Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation The Bancorp Bank --> Closing Non-US Citizen Accounts!!!! (HELP!)

Hello there...
    I just got an email from "The Bancorp Bank" saying that ...
    "This correspondence is being sent to you in regards to your bank account with The Bancorp Bank and serves as official notification of a change in
    the bank’s internal policies and procedures. In response to changes in federal regulatory requirements, we have revised our bank account policies
    and procedures and are no longer able to service accounts in which the primary account holder does not reside in the United States."

So.... we have a problem ... they will close the accounts in 2 weeks!!!!

If they're gonna close our account, I need URGENTLY a new account on another bank.

Anyone can help?

Regards.
    CAS Networks SL | Businesss Solutions Provider
    -> www.cascompany.com, IT Related B2B since 1997.
    -> Premium Dedicated Servers & Private Reseller Accounts
    -> Web Design, Corporate Image Design, Graphic Design

What is wrong with the banks in your country? Or something like Paypal or Paysystems?
    Hockey is Life

We need on US, for paypal & 2checkout...

The banks in the US are just acting according to new legislation which is designed to stop the flow of funding to and from terrorist organizations. They should have started this years ago.

There are many other changes taking place as well, for example mail sent to a PO box will be refused delivery unless the individual whose name is on the mail has provided picture identification to the Post Office.

No offense but why wouldn't you want to use a bank in your own country anyway?

Why? ...
    Once again, due to paypal and 2checkout.

not all people lives on US, but everything is based on US (mostly internet related) ... so it's easier for us to have the bank on US, so we have fast & direct 2checkout payments, same for paypal.

Regards.

2checkout does NOT need an US bank account for wire tranfers. They can send funds via wire transfer to any bank account in the world. I have been using their service for the last 2 years now.

Originally posted by cascompany
    Why? ...
    Once again, due to paypal and 2checkout.

not all people lives on US, but everything is based on US (mostly internet related) ... so it's easier for us to have the bank on US, so we have fast & direct 2checkout payments, same for paypal.

Regards.
    Where do you live?
    ^_^

On the other side, sounds a little fishy to me.... My banks don't communicate with me via email, but via snail mail. Email is too unreliable. I'd suggest calling your bank to double check, it very well could be some scam being pulled on you.

And don't call the bank or contact them using any info from the email, look them up, or use a previous month bank statement to get the contact info.

Originally posted by ForumsAddict
    2checkout does NOT need an US bank account for wire tranfers. They can send funds via wire transfer to any bank account in the world. I have been using their service for the last 2 years now.
    2Checkout will have no problems sending money to your bank account, IIRC you need the SWIFT code for your bank from which you can get the ABA routing number for their bank in the US

For paypal read: https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...oved_countries

Notice the countries that say "PayPal accepts withdrawals to local bank accounts in these countries. Users in any country may withdraw funds to a U.S. bank account."

To be honest i would contact your bank and follow up on this to make sure that this email is fully legit and get more details on what is going to happen. Because honestly email's like this should not be communicated via email they should be communicated via snail mail.

Thanks
    - James

I agree with the others, it's stange that they would only send you an e-mail. All important documents usually go through the mail.

I too International member of the TheBancorp and have received it too...............
    No problems with 2checkout, but from this account I pay for servers...
    It's really problem.

Originally posted by Jhorra
