Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Is Enom support going down the pits?

For the past 3 weeks I have been unable to resolve some practical issues with Enom.

1. They have been unable to remove from my list of domains 2 that have been sold and moved out of Enom.
    2. Their "global edit" feature does not affect .ORG and .US domains - the updates are shown only on Enom's WHOIS and not at the respective Registries.

I'm disappointed by this and will be considering other options in the future.

i'm also facing an issue now i renewed a .org domain and it almost been an hour and is not renewed!

the whois info is invalid and ofcourse since its expired it can't be modified!
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Yeah but still, in my case I have opened tickets via my (very reliable) ETP and Enom has not done a thing in 3 weeks.

Who was that fella here who said he's an Enom programmer looking for suggestions for new features?

you're opening tickets from your ETP account or sub-account?

he is Divaqs http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=251955
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

I had similiar issues with the whois of us and .org names. The enom response is "you are entering invalid info". When I check their database it is showing the "invalid" info perfectly when I check pir.org is shows the info I used when I first registered the name. They need to get their S$@! together and fast.

And yes timechange their support is going downhill. I get much faster support from their reseller.
    Domain Maven

well-said dmaven, that's exactly what I thought: incompatible databases.

Originally posted by Bashar
    you're opening tickets from your ETP account or sub-account?

he is Divaqs http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=251955
    I have a reseller account; my upstream reseller (ETP) opens the tickets with Enom.

It's been two weeks and I'm still waiting for a reply from support.

fewcoin

So the slow support response is the norm not the exception based on what I am seeing and experiencing.
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by timechange.com
    well-said dmaven, that's exactly what I thought: incompatible databases.
    Actually this is a long standing enom bug.
    Domain Maven

my .org just got renewed and guess what twice

i tried to renew via the API then via enom site so i got charged double :|

I just updated an .ORG with Dotster; updated with PIR in 5 minutes!

I will try individual ORG updates with Enom and God help them if they don't go through!

Enom is caring less since a few months I can confirm that. I bought a few domains and due the fact that I live in another place than my company is registered I got a few registered domains canceled (fraud department) and contacted them why. They explained that its a standard thing and that they will add a note to my account to make sure everything is ok.

2 weeks later the same happend to a well known domain name (a customer was the owner) and the domain was lost cause enom dropped it for the same reason.

Now I am the one who has to pay my customers losses as buydomains.com grabbed the domain before i could re- register it ...

Thanks enom

Yes they sound like a real good Domain company. Being sarcastic when I say that; When I start my own reseller I will probably just tell the customer that the domain comes with the package and then just buy the domain somewhere and be done with it.

They used to be good, but I think they have gotten so fat they can care less about their clients.
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by dmaven
    They used to be good, but I think they have gotten so fat they can care less about their clients.
    Well... Tucows is much bigger and I've heard their customer support is great...

Sometimes you don't know either to trust small companies or the big ones...
    DirectorioVPS List of VPS plans around the world
    ComunidadHosting The Largest Web Hosting Forum In Spanish!

eNom is working on it...

Hi All,

As an FYI, recently the .ORG registry made some very stringent NEW requirements on phone number formats (i.e. all numbers with no spaces, specific lengths of numbers depending on country, etc.). We have been working on updating our systems to handle this change, but haven't gotten everything adjusted yet.

I would be very surprised if eNom is the only registrar having issues with these changes.

Why no ticket updates? This is what I'd like to know.

Also, NameCheap is an Enom reseller; their updates work fine. Same with Dotster. Same with Stargate.

And updates fail for .US domains as well.

Originally posted by Eboy
    Well... Tucows is much bigger and I've heard their customer support is great...

Sometimes you don't know either to trust small companies or the big ones...
    Thats because Tucows charges more and is therefore able to spend more on support.
    Surprised?
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

Originally posted by GordonH
    Thats because Tucows charges more and is therefore able to spend more on support.
    Surprised?
    No, not surprised. I already knew it, of course.

My comment went towards that the fact a company is growing, shouldn't justify a lower level of service.

If I follow your statement, NetSol would have the greatest support ever seen.

Regards,

Eboy

You cannot compare Netsol with these two.

At $6.95 they have no money left to provide support.
    At $10 tucows have a couple of dollars left for providing support.
    There will therefore be a world of difference between the two.

