"a host that promises you nothing" funny banner ad

Has anyone seen the banner ad on top of WHT? Its funny, but I don't get the point yet.
    Its a static banner ad that says
    "A Host that Promises you Nothing"

I clicked on the link, it goes to fluidhosting.com

So is that just a marketing tactic to get someone to click on it, or are they really not promising you anything?

either way i got a laugh from it, thought i'd share it.

I blocked ads. It's not that I don't like the ads, just at the time I was testing to see if I could and never re-allowed them.
    Don't look for a way out.

What ever there intend it obviouly is working, to some extent, otherwise you wouldn't have clicked on it. Actually they say, adds that are stupid or people hate, are often the best adds becase you remember them.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

Very true Doc. You are right it. And I rarely ever click on a banner ad.

Worked for me.

Btw. It's better than to promise "unlimited everything" until people really need it

It worked for me as well... just human curiosity I guess. I barely ever click on ads, but I did check that one out - I didn't take it any further but because it was a little odd I will probably remember that it was fluidhosting.com, for a while at least.

i thought it was interesting and i would like to see the results from that campiagn.

Thanks
    - James

I haven't noticed it myself, I'll keep a lookout
    nu-metal.org :: coming soon

I saw it also

Yeah, I clicked it too. Not sure if it is an error, or simply was just a good idea to get clicks! But it is one of the first banners I have clicked for a while.
    Steve

Actually, marketing tactic is intended, but it is more of a wrong banner at this moment

The banner is a rotating banner. First message is what you saw. There are additional messages that comes after it. For some reason, I uploaded a wrong banner. Contacted InetInteractive with a banner replacement, but unfortunately they have not changed the banner yet, quite a few days later

The correct banner actually makes more sense
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

I wouldnt doubt you guys are still getting alot of hits from the way it is now! Would be great if you are getting alot of conversions with it also :-P

The possible wondes that a banner upload error can do!!!

Thanks
    - James

i belive that ads must have honest content and should promote a product or a service which you have and not just trick people because it will attract the wrong kind of people and the advertiser will be the loser.
    unless the visitor is realy interested in the banner content he will not buy your service after visiting the site.
    you can but a cool car in a banner and get car lovers to click on it but what will advertiser gain if he is like selling fish ?!

I doubt any person genuinely looking for hosting would click it, the hits that it is getting are probably from curious people that don't need hosting anyway.
    nu-metal.org :: coming soon

A host that promises you nothing.....but a smile!

Interesting how the first time they put it up it didnt rotate

(Theres my smile)
    SkyLineHost.com
    ▓ ▓ Shared hosting that soars above the competition
    ▓ ▓ ▓ Based in Los Angeles. sales@skylinehost.com

That's why I call honesty. Better then hearing 1 gig of space for $1 year and have the host crash and burn a few months later
    73's, Kim
    Everything happens for a reason I make up.

Yep, I just saw the new ad. Looks like it wasn't suppoed to be like that after all.

Its now an animated/changing ad. It now says "A Host that Promises you Nothing" / "But a smile" / "Get your peace of mind Today!"

/ is where the frame/change appears

Interesting though about that mistake. I bet it got a nice CTR.

it would be interesting to see the results.

Originally posted by FHDave
    Actually, marketing tactic is intended, but it is more of a wrong banner at this moment

The banner is a rotating banner. First message is what you saw. There are additional messages that comes after it. For some reason, I uploaded a wrong banner. Contacted InetInteractive with a banner replacement, but unfortunately they have not changed the banner yet, quite a few days later

The correct banner actually makes more sense
    Nice banner FHDave! I saw it before when no frames changed but now I see the corrected version. Cool!! LOL, well the first frame looks like it caught everyones attention.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

LOL .. Host that Promises you Nothing.

Either Way. Good Market Tactic!

Thanks,
    Kevin

I liked it more in the simple "A Host that Promises you Nothing" version. The complete version is not bad though. I always loved innovative ads.

Good job Dave!

On Diet! Wish me Luck!
    Good luck Dave!