Urgent Help Required - Please

Hello,

I need urgent help, I'm swimming in a complete mess at the moment with this RAQ.

I have purchased two domains. As I can't use my own DNS server - I have signed up with ZoneEdit.

ZoneEdit provided me with two name servers and I have pointed the Name Servers to my ADSL IP address.

On my Router I have assigned the proper port forwarding and I have created the virtual sites.

On the virtual sites, I have specified the internal LAN address for the sites.

Does anyone have any ideas, what I'm doing wrong - it's driving me up the wall. The RAQ is not replying to requests from the Internet.

Thanks,
    Stefan.

what are the domain names ?

when you say " Name Servers to my ADSL IP address" do you *actually* mean that on the nameservers you have created A records for each ofthe hosts/services like www.xyz.com which point @ your fixed ADSL IP ?
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    Buying Web Hosts and Domain Registrars Today @ hostacquisitions.co.uk
    UK Web Hosting | UK VPS | UK Dedicated Servers | ADSL/FTTC | Backup/DR | Cloud
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

Reply to previous post

Yes, I have created A records for the domain - which point to my ADSL IP address.

The domain name is called www.intraweb.org.uk (a domain name, I've purchased to play with on the RAQ).

I'm receiving a 404 error via the browser, however you can ping the domain above and it pings my ADSL IP Address.

I have a Netgear DG814 router as the DSL gateway, which I have switched Port forwarding on for. All of my computers on the gateway are operating on a static IP address.

Stefan.

DNS Report

Looks like your DNS records are still not setup properly. You need to have A records and NS records for both of your nameservers.

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?
    domain=intraweb.org.uk+

We save you time, money, and frustration by handling the server management tasks required to run an online business successfully.
    No prodding required. We just do it right the first time. Red Hat, MySQL, Plesk, and cPanel certified staff.

that url gives me the raq holding page - looks like it works fine

although the siteadmin link gives me an error
    http://www.intraweb.org.uk:81/.cobal....uk/index.html

you *did* do a full o/s restore and patch it up when you got it ?
    Rob Golding Astutium Ltd - UK based ICANN Accredited Domain Registrar - proud to accept BitCoins
    UK Colocation | Reseller Accounts | IPv6 Transit | Secondary MX | DNS | WHMCS Modules

I get the nice cobalt welcome page. Works for me!

"Welcome to the Web Site of www.intraweb.org.uk "
    Paradox Web Hosting - codyw@paradox-group.com
    - Shared and Dedicated Hosting Solutions: www.paradoxwebhosting.com
    - Auto Sales Manager 2004 now available!: www.autosalesmanager.com

Confused

If everyone else is able to see the domain holding page, why can't I see it?

I'm confused.

are you looking from *inside* your lan or outside - maybe you shoudl use the local nat'd IP ?

I'm calling the websites from the LAN. It should work through, on the LAN as well - shouldn't it?

It probably won't work from inside the LAN, depending on the router setup.

I've a similar issue when testing servers at home, so I configure my hosts file ( in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc on xp ) to include the local ip and the domain.
    Rob Johnston | LucidUK.com | Rob@LucidUK.com
    Who is Rob? boobear.co.uk
    MSN: msn@luciduk.com | AIM: rob at lucid

Try using a proxy server located outside of your lan.
    Paradox Web Hosting - codyw@paradox-group.com
    - Shared and Dedicated Hosting Solutions: www.paradoxwebhosting.com
    - Auto Sales Manager 2004 now available!: www.autosalesmanager.com

Wink Wow, it works!

Thanks for all of your help... I've just added a public proxy server to my IE settings and bang - the websites are loading....

So I must have set it up correctly, yet my router has been blocking the LAN from seeing the sites.

I'll have to read the Netgear manual and find out, if there's a cure for this particular problem....

Thanks,
    Stefan.