Signing Affiliates

We are interested in signing new affiliates. Anyone have any good suggestions on gaining new affiliates?

Offer a lot of money to them for each sign up that they get and spam your affiliate program all over forums like WHT (that's a joke).
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Don't want to do any spamming of course (COME ON IN) haha.. but other than spamming, where do you guys go looking for new prospects?
    And how much is a good general offer? We are offering $20 per referral & $5 for each referral under you. Is that too low/too high? We have 17 affiliates now but are looking to really expand just like everyone else..

You could try some web hosting directories.

Some may actually like affiliate programs!

Dmoz would be a good start to find the web hosting directories.

http://dmoz.org/Computers/Internet/W...g/Directories/
    http://www.ChicagoJobResource.com
    Chicago Job Resource
    YOUR career connection for Chicago jobs, careers and employment

Currently IPowerweb and ****** offer around $60 per signup.. similarly lunarpages offer around $52 plus some for second level referrals too...
    Still. more important is that you must have a good service reputation and also good plans for customers. this is the reason why I feel even with relatively lower commission, lunarpages is a better affiliate programme....
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

I think you should set up not only one time fee for you affiliates, but also regulaly payments (% from monthly referral sales).

try search "web hosting directory" from google and approach each web master of those directory to join your affiliate program.

It is not easy to get quality affiliates. $$$ is not the only condition affiliates looking for.. They are concerned about your ability to convert clicks to sales, prompt payment, quality of product and etc...

Good luck.
    Top10WebHosting Admin
    Top10WebHosting.com

Moved to advertising.

top10web "$$$ is not the only condition affiliates looking for.. They are concerned about your ability to convert clicks to sales, prompt payment, quality of product and etc..."

I understand that totally... we have spoken to a couple of "ranking" websites and spoken with a couple of their higher ranked hosts about the "ranking site.. seems the more you paid per referral the higher the rank.. how convinient.. in the two sites we checked, this was the case so I am not sure about others..

We have changed our offer to $35 per referral... we don't want to give away the farm.. and that is why we are not offering the $3 per month either.. we are not shooting for massive quantity, but quality of service..

So @ $35 I think we are doing ok with the commission rate, yes? NOT interested in recurring.. to much hassle to much to track..did that in the ISP business and a pain in the butt..