Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HostMatix?

Question HostMatix?

Hi everybody. This seems to be a very helpful forum, and I'm glad to be here. I hope this topic doesn't go go against the posting guidelines posted by Dennis.

I am looking for a web host who will allow me to have 3 separate sites, with its own domain name all on one account. I found HostMatix.com's Silver Plan for $9.15 per month fits what I am looking for. Is anyone familar with HostMatix? How do you feel HostMatix compares overall to other web hosting companies? Thank you for reading.

If you use the search feature found above, you may be able to find some opinions of users that have used HostMatix before.

Good luck!
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

Thanks for the offer.

Thank you miakeru, but I did a search prior to my post, and since most comments were amde in late 2002 and 2003, I was hoping there would be more people who would have some more recent comments on the server.

Hi XLR04,

I can definitely recommend hostmatix.com having been with them for the past 15 months.

There support and technicians are absolutely brilliant. They are very helpful, quick in responding (more often than not they answer queries in minutes) and they are generally very nice and professional.

I have had downtime (once in October 2003 for around 4 hours) but they offered me a refund which was great.

They are a great host and have a superb team of workers and are easily the best host I have ever been with (although I am no longer with them as I needed more space/bandwidth and got a dedicated server late last month from somewhere else).

Cheers - Dav
    Gotta check out this superb site...
    http://www.thecelebritydatabase.com/forum/

I cannot recommend them. I was with them back in 2002, they might have changed since then but it was just .. bleh. After using 20GB of bandwidth, he shut down my site and told me I needed to upgrade to a server that cost $100/month. He didn't even give me any notice.

Though, I will say that the customer support is top-notch.

Customer support dropped the ball with me. I heard horror stories from ex-customers and had slow load times/downtime. But I was willing to ignore that, because I was pretty happy overall. Their tech support is, by far, wonderful, which is the reason I was content to stay. Until I had to deal with customer support to transfer my domain. The most frustrating two weeks of my life. However, until that last month and a half I was pleased with my choice of a host. It just didn't work out.

Originally posted by Rose Module
    I cannot recommend them. I was with them back in 2002, they might have changed since then but it was just .. bleh. After using 20GB of bandwidth, he shut down my site and told me I needed to upgrade to a server that cost $100/month. He didn't even give me any notice.

Though, I will say that the customer support is top-notch.
    Greetings,

If you look carefully around our hostmatix.com website, you wont find any package that is for US$ 100/month, not even reseller accounts. Plus that's the nature of Cpanel which if you exceed your monthly traffic allowance, your site will be suspended temp. and this is not what we do.

However, I'm sorry that you were not pleased with our services. Wish you all the bests with your current hosting provider.

Bests,
    Amir Golestan
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    datacenter facilities in 39 cities across the world | AS53889
    www.micfo.com/datacenter

Amir - Of course not, that was two years ago when you had the "semi-dedicated" packages or whatever. The one you told me I needed to have was $100/month. Plus, my bandwidth allowance was for 40 or 50GB per month, you cut me off when I went towards 20GB without any notice what-so-ever. I was paying around $20/month at the time.

Greetings,

You may send an e-mail through my profile on WHT and we discuss the issue further. Since honestly we didn't even had any semi-dedicated package as far as I remember.

However it could be due to the fact that your website was a heavy loaded, thus monopolizing the resources available on server. Therefor you may have been informed to be transferred to a high-end reseller package which would only host few of these heavy loaded websites.

I'm sorry anyways for the inconvenience you may experienced during the time you were using our services.

