Thread: Review Please

Review Please

Could everyone please tell me what they think of http://www.moviemeanings.com

Thanks for your input.

It looks good especially the header picture. However, if you are looking for perfection, i would say try to work more on the main forum layout. I think it is a waste to have such a good header without a good blend with the main layout.

Hope it helps. Send your review again if you need to and I will give you my most frank opinion on your design.

i don't really like the colors. try to make it a little more attractive. but its on the right track.

I think you should add an intro about your site. At the moment, I don't know what purpose it serves. How does your site name "Movie Meanings" relate? Is this just a general movie discussion forum or are you planning to reveal hidden details and trivia about scenes, plots, etc of movies?
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

And why does the header graphic only contain male actors? I'm not counting the rabbit figurine, the canvas sack, and the anime girl. The anime girl is the only "female" in the roster and she's all bloodied. Is there "meaning" in this too?
    Serial Beggar
    Hate Your Family? Have No Friends? Make Me Your Beneficiary!

Header is beautiful.
    Site colors would look better in a lighter color.
    Also, you have your threads organized by alphabet..
    How will you ensure users post about the movies in the right sections?
    Is there a script for this? or are you just hoping they will post in the right place?

Thanks for your criticism. I completely forgot about an intro, good idea. I'll try to go with lighter colors as well.

The way I'm ensuring they post in the right section is that they don't have the ability to create posts, they can only reply to ones I have created. I don't know if that's a good idea on my part or not. I guess I'll find out.

As for the only male actors comment, I'll just forget you said that.

Try adding more colors into it. Theres too much blue. You need something to make it lively.

Very nice site
    Only one think : make colors lighter
    thx

I do agree with the reviews on the header, excellent.
    acidbase hit it right on the head, the body needs work.
    Benoît Brookens III
    President - Dataracks, Inc.
    Dataracks.net | Ultra-Reliable Hosting.™

What a great Idea for a site.. I'm sending your link to a few movie buffs... anyway, id say that the header is great, except if you could, perhaps make it a bit thinner.. id say that on an 800 by 600 screen, the title takes up half the page.. it would make the website a bit easier to use especially since there is less scrolling...

anyway, best of luck