Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any (cheap) Malaysia dedicated server provider

I want to find malaysia dedicated server. Could anyone recommend me some company?

Thanks

talk to ultraunixnet he should know of some
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

U can also try Emerge also in Malaysia I think they have two IDC one using NTT and the other TMNet

Hm, what is your budget?

Thanks. I am checking.
    I am looking for server below $120/month

For very cheap server, check out myonehost.com. Its only $80/mo for a P4 2.0GHz server but please take note that you get what you paid for

Re: Any (cheap) Malaysia dedicated server provider

Originally posted by pang
    I want to find malaysia dedicated server. Could anyone recommend me some company?

Thanks
    Check out mesrahosting.net, the price is unbelievable, around rm350 per month

how much 4 your budget??
    u may try host4reseller.com

how much 4 your budget??
    Just out of curiousity, do they provide dedicated servers?
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, M1 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

Originally posted by EasyOne
    how much 4 your budget??
    I need server physically located in Malaysia. Host4Reseller.com's servers are in ThePlanet

Emerge is in Malaysia confirmed. WV and FreeNet also in Malaysia. AM getting one from Emerge soon, will give u feedback

I need server physically located in Malaysia. Host4Reseller.com's servers are in ThePlanet
    Those URLs I have given have their servers in Malaysia.

Thanks.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, M1 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

Re: Re: Any (cheap) Malaysia dedicated server provider

Originally posted by hussamz
    Check out mesrahosting.net, the price is unbelievable, around rm350 per month
    rm350, how much this in Dollars

devide by 3.8 and get USD

Re: Re: Re: Any (cheap) Malaysia dedicated server provider

Originally posted by eglim
    rm350, how much this in Dollars
    At mesrahosting.net p4, 256Mb, 80gb, unlimited bandwidth (i dont know they still can offer for 1000gb). in usd is about $92.00. i heard they have own server room at NTT, world class and the best data centre in malaysia, wow great.

I highly doubt they are rated as the best DC in Malaysia.

I think most of their bandwidth route through Singapore / Japan, no direct peering to US.

I highly doubt they are rated as the best DC in Malaysia.

I think most of their bandwidth route through Singapore / Japan, no direct peering to US.
    I second this. Even the local routing for NTT is not as good as TMNet's. Plus, I thought Netmyne and MyLOCA are the best IDC in Malaysia?

p/s: There is no such thing as unlimited bandwidth, just in case you got insulted by the others.

I too would be intrested in finding a dedicated server in Singapore / Malaysia / Vietnam / Korea / Japan that allows shell and IRCd services.
    Last edited by Pirate Radio; 04-18-2004 at 09:02 AM.

Hello,

I am not good in IRC stuff, what is the minimum IPs required to run IRC services?

Thanks

Most of the Asia DC use unlimited term instead of unmetered. But actually they meant unmetered. Anyhow, connection would be capped (2mbit) should you use excessive bandwidth.

It would not be a wise choice to host shellserver in Asia due to the fact that IP is very much sacred and limited, therefore it would be very expensive to obtain IP. IRCD probably...

Yes, NTT has pretty bad local peering (Malaysia) as they have only 2mbit to largest provider in Malaysia, TMNet. NTT tends to act as largest ISP and refused to pay for the 2mbit leased line that they have purchased from TMNet (thats what I heard). Please take note that TMNet has monopolised almost 80% of local internet traffic, how could NTT survive with 2mbit peered?

Netmyne is the best DC in Malaysia and followed by Myloca. Just moved my server from Myloca to Netmyne and couldn't be happier Speed has been awesome!

Originally posted by WCHost
    Hello,

I am not good in IRC stuff, what is the minimum IPs required to run IRC services?

Thanks

We would be looking for /26 to /24 per server. Arin Justification is each IRCd requires it's own IP address.

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    Most of the Asia DC use unlimited term instead of unmetered. But actually they meant unmetered. Anyhow, connection would be capped (2mbit) should you use excessive bandwidth.

It would not be a wise choice to host shellserver in Asia due to the fact that IP is very much sacred and limited, therefore it would be very expensive to obtain IP. IRCD probably...

Yes, NTT has pretty bad local peering (Malaysia) as they have only 2mbit to largest provider in Malaysia, TMNet. NTT tends to act as largest ISP and refused to pay for the 2mbit leased line that they have purchased from TMNet (thats what I heard). Please take note that TMNet has monopolised almost 80% of local internet traffic, how could NTT survive with 2mbit peered?

Netmyne is the best DC in Malaysia and followed by Myloca. Just moved my server from Myloca to Netmyne and couldn't be happier Speed has been awesome!
    And what i heard from somebody i can trust and for sure from high management side, netmyne or myloca still depend on NTT to get peering to Japan, that for ur information .. hehe, actually 8MB peering to TMnet, so NTT give an option to TMnet, if they (TMnet) need large peering to Japan, so TMnet must give bigger peering instead of 8MB to NTT, so TMnet decide by 1 of mei they will give more and more bigger peering instead of monopoly. I think u should get this kind of story.

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET

Malaysia international links are still small. Even the local ISPs not in good terms with each other. Imagine TimeDotcom users have to route through Singtel | Starhub or Hutchison (hK) to view sites in Malaysia hosted my Telekom.. funny.... peering lol

Time users could only connect to Jaring directly at this moment.. and NTT.

2 Meg capped? no wonder they could give unlimited bandwidth.. My connection is 2.3M/2.3Mb ... maybe i should host my own server LOL

Well, TMNet tends to monopolise the market, therefore not allowing TIME / NTT to peer with them.

As for the TMNet to JP, most of the traffic were through ABONE and KDDI, I have yet to see TMNet utilizing Verio (NTT) bandwidth.

anyone got any experiences with rackmine.com ?
    And does Netmyne offer anything in this pricerange?

Thanks for your help....
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

Originally posted by BiGWill
    anyone got any experiences with rackmine.com ?
    And does Netmyne offer anything in this pricerange?

Thanks for your help....
    you gotta be kidding.. no land line... only cell.. no addy.. how to contact if anything goes wrong...

i requested quotation from netmyne yesterday.. still no anwer

Netmyne does not deal with end user directly, you would have to look for resellers to go into them.

BTW, directly going with them would be way more expensive

i guessed so, thanks for the info Ultraunix

RackMine.com is a business unit of a privately owned Acme Commerce Sdn Bhd. Acme was established since 1989. We specializes in Internet Infrastructure Hosting of co-location, dedicated server and virtual servers since 1998.
    Neutro:
    Acme Commerce Sdn Bhd is Webserver.com.my.

Thanks.

oh thanks for the info KKhost. Nowadays web hosts have more than web sites

I have heard they have pretty bad support, few clients (shared hosting) moved to us from Acme. But I'm not sure if they have better support for dedicated / colo range services.

I am bit worried about getting a dedicated server here...heard some stories where support are not so responsive.. and all.. I guess i have to wait until i am very very sure.. even
    though internal access is quite fast. I am holding my horses at the moment

Maybe it is worth checking out info about dedicated prices in Sg or HK?

I used to have servers in HK but support was not that good and I'm not sure about SG, but please keep in mind most of the SG DCs are pretty slow unless you go with Singtel / Starhub directly instead of the DCs that buy bandwidth.

oh god..
    maybe i should get another box from Liquidweb or Gnax if that is the case... thanks guys...

I am bit worried about getting a dedicated server here...heard some stories where support are not so responsive.. and all.. I guess i have to wait until i am very very sure.. even
    though internal access is quite fast. I am holding my horses at the moment

Maybe it is worth checking out info about dedicated prices in Sg or HK?
    Hi neutro,
    I am wondering what kind of technical support do you expect to get from the datacenters? If you are buying an unmanaged dedicated server, you will only contact the provider to do a hardware replacement, in case hardware failure. You will also need them to reboot the server physically, in case the server is not responding. However, this can be replaced by a remote reboot port.

Thanks.

hi kkhost,

i am worried in the event of hardware failure i could not reach them to replace my hardware..
    Some provider does not provide APC remote reboot but you have to call them in order to restart your box.. i guess i worry to much

Yep, you would have to call in for reboot.

Those DCs are 24/7 manned, you can just ring them up and make an appointment before you go over to DC to replace the hardware anytime you wish.

Just a warning: unless your audience is *specifically* in Malaysia, take care of hosting with a company who's NOC is located in Malaysia. It may be fast locally, but speed might suck Internationally. I'm just over in Taiwan and I have tons of trouble with .my sites, even on 1.2Mbps DSL. Also, I've heard constant complaints about customer service with regard to installs, upgrades, recoveries, etc. Same goes for Singapore on this one. Taiwan, too. There is more of a "take care of it yourself" mentality.

One special note: Malaysia is on the top 10 list for CC and Internet frauds and often local servers are targeted by crackers as platforms from which to launch eBay frauds, CC frauds, etc.... Because I co-operate a website for Malaysians (photomalaysia.com/) it is assumed that the server is located there and is often the target of such attempts.

edited - double posting -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast