probably be a gamble more than a venture nowadays since the market is so saturated. All you can pray for is to grab an expired domain or found something that can attract somones attention.

Wonder if you are going for such venture, how much will you invest in and why such an amount (be it big or small)?