Exclamation Please review my new design

I am currently getting a design made up by another company called PMOD, and it is still a work in process. The URL is bubhost.pmod.co.uk and this design is replacing the one on www.bubhost.com

It is not yet finished, but could you give any tips or things you think should be changed or added? Thanks!

Review of Site

First of all, I would think your site looks just okay. Not to the stage of good or perfect standard. Why? Please read on.

1) I think your logo is slightly too big. This makes your logo abit blur-ish and low resolution. I can see the pixels from my screen. May be you can take note of that.

2) My personal feel is that it looks abit too template alike. I am not doubting anyone's design ability but just my personal feel.

3) I think the sections are not blended neatly. It brings the feel that each sections is a paste-on. This is especially important in your main page. I am referring specially to those white space after order. Those are redundant spaces.

4) If you take a look at your network. the outline border is stretched and broken. What you left with is a poorly done page on such essential information. This is also found in other pages

5) Your order form looks like a paste-on and does not blend well with the layout itself.

6) Your about us page is not neatly presented. Plain words (esp in black) makes that slightly unprofessional.

7) If your forum can have your company logo and blend neatly with the colour tone of your main page, it will do a good job.

Hope you don't feel offended in any case but I am there to provide my personal web.

Really hope this will assist you in one way or another.

Re: Review of Site

Originally posted by acidbase
    First of all, I would think your site looks just okay. Not to the stage of good or perfect standard. Why? Please read on.

1) I think your logo is slightly too big. This makes your logo abit blur-ish and low resolution. I can see the pixels from my screen. May be you can take note of that.

2) My personal feel is that it looks abit too template alike. I am not doubting anyone's design ability but just my personal feel.

3) I think the sections are not blended neatly. It brings the feel that each sections is a paste-on. This is especially important in your main page. I am referring specially to those white space after order. Those are redundant spaces.

4) If you take a look at your network. the outline border is stretched and broken. What you left with is a poorly done page on such essential information. This is also found in other pages

5) Your order form looks like a paste-on and does not blend well with the layout itself.

6) Your about us page is not neatly presented. Plain words (esp in black) makes that slightly unprofessional.

7) If your forum can have your company logo and blend neatly with the colour tone of your main page, it will do a good job.

Hope you don't feel offended in any case but I am there to provide my personal web.

Really hope this will assist you in one way or another.
    sorry, I may have sounded confusing when I posted. I actually want bubhost.pmod.co.uk to be reviewed, NOT bubhost.com

Please review BUBHOST.PMOD.CO.UK

Thanks!

Apology on my part as well for not reading the right thing.

I would think it looks alot neater with the following pointers.

THe header looks abit too big and not proportional with the rest of the page.

The plans have too few info and make it quite unconvincing when you just look at the main page

Other than that, I would say a much better job.

* My bad: What message does the two "person" supposed to convey? I think graphics are very important and need to pay alot of attention on. Who will patronise you if you don't get the client to click with your business model at the first instant? Right?

Hope this might help. I am "not confused" now.

sorry man but it looks like all the rest of the hosting sites out there, but that is not a bad thing as how many different styles of hosting templates can there be?

there was one thing though, i liked the 70c (how much is that in ) plan for the hobbiest like me that gets no traffic it seems ideal and cheap too

the header has been fixed up and the design is looking better and better. Does anyoen have any other ideas?

What message does the two "person" supposed to convey? I think graphics are very important and need to pay alot of attention on. Who will patronise you if you don't get the client to click with your business model at the first instant? Right?
    What are you talking about, lol?

menu has been improved....anyone else got any suggestions?

I was referring to the two graphics next to What is Bub Host and Why I should choose Bub host.

I think the lady was grabbing all the money which she can. I would say giving an impression to customer that you are squeezing every cent from them. LOL

The plan details are still very minimal. In a sence (besides the 70c plan which someone remembered), I think they don't catch customers' eyes. You can try it by asking someone to view your page for 1 minute and see what they can give you after that.

Well. I think I have mentioned enough from the last post. So I leave the rest to the floor.

Good Luck Bub Host

Hope I am not being too naggy here.

I think the original looks better.
    The only thing i like on the new one is the header.
    Maybe you could take the header and put it on the old one?

Bub sorry to say this, but I think they both look horrible. the old one is a free template poorly edited, the new one is plain and empty...

just my opinion, but you said that your paying 1500$ for it? erm, well its your money. (well not your money, your parents money, but its still money)

Eugene
    IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

Logo:
    The slogan should be justified to the width of the word "HOST". And make the "HOST" slightly squatter, so your slogan can fit well underneath it. You may also want to consider making the overall size of the logo smaller to aligh with your menu width.

Header:
    Since the key word of your slogan is "Period", I think the elipses ("...") are diluting visualization. How about just "Perfect Hosting - Period." with some graphic emphasis on or around the "." -- say bigger with contrasting color to the blue background. You can then use this emphasis as an accent in other parts of your site, for example ...

Plans Teaser:
    Your plan names don't stand out. They're small and easy to miss on a glance. If the "70c Plan" is going to be your primary bait, you must make it immediately noticible and understandable. Use the above emphasis theme to hightlight them. You may also want to use different shades of blue for your plans to individualize them.

Left Side Menus:
    I think you should lose the underlines. Nice looking bullets.

"99.5% Uptime":
    You should use a circle/sphere to continue the "period" theme.

Main Section:
    I'm assuming those 2 photos (lady and guy) are just filler during your design phase. For the "What is Bub Host", I'd suggest the use a photo of a building or a row of server racks. For the "Why ...", I'd suggest a photo of "employees".

Footer:
    The two shade of grey rows do not stretch all the way to the right when the browser is made narrow and the horizontal scroll is slid to the right.
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

well not your money, your parents money, but its still money
    you really need to get your facts right........everything to do with my business I pay for, websterworld think before you talk.

PS. I said this design was worth $1500, I'm not paying for it as I am getting it done for me as part of a business deal with a designer.

Bub how should I know where you get your money from? glad to hear that your not paying for it... as for it being "worth" 1500$. by who's estimate, yours? personally I disagree.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.

Why are there 2 99.5% uptime graphics there ? I think its a fairly okay site, but definitely not worth $1500
    Shawn Ho
    Singapore Web Hosting Talk - http://www.sgwebhostingtalk.com
    Singapore Soccer - http://www.singaporesoccer.com
    EMAIL - [email protected]

Bub how should I know where you get your money from?
    Hey, I never expected you to know where I get my money from, but if you didn't know where I got it from then why the comment about my parents paying for it?

as for it being "worth" 1500$. by who's estimate, yours? personally I disagree.
    That's how much the designer said I would have normally had to pay...

Originally posted by Bub Host
    Hey, I never expected you to know where I get my money from, but if you didn't know where I got it from then why the comment about my parents paying for it?
    Because your 14, I assume you dont just have 1500$ laying around to spend on a webdesign. thats all. and bub answer me this, if you were to pay for the design, where would you get the money from? only a logical line of thought, I dont give a damn how old you are really.

That's how much the designer said I would have normally had to pay...

right... well good luck with that designer. lucky you that you manged to work out a deal with him, saved 1500$ congrat's.

sorry it is too big for my resoultion

if you were to pay for the design, where would you get the money from?
    My hosting business

Originally posted by Bub Host
    My hosting business
    riiiight...

Originally posted by websterworld
    riiiight...
    whats that supposed to mean ? I make a lot more money with my eBay business though that would easily cover the 1.5k design cost

bubhost.pmod.co.uk

asks me for a username and password...

Originally posted by bobosama
    bubhost.pmod.co.uk

asks me for a username and password...
    only temporary

Graphics are not alligned with Netscape