I am an Enom ETP and a Tucows reseller.
    Enom offers us lower prices but guess which one we use?
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

All I know is that my ETP reseller's tickets remain unanswered for close to a month now.

Originally posted by GordonH
    You cannot compare Netsol with these two.
    It was you comparing pricing vs. support, not me. I was comparing size vs. level of support, as per dmaven comment.

I cannot comment on opensrs support but their reputation is excellent. I think enom's aggressive strategy and pricing is stretching them too far. Rather than find out what "new" features people like to see or develop new products(web hosting etc.), improve service and make sure their systems actually work should be at the top of their radar screens.
    Domain Maven

I do believe that eNom has lost their way.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

Originally posted by Research Names
    I do believe that eNom has lost their way.
    Hopefully they will find their way soon
    Domain Maven

Waiting 2 weeks for an email from sales, waiting 7 days for support (support ticket)

I guess I need to go back to the old method by contacting them personally. I have built a list of 4 of 5 people inside enom now that respond within 24 hours to their personal address.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

I am an eNom ETP, and we have an "assigned" account rep that we can call for help if needed.

We have never had to wait longer then 24 hours for support.

If you are waiting longer, then it sounds like either your ETP doesn't know the proper way to get their support, or they are not truly and ETP and therefore are forced to submit tickets just like you are.

In other words, your support ticket is no different then theirs...

Both your statements are simply not the case, mrzippy (in my case).

Both your statements are simply not the case, mrzippy (in my case).
    OK, I am lying then.

I assume you are an ETP? If so, then you should contact eNom and ask them what is your account rep's contact info. This is your primary method of communication with the company, including support if you need it urgently. (they will tell you to use the "normal" support channels if the request is not urgent.)

I am an ETP also. I have never waited longer than 24 hours for a voice or email response. When you launch a request through the Support Center I am almost positive that it will flag whether you are an ETP or not; hence, the faster service for some.

All I am saying is that a) my ETP is indeed an ETP and b) he's been one for 3 years.

Enom selectively addresses the problem. For the .ORG issues I was informed by NameCheap that it's a database incompatibility that Enom still tries to iron out.

Bottom line: Enom's support is not what it used to be and .ORG update issue still stands.

Bottom line: Enom's support is not what it used to be and .ORG update issue still stands.
    WRT the .org issue I am not familiar with this so I can't comment.

WRT to the support issue, I believe eNom support is the same it has always been. (For us, anyway.. of course I can't speak on anyone elses behalf.)

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but when I see general blanket statements saying that the support department of a company has gone bad.. based on only one or two customer's opinion... then I feel it's appropriate to add my 2 cents.

eNom support is very good for us.. but then again, we are paying for it.

Did you read the thread or just the title? I describe what the .ORG/.US problem is.

It's not a blanket statement when issues like this remain open for a full month.

As an enom ETP(and also a user of one of their resellers) I can say for issues that are complex such as .org, .us contact info, or .ca registrations they resolve very slow(I get faster responses from their reseller). This is very consistent for the past year. Most of the responses I get are it is "due to invalid info" (when not) or the .ca registry is "picky" nothing accurate nor helpful. For trivial issues they are ok. Chances are if an ETP is going to contact them it will be for more serious issues NOT trivial. So I do agree with TC the support is lacking
    Domain Maven

I am also an ETP and as MrZippy wrote, my tickets are usually answered in 24 hours, but I admit that there are cases when they are slow, but from my experience these are just minor problems, I can definitely live with them.
    Founder of TradeHolding.com B2B Network and OneLoveNet.com Singles & Dating
    >> Business Blog
    >> Business Links Directory

same here tickets usually answered within 24-48hrs and the ones sent to diff. dept. especially development team takes a week or so but always get an answer

mrzippy you open ticket and email enom rep who you signed with to followup your ticket or just email the rep and he solve the problem?

Originally posted by Bashar
    mrzippy you open ticket and email enom rep who you signed with to followup your ticket or just email the rep and he solve the problem?
    I email the rep and she then either solves the problem or tells me to submit a support ticket and tell her the case #. Then she follows up with someone to make sure it is resolved quickly.

good idea, ill use that style for faster answers

Stupid enom, still have not received a response. I will be filling a ticket each day until I get it resolved.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast