Advice on a shared host

Hi all,

I am looking for a host for my website. atm its only very small but im hoping that it will grow.

I have been reading forums and searching google for information about different hosts. Having read lots of reviews I have narrowed it down to three hosts...

clook.net (lots of people saying good things about them)

beyondperception.net (recommend by a friend who uses them)

clickhosting.co.uk (seems a bit to good to be true??)

I would be most interested to hear peoples experiences or views on any of these hosts.

One requirement I have is that I want to use the invisionboard on my site.

Also any other hosts that u think are worth a look please post!! always open to new suggestions!

Any advice much appreciated

I've heard good things about clook.net. (UK based I believe)

Anyway, do a search for each company's name on these forums: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php?s=
    Using the Host quote feature (http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php ) might also help, but search for what customers say about each company as I said. I don't think invisionboard will be an issue, but ask the host before you sign-up nevertheless.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by ldcdc; 04-03-2004 at 07:37 PM.

Based on personal experience I would highly recommend clook.net but don't take my word for it.

SEARCH for reviews on web hosts you're interested in and contact them with your pre-sales and support questions.

I have since then referred 14 new clients to clook.net this was 6 months ago, today they're still all happy clook.net customers
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

thanks will try the search out...

just been browsing and found

ukwebsolutionsdirect.co.uk

there prices look good and their list of features is very long (gave up reading it )

any thoughts?

The clook customer support certainly impressed me. I emailed asking a question about domain names and I had a reply within 10mins

The only problem with clook is that there shared hosting server is in the US and my site is a .co.uk so dont really want to host in the US if I can help it....but then if the price and service is right

so many different things to consider its driving me crazy

IIRC clook.net is a UK company which offers hosting in the US and UK
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

clook.info/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1748

*add the www to the above address (hope this dont break ne rules)

Is the thread I started on the clook forum they have servers in the UK for resellers but not for shared hosting....

I would also suggest searching for the name of the web hosting company in Google. You will find what other people are saying about the company, as well as the number of times the comapay is mentioned on the web. I suggest staying away from smaller companies that may only pull 20 results.

Joel

-----------------------
    Joel Bondorowsky
    LiquidPages.com Virtual Hosting

BTW what are your requirements
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Well atm very little in terms of bandwidth and HD space.

the domain name I have is getting about 2hits a day from people who are just typing in the domain. but thats it. so until it builds I really dont need need much bandwidth but I need the ability to expand easily if required. HD space I guess 100-200meg would be more than enough. and I need the invisionboard as stated above

That should not be hard to find with your specification. So I trust you should be able to find a good host from the list I sent you.

Good luck.