Thread: Unwanted mails

Unwanted mails

I'm already having this for the past few months, but I'm getting sick of it.

1) I get mails from persons I don't even know with constantly an attachement with info "open this now" ; "your homework" ; "check it out!" and alot of other b/s.

2) It seems to even send with my own mail system. How is this possible?

Is there a way to stop this fraud? Or is there just nothing to do about?

It's pretty annoying, I have enabled spamassassin but that just won't help a bit. I block the senders but it are always new ones. Isn't there anyone who knows a solution for this buggy problem?

If there was a solution to SPAM, you wouldn't be getting those messages . The closest you'll come on the client end is running something like SpamInspector:

And over time teaching it filters so it can determine what is spam and what is not.

Running some kind of combination of MailScanner/SpamAssassin and an anti-virus application should do a good job filtering out all those e-mails with attachments.

Beyond this, (at least to my knowledge) there's not much that can be done. SPAM is like the bubonic plauge, we all have it and we're DYING to get rid of it .