Designing PDA Friendly Web Pages

I am designing a site to be PDA/Wireless Telephone Friendly. My specific targets are

1. SunCom HipTop web browser
    2. Treo Default Web Browser

One thing I have noticed is that when I use tables, the "Cellpadding" attribute is ignored on the HipTop. Can anyone suggest how I can pad my text in tables on these wireless devices?

Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm not familier with the HipTop browser, but if it supports CSS you could simply use the CSS padding attribute.

If not, you could always specify a TD of a set width to the left and right of the text to act as padding. It's really not a good solution but it should serve that purpose.

Thanks for the tip. I have thought about both of those issues, but have heard that HipTop has trouble with CSS occasionally. Thus, was wondering if there was some other solution. Yes, the table within a table, of some sort, would also work. Thanks.

I would suggest this book. I foudn it incredibly helpful and simple when designing for mobile devices.

XHTML in Easy Steps

xhtml and css would be the best way to go with that.
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

Okay, the CSS does seem to work fine. Though, I have noted that not all CSS elements are recognized. Ex. When defining table borders, the only thing I have found that is recognized on the HIPTOP is SOLID. "dotted" and "dashed" does not seem to be recognized. Interesting.