Intergrating OS-Commerce with WHM hosting control panel

Dear all,

not sure whether this belongs here or in the control panel forum (perhaps a mod could move it please if deemed necessary).

I am developing a store in oscommerce (well why not!) and part of it will be a hosting selling site. I would like to be able to create the accounts in my WHM server control panel after users buy an account in the oscommerce site.

there are various bits of software available for this in stand alone sites, but I was wondering if anyone has done this integrated with oscommerce, and if so if you could recommend anything to go for or steer clear of.

Many thanks,

Evan
    Last edited by jireh; 04-04-2004 at 04:22 PM.

Hi Evan,

Not sure if this answers your question... but you can definitely integrate osCommerce as an option into Cpanel/WHM. But I'm not really clear if that is what you are asking?
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Hi,

thanks for the reply but no I dont think that is it. I think what you are referring to the script installation offered in cpanel.

for hosting companies there are various bits of software on offer (commercial and free) which create and interface between your website which lists the hosting plans you have on offer and the webserver control panel which controls the actual hosting accounts on the server. when a customer visits your site and then purchase a hosting account the software which acts as the interface (the bit I am after integrating with oscommerce) setsup the new hosting account on the server for the customer.

Currently my oscommerce site will allow someone to buy a hosting plan as any other product on the site, but it doesnt allow them to actually setup an account and use it until after I have gone along and created it manually for them.

Hope that is a bit clearer.

Cheers,

jireh

nope whoiscart ans many others offer this but never heard of it using osCommerce,but you could be the 1st. You can setup a remote access key in WHM(which I am sure you know about already but mustmetion it anyway)
    more info in WHM and here
    http://web.cpanel.net/manual/remoteaccess.html

Auto Acct Creation is great and a big time saver,but I would eyeball all payments before granting access.I have 2-3 fraud orders per week, and if I did not check them out it would give server access to the wrong kind of customers.

How do you "check them out"?

Any guidlines/suggestions would be very useful to us all.

Thanks