multiple subdomains which can all have inidivual bw limits...

i am looking for a host which will give you the ability to have subdomains which you can assign bandwidth and space limits too.

for example

site1.domain.com - i want this to have 2gb bandwidth and 10mb space
    site2.domain.com - i want this to have 1gb bandwidth and 5mb space.

i do not need a lot of monthly bandwidth, maybe about 30 or so... and i am certainly not looking to pay excessive amounts to be able to have this feature, it would just be handy :-)

Host them as normal domains (instead of using the CP sub-domain feature) and then you get full control over diskspace and BW.

i am considering that option, but i prefer to keep all the sites on the same domain... do you think its likely i will find anything suitable? or is normal domains the only probable option?

p2k4 - what nipl is saying, is that you set up the subdomains each on their own cpanel account. you will need a reseller account (WHM).

yes with a reseller account you just create accounts like you would a new domain except you make them name.domain.com net or whatever, and they share the main domain but have their own cpanel space and bw quotas.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

does this technique work with other control panels (non - WHM systems) ?

thanks for your help guys, for now i think i will opt for the bitstream spring saver deal they have on a reseller account. $11.99, comes with 2000mb space and 30gb bw/month. thanks again

Take a look at dathorn.com too, they offer 2000Mb for almost the same price. I'm using them for several months already and I'm really happy with it.

Angry reconsider bitstream

As a currrent (and soon to be former) customer of BitStream Hosting, I would really advise that you reconsider them as your reseller host. The downtime is both inexcusable, unexplained and increasing. Currently my reseller domain has been down for 11 hours and was previously down for a day and a half.

I do not think it is too much for customers to ask for a simple forum post about what is going.