Bests,
    Amir Golestan
    Amir Golestan
    www.micfo.com/datacenter

Hello
    I have a question for Amir Golestan of hostmatix. Are you hosting a site called purexian? I have contacted you on numerous occasions about these folks and have recieved no replies.
    Thanks,
    Dick

Hello anon-e-mouse
    Yes....that is the site in question. What can you tell me about it? I see it BLASTED on many of the scam sites but it continues to get internet exposure. How do we eliminate them? I for one was victimized.
    Thanks,
    RDH

Question

Hello Amir
    The stolen and forged check ring now known as purexian.biz was once called checkbank.biz. The FBI CART section believes they are based in Russia and use agents in the USA. ALL the contact info and documents on their sites are bogus. Take a look at their new nextdayfinance.org site and compare "our president." The photos and bios are identical but the name changes from Scott W. Robbins on purexian site to Carl Schindler on the nextdayfinance site.

In anticipation of hypermart closing their nextdayfinance.org site they have begun construction on a new one: nextdayfinance.us. As long as webhost ignore the info available on the growing number of scam sites about these groups, the more people will be hurt by them. I see most webhost have an abuse section but ignore the reports .
    Thank you,
    Dick
    Columbus, GA

Too long topic to read it all
    You need a host with WHM, reasearch before you buy! Dont pay yearly!
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

Originally posted by RDHambrice
    Hello
    I have a question for Amir Golestan of hostmatix. Are you hosting a site called purexian? I have contacted you on numerous occasions about these folks and have recieved no replies.
    Thanks,
    Dick
    Come on, Amir, that's not very acceptable. Dick, perhaps you should complain straight to the source? They are hosted at HostDime's data center (dimenoc) so email abuse@hostdime.com. If you don't get a response from there, try SurpassHosting as the same people run that outfit too.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Greetings,

Well as many of you know, I sold HostMatix back in January 2004 and I don't have any control over there. You many want to contact the new owners. They will definitely take care of it.
    Amir Golestan
    www.micfo.com/datacenter

Question

Hello NexDog
    Thank you for your observation. Hostdime, Dimenoc, Verio and Hypermart have ALL been made aware of this CRIMINAL enterprise. The ironic part is that dimenoc suspended their checkbank.biz site back in late April and the content is identical to the purexian site. Verio has dummied up completely while Hypermart suspended their nextdayfinance site briefly "while investigating." It was obviously a lame investigation because the site was back up yesterday. If you webhost folks don't begin to monitor your industry, Al Gore will return to claim his domain and do it for you.
    "; )
    Dick

Go get 'em, Dick.

Bust'em all, Dick.

Originally posted by Amir
    Greetings,

Well as many of you know, I sold HostMatix back in January 2004 and I don't have any control over there. You many want to contact the new owners. They will definitely take care of it.
    for how much if i may ask ? $xx,xxx ?
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Hello Bashar
    I'm fortunately on the low end of the scam. My loss to these bottom feeders was $4,500. A little lady in Anderson, IN was hit for $14,000 and I'm told by my FBI CART contact that the numbers go MUCH higher.

They recently hacked into a BankOne of Louisiana bank account and that is REALLY scary. Fortunately, the websites like scam.com, scamsafe.com and ripoffreport.com are doing a GREAT job alerting the public to this menace. Shutting down their websites is our only recourse until they're apprehended.

The money they ask you to wire ALL goes to Russia through Deutsche Bank, NY and Alfa-Bank, Moscow, RU.
    Dick

Hello Amir
    Thank you for updating me on hostmatix.com. I just sent abuse@micfo.com and the Chicago FBI field office an email.
    Thank you,
    Dick

Hello Amir
    Can you clear this up for me? I just received this reply from Micfo.com
    Thanks
    Dick

Dear Sir,
    This doesn't make sense. It's like sending a complain to Microsoft and have them to terminate a process which is done by HP.

HostMatix.com and Micfo.com are two separate companies and are not affiliated in anyways. Those domains are not hosted by " Micfo.com ". You have to contact the right hosting provider.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Regards,
    Micfo International L.L.C.
    24/7 Toll-free Support 1-866-686-8611

Amir did say earlier on that he sold HostMatix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amir
    Greetings,

First post on this page in fact. Not sure why you'd email him......

Thought the same thing, RDHambrice why did you e-mail micfo?
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast