Can ASP do this?

PHP has that little template engine called Smarty that seperates programming logic from template design. I got a project I want to use ASP on and I want to be able to do the same using ASP. Any ideas?

Thanks
    "The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wonderous universe with our conscious selves arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for existence of God; but whether this argument is of real value I have never been able to decide... The safest conclusion seems to be that the whole subject is beyond the scope of man's intellect." - Charles Darwin

I dont know what smarty is but php is integrated into html, asp is same thing.
    Just use HTML <% CODE HERE %> HTML
    [Same for JSP]

Yes, but my purpose in this project is to allow a user to modify the website (the template) without having to know any back-end programming language. Plus I don't want them to have to freedom to modify the actual script.

So they could type something like <NEWS> in the HTML/template document and have the template engine insert all the dirty SQL injections in the background to retrieve a news article.
    "The impossibility of conceiving that this grand and wonderous universe with our conscious selves arose through chance, seems to me the chief argument for existence of God; but whether this argument is of real value I have never been able to decide... The safest conclusion seems to be that the whole subject is beyond the scope of man's intellect." - Charles Darwin

I think you should download smarty from hotscripts.com and understand the logic behind. You can do all most the PHP operations in ASP offcourse.
    "An army of sheep led by a lion would defeat an army of lions led by a sheep"