Thread: Whoiscart 2

Whoiscart 2

Has anyone used this?

I have been considering using it for a small hosting site I might be setting up, just to automate everything.

If you have used it, how well does it handle? Is it easy to go in and add accounts etc?

Thumbs up

It is great now, and getting better day by day

HTH
    George

http://www.sears-in-reno-sucks.com
    I am on a 30 day diet, I've lost 5 days already.....

We do provide setup and installation too. It is a great software.

Looking forward to whoiscart v3
    Cyber Ultra Network - Reliable Budget Web Hosting Provider Since 2003

There's no manual with it though and its a total pain in the butt to customize because you dont know what template covers what.

Another thing that bugs me about it... they put a copyright message thats about 15 lines long into the html of every page.
    Its a small point I know, but it just annoys me when software writers do stuff like that. One line with 'copyright by whoiscart' would be enough.

After saying that though, the script itself is very good.
    Last edited by hotirish; 04-03-2004 at 07:30 AM.

I have been using it for about 2 months now and have thought about giving it up because I could not get it customized the way I wanted it to and not because of how it worked. It was doing what it was desiged to do well but I thought the default look was pretty ugly.

I've since found it very easy to customize when I wasn't in such a big rush and took the time to actually figure stuff out.

Kevin

I suppose the biggest hurdle with people customizing the software is that they try to integrate it into their site, while the easier route would be to 'trick' the cart into looking like their site.

The advice I always give people is to gut their site's look, add in the parse-outs, and then save it as the template file in the themes folders. Best way to start.

We have our beta site out too, we're working hard on making this process easier. http://beta.whoiscart.net Sorry for any hair loss

Cheers.
    Alex
    circlical - hosting software development
    forums * blog

I have personally spoke to Saeven. Great support and great cart at an affordable price. Where else can you find a cart that improve day after day to ensure perfection?

Nice work Saeven

Loyal supporter.

Originally posted by hotirish
    There's no manual with it though and its a total pain in the butt to customize because you dont know what template covers what.

Another thing that bugs me about it... they put a copyright message thats about 15 lines long into the html of every page.
    Its a small point I know, but it just annoys me when software writers do stuff like that. One line with 'copyright by whoiscart' would be enough.

After saying that though, the script itself is very good.
    Actually hotirish there is a manual but its not for version 2.2 but it works on the same principals as it is for ver 1.1 http://saeven.net/sware/whois/manual/ I got that from the Whois.cart forums

Also I would recomend Whois.cart its simple, clean, and well supported.
    Luke Moran
    WebHostingChat Friendly Webhosting Guide

whois cart is very good. I set it up in less than a couple of hours. Also if you have any issues the support forum is awesome. (you usually will get your answer in a couple of hours)

wishing for Plesk support.
    Vagrant Web Hosting - U.S. / CANADA
    Website Hosting - Website Development - Content Management
    NEW: Windows Hosting w/ ASP.NET

Whoiscart is the best! I mean, it does everthing that a small hosting co needs and more! As far as the installation, it's a breeze! The new silverstar is going to be great! Also, when it comes to scripting, you can't beat Saeven...
    Just my 2 cents

whoiscart is really gr8 and thousands of people can agree with that.

does everything i need it for. its a breeze to setup and once its set up all you have to do is sit back and watch the money roll in

its not as hard as everyone makes out to customise, infact i found it qwite easy but it all depends on your knowlege of scripting lanuages and web design etc.

I played with it a little I found that it had exactly what they said it had and pretty much nothing else. My biggest issue I guess would be the welcome e-mail I know how to customize it kind of but I would like for it to have all the information such as domain, ip, username, password, cpanel link, webmail link, pop3 info, absolute paths, etc etc Is there variables for this type of thing? I could not find them.

Hi,

Welcome email is easy to alter, cpanel and all this is all automated. Just make sure that the Cpanel HAPI is activated, and when the domain is created, the info is all included in the purchase receipt. Be sure to open a ticket with support if you have a hard time with this.

Best regards.
    Alex
    circlical - hosting software development
    forums * blog

sounds all good to me there for all the reviews
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Thumbs up

whoiscart rocks! i have played with a few and keep coming back to whoiscart!
    friendly, fast support forum too (usually answered in an hour or two at most)
    stan

Whois Cart is excellent especially since it is so affordable. It has great features and more coming soon. I would recommend it.
    PierceMultimedia.com - Total Website Solutions
    Affordable Cpanel Hosting and Website Design
    Accepting Credit Cards and PayPal