Who should I contact for fraud?

Hi there,

May I know who should I contact for fraud? FBI? Any particular email or so?

We have received a lot of PayPal fraud recently and got real tired of it. Please suggest.

Thank you.

Try local authorities first.

<<< Signatures need to be set up in your profile. >>>
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 04-18-2004 at 10:44 AM.

Also I would introduce fraud screening as its cut our fraud down to 0 over the last 6 months

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Well, the person that frauded has even talked to me on MSN.

And seem to be very worried of his account.

I can tell you that online internet fraud will most likely not be of any interest to your local law enforcement, as I was in the field for 5 years. The most likely contact is the Secret Service regarding credit card fraud to a certain extreme.

On the other hand, if you're certain the card and or cards / fraud has occurred from an outside country other than the US, chances are noone will step up to the plate unfortunately, at least not in the US as overseas issues are near impossible to enforce.
    - Tim

The card is in US and the person who fraud is from Singapore. He claimed that his friend signed up on behalf of him.

Your best bet is to contact your local police or sheriff's department. They will be able to point you in the right direction and start the paperwork if it is required to be taken to a federal level.

Regards,
    Waylon

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    The card is in US and the person who fraud is from Singapore. He claimed that his friend signed up on behalf of him.
    May have to contact the FBI. But as the person who committed the actual fraudulent act is a non-USA resident and from Asia, it is very doubtful much can be done. Unless a law enforcement agency has a reciprocrocity agreement with the nation in question, you are probably SOL as far as persuing any legal action (either criminal or civil) against the purpertrator.
    Glen Millar
    Tyger Hosting Services
    http://www.tygerhosting.com
    Affordable Direct Admin Linux Hosting Since 2003