6 8.22%
  • 3.3-3.5

9 12.33%
  • 3.6-3.8

16 21.92%
  • 3.9-4.0+

24 32.88%

High school GPA Poll

What was your GPA in highscool - did it affect where you are today?

I'm still in HS, and I have a 3.7- it goes up and down between 3.2 and 3.7- right now it's at its peak. I opted out of the ap classes to spend more time "having a life" and developing my interests in designing.
    CEO Pixabit, Inc.

I had a 3.8 in high school. I'm college now with a 2.1 or something. There's a lesson in there somewhere, but I'm too lazy to find it.

How is GPA figured? I'm canadian.
    --

High School GPA: 4.76/6.00

Worked hard for the International Baccalaureate diploma in High School- this didn't give me much time to "have a life" unfortunately. This was probably one of the main reasons why I was accepted into all 3 Universities I applied to... I really just wanted to go to an Engineering school around my home state so that didn't leave me many choices but the choices were still good.

I'm at Georgia Tech now. I've had moments where I've had regrest about my decision as well as moments when I was very proud. I'm kind of jealous of the people that I knew back in high school that are at other schools, graduating a year earlier then normal and possibly two years earlier then I with high GPAs. I guess every school is different... and every person has a different way of going through college.

I have a dream of what I want to do in my career after college; but, I also have this pressure to get a college degree just in case my dream doesn't work out. Since I'm working on a Computer Engineering degree - it should be a good extra when applying for jobs.

My suggestion is to do as much as you can to be challenged but don't let that make you forfeit what you want to do. I think the worst thing you can do is to give up one for the other.

Good luck.

Good luck to Georgia Tech tomorrow...wait; tonight! lol

Didn't realize how late it was, guess it's time to hit the hay.

Anyway, I'll be watching Georgia Tech beat Connecticut tonight; althought that's for another thread.

GPA: Grades Point Average..

If you have 90%+ points out of all given assignments in a class, you get an "A". 80%+,70%+,60%+ are B,C,D respectively. <60% is F, failing grade.

Now, you get 4 points if you get an A in class(B=3,C=2,D=1,F=0). and if you have 6 classes, and all A's, you have 24 points. Divide that by number of classes you take, you get 4...which is your grade points average.
    Now there are "weighted" classes..such as Honors, AP, IB. Honors are usually made by high school but still recognized by uni/colleges, for harder work. AP is College Board program, and IB is offered by International Baccalaureate Org. Both of them are nationally and internat'lly recognized as college-work equivalent...offered in high school. So, if you take them in high school, you get same credit as if you take a class in real college. If you take these Honors,AP,IB classes, you get extra point in GPA. For eg, if you have an A in AP class, you have 5, instead of 4. So, that boosts up your grade higher than 4, if you have all A's.
    In addition, when you are accepted into a college, you automatically receive credits for those AP/IB classes (not honors!), given that you pass the AP/IB paid exams (~$82/subject exam) . That's pretty economical. You dont have to take classes that would otherwise cost you like 500, or 1000+, and give you more time to focus on subjects you like. furthermore, college admission officers are usually impressed by # of hard classes. So, you are getting extra GPA, college credits, better college admission, and scholarships...

hum..me.Freshmen year:3.1/3.5
    Soph:3.8/4
    Juni:4.1

heh...but still not good enough
    Last edited by ToaD; 04-05-2004 at 02:39 AM.

i regret not paying attention now.

I graduated high school with a 3.4 and now have a 4.0 in community college (weeee!!).

1. something. I'm a determined man. No GPA or school will stop me.
    Kerry Jones

I graduated back in 2002 with a 4.7GPA. My school is a "mega-magnet" and we were always required to take AP classes and our "academy" classes were considered AP.

The highest GPA in my graduating class was 5.7, and that was an IB (International Baccalaureate ) student.

I'm not sure about the rest of the U.S., but in here in FL if you take AP Classes in High school, you don't have to take them in college (ie. English, History, Chemistry).

Originally posted by ToaD
    GPA: Grades Point Average..

If you have 90%+ points out of all given assignments in a class, you get an "A". 80%+,70%+,60%+ are B,C,D respectively. <60% is F, failing grade.

What's funny is it's not like that at all here (Raleigh, North Carolina).

I've moved around quite a bit (lived over seas and in the midwest) and everywhere I've been it's been like you stated.

However, when I moved to North Carolina (from Virginia..not that far..) the grading scale was based on 7% rather than 10%. So:

100% - 93% = A
    92% - 86% = B
    85% - 78% = C
    77% - 70% = D
    70% - 0% = F

The classes are identical - nothing in my eyes has changed except for the grading scale. It's absolutely ridiculus, but I'm done in 7 weeks. My goal from here on out is to cooperate and graduate.
    * Best Web Hosting - Submit your host to our directory and become one of our top 10 web hosts.

I had low 3.0s...well I had high 2.0s, but in order to get full ride scholarship it had to be a 3.0...so yeah, it became a 3.0 at the end of the year, living in small towns rock

I went into college, I have a 3.28 there, but i took a year off to pursue hosting stuff (move 3,000 miles, yeah yeah...) now I'm going back next semester to finish....hopefully.

Eitherway, unless you take hard courses (I didn't) I don't think anything in high school prepares you for college more than real world stuff.

Anyway, good luck to Georgia Tech...I'm in Georgia..but I bleed UGA colors..however...yeah...I have to put that aside for one night, you must represent your state!

Are you talking about a weighted GPA or not?

Where does it say our gpa?
    I have a 96.4 Average.. so what would that be equivalent to?

My GPA was 3.0 in high school

One thing to remember in making these comparisons is that some schools use a GPA with a maximum of 6.0 and some with a 4.0 -- so two people saying they have, for example, a 3.0, could actually be pretty far apart.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

My schooling was in Australia (Queensland) so we were based on a score out of 990. I got a 900.

Of course it's all changed again now and it's out of 20 or some such...
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

hey im a sophmore in highschool and our grading systems like this 70-70.9 is a c, 80-89.9 is a b and so forth. i cant figure out how to get my gpa and i was wondering if someone could help me out here, i have 5 periods, my 1st i have a 75, and the rest i have high B's. one of my classes is an ap course. if someone could tell me my gpa it would be well appreciated. i tried it myself and i came out with like a 2.6 and then i saw the ap thing where it adds a point and it threw me off and it raised it to like a 3.0 and i was not sure if that was right so someone help cus ive been wondering for a while how to do this. email me at [email protected] or post here

When I was in highschool, I simply didn't try very hard. I was to busy playing sports. I was like a C average. I regret that. I wish I would've worked harder in high school. Ohwell, maybe I'll get real smart and invent a time machine

But remember, education isn't always everything. I know some VERY successful people who never graduated highschool.

jonathan, find how many "points" you get for an A.

If an A for regular class=4, and 5 for AP/Honors, add up all points for you classes, then divide by the total number of classes.

For ex, you have a C (2), and 4 B's (4 times 3). That's 14. Since you have an AP class, add 1. 15. Divide that by total number of classes,5, and you get .... 15/5 = 3.0.

RMF: Right, but education is the best way, as proven in history. But institutionalized education isn't "learning" actually, its efforts.

Mine was like 3.6 before I dropped out. I'm proud to say at the community college I goto I have a 4.0. I've also scored into the very top percentile on my GED for both Math and English..
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Yeah; it seems people are based out of 6.0 and some out of 4.0, myself our school is out of 4.0 and I have a 3.0 right now

oh... crap...
    lol, Canadian GPA is a bit diff than US and I voted incorrectly... For us, our GPA goes up to as much as 4.0 and that was the end of it. I had 3.7 ish when I was in HS and now I have 2.5 ish in Uni >.< So... yah... u guys do the translation between the two country's diff sys and lemme know where I stand.

Im in england, and Im clever so im gonna go for a 7.
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

You're tests must be very easy if you can get 90%+ in most of them!

When I was at school to get an E you needed 40% ish. 70% gets you and A, it was fairly rare for people to get much higher.
    Steve

Here are my GCSE's for English people:

Eng Lit: B
    Eng Lang: B
    Science Double: A/A
    ICT: A
    Graphics: C
    French: D
    MVE: D
    Maths: B
    BTi-Hosting.co.uk High quality hosting, low low prices.
    One step ahead of the competition - Today IS tomorrow.
    FraudWise.Net - Fight the fraud!

GCSE's I got 4 A's, 3 B's and 2 C's.

A Levels I got ACC.
    Steve

When I was in highschool, I avaraged 7.5/10 scale, that's a C in the States. I also was in the "top" 40% of my school, hehe...

My high school was a tough one, that's all. Without what I've learned in high school, I couldn't do well in American College at all.

I had a 3.84GPA in college in the U.S.
    ML

i was kicked out in nov 2003 for Hacking the network. three weeks later i got my ged.

Originally posted by coski
    i was kicked out in nov 2003 for Hacking the network. three weeks later i got my ged.
    &nbsp;

LOL! I'm surprised you didn't get arrested.
    TradeViceroy

i had a 3.3 freshman year.
    3.0 sophmore year

this was at a private school in washington, d.c. (unweighted)

moved to nepal:
    3.96-4.0 junior year.
    3.7 or thereabout this year.

(unweighted)

has it done anything for me? maybe helped get me into some colleges? Too young to tell (or care?).
    Kevin Ohashi - Founder of ReviewSignal.com - Honest Web Hosting Reviews
    Check out our WordPress Hosting Performance Benchmarks (Updated: Sep 2016), the most comprehensive look at WP performance

I was showing them where the Security holes were

When I graduated, I had a 3.7 GPA. In college, I had a 3.8. For my ACTs (required in order to graduate from my school), I got a 32 (I hate timed tests like that).

The top 10 of my class all got 4.0 and above -- that's out of 71 students (private school). I ranked in the top 30 (we had very bright students in my class).

I did pretty well considering how busy I was - and kept up with my studies (sports, drama, music groups/bands - ran the schools network (all aspects), and had my own business).