Question Know of any hosts whos hosting packages comes with dedicated IP addresses?

Almost every host I come accross don't state if they offer dedicated IP addresses in their hosting packages or not.

Does anyone know of hosts that offers dedicated IP's?

From what I've discovered online, many people say that having a dedicated IP will help in search results.

Hosts don't usually offer dedicated IP's on shared accounts because the customer usually wont have any need for it, and IP's need to be justified.

Most though can offer you one if you ask, you might need to pay mabye $1-3 a month extra.

A dedicated IP wont help you in anyway with search results, not that i know of anyway, what makes you think it would?

A lot of quality hosts do... I'm not sure about the $1/month-everything-for-nothing-providers but I've seen many hosts provide it. Typically you have to get one of the higher up plans (say over $10 or $15 a month), but unique ips definitely aren't uncommon..

Dedicated IPs used to be a plus with the search engines from certain points of view, but that's not true anymore AFAIK. Most websites are on shared ips because the ips are scarce (for the moment at least). As Loon pointed out, you usually must prove that you have a real need for a dedicated ip to get one.

That's just what I read here not long ago that having your own IP address would help in search results.

Hey, is there a risk of multiple sites going down if they share the same IP address which is under attack?

absolutely. Typically sites get their own ip when they are arisk to other sites or they need it for an ssl certificate.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

I can speak for, and recommend, CredibleHost... Dedicated IP Addresses are available (I believe) for $1 per month extra, per IP Address. However, justificatoin (per ICAAN reqirements, unless I am mistaken) is required for each requested Dedicated IP.

Search Engine ranking would not likely be considered acceptable justification however....
    You've got to accentuate the positive; Eliminate the negative
    Latch on to the affirmative; Don't mess with Mister In-Between

-Bob

I have a few site ideas, two of them would offend some even though they would be funny to most. I probably need a dedicated IP address so other sites wont be at risk if my sites are attacked.

Re: Know of any hosts whos hosting packages comes with dedicated IP addresses?

Originally posted by HostQuest

Does anyone know of hosts that offers dedicated IP's?

Hi HostQuest,
    If hosts are on the Alabanza network then accounts will be provided an IP (standard with all accounts) Some hosts that come to mind other than us would be
    apollohosting.com
    successfulhosting.com
    The list goes on :-) It might even be worthwhile to do an advanced search in some of the directories such as webhostdir.com or hostsearch.com and select ded IP as one of your features when searching and see what list you might come up with. Also searching on google would give you some options as well.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Is there a way to check if your dedicated IP address is really your own, and not shared by others?

Is there a way to check if your dedicated IP address is really your own, and not shared by others?
    http://IP

If you see your website, the IP is yours.

Originally posted by HostQuest

http://ip...:)
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003

Thanks everybody for your replys, just have one more question.

Does anybody know of any other hosts that offer dedicated IP addresses for less than $5 a month that have been in business a couple of years?

I remember dathorn would allocate an IP address to your account if you could provide a valid reason for needing one, not just "Can I have IP plz, thx!". And I'm pretty sure that the IP address was provided free of charge.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

And I'm pretty sure that the IP address was provided free of charge.
    From Dathorn's site: IP Addresses $1.50/month each

-Bob

Originally posted by rrdega
    From Dathorn's site: IP Addresses $1.50/month each
    The first one is free. Proper justification is required.
    Dathorn, Inc. - Premium WHM & cPanel Hosting since 2002! Check Out Our Blog!
    Experience the Dathorn Difference! - [email protected]
    LiteSpeed | Clustered DNS | CloudLinux | CageFS | KernelCare
    Pure SSD Storage | R1Soft Daily Backups | Softaculous | SpamTitan

Originally posted by Dathorn_ADT
    The first one is free. Proper justification is required.
    I stand corrected. Thank-you Andrew!

-Bob

Some well-known SEO consultants like Bruce Clay believe that dedicated IP addresses affect search engine ranking, while other consultants and web masters feel other wise. Here is an example thread on this subject:

http://www.cre8asiteforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=7918

I'm sure there is vast information on this subject on other seo-related or design-related forums also.
    JC, www.webii.net
    Premium Hosting Services Since 1996
    Custom Development- www.webxess.net