hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Advertising Forums : Community Reviews : Web Site Reviews : New Website to Review!

Forum Jump

New Website to Review!

Reply Post New Thread In Web Site Reviews Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-16-2000, 07:51 PM

Hey, I'm creating a website for the guys over at UnixWebHosting.Com and wondered if you think this site is a good site for them. Also, and suggestions or cruel helpful thoughts would be good. If you hate the site tell me. Please.

http://www.crosswinds.net/~nikm2750/index.htm
(you may have to do a refresh or right click show picture...sometimes it says members sites down. just hit refresh.)

Its just a template, but it will give you a good idea of what the site will look like in the future. Also, sorry it loads so slow I just do the site designing and needed a free host with no banners, until this host gets up and running.

If you like it email the owner of UnixWebHosting.Com and tell him what a great job I did so next time he needs a web site designer he comes to me. (kmarkwel1@midsouth.rr.com).

Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2000, 11:53 PM
Web Hosting Master

Howdy,

It looks very, very good. But you might need to stretch the background pic, as it repeats on my 1024X768 down the bottom and quite frankly I don't think it's a good luck.

The rounded table also juts into the repeated background.

Old 10-17-2000, 03:00 AM
Web Hosting Master

Its tooo Bluuuuuuuue!

http://www.pingzine.com - Ping!Zine. the FREE, FRESH and EXCITING Web Hosting Magazine...

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2000, 01:50 PM

Thanks BC

thanks for the tips. And to the too blue guy. Thanks for that too. All comments are helpful. But every site has to have its colors.

Old 10-17-2000, 02:07 PM

Pretty good looking. I'm not a fan of cursive fonts on the web --- maybe that is just my preference. Do you really need a site map? If the site is easily navigable (and your nav menu is pretty clear), then why do you neep a map?

Old 10-17-2000, 04:39 PM

site map

just need a site map to be able to put all the links to all my pages on one page. This will allow a customer to find a certain page much faster then a couple of clicks and more load time.

Old 10-17-2000, 04:52 PM
Temporarily Suspended

Smile I like it...

It looks professional and unique.

I think it would look better without the bottom logo, since there is one on top.

Old 10-17-2000, 06:27 PM
Web Hosting Master

I agree that the logo on the bottom isn't needed, but that's personal choice. I'd also agree that it a bit too blue. Again personal choice, but generally layouts look good with one color theme (you've taken care of that quite nicely), and then a contrasting color. Try one small line of orange or yellow somewhere and see how it looks. Nothing big, it could even just be a thin line. I think you'll like the results.

Chicken

Old 10-17-2000, 09:01 PM

thanks for all the reviews

well thanks for all the reviews. Please, keep them coming. I will be updating the site right now to fix some small flaws and make the site a little nicer. Thanks

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Welcome to the New WHIR Web Hosting News 2013-11-18 11:01:40
Wix.com Files Registration with SEC for US IPO Web Hosting News 2013-06-04 15:25:56
VIDEO: Yola CEO Talks About Website Builder and Web Hosting Partners Whir Tv 2013-10-05 03:56:12
Startup Review Signal Mines Twitter for Reliable Web Hosting Reviews Web Hosting News 2012-09-25 15:52:28
Video Demo: Yola Website Building Software Whir Tv 2013-10-05 06:22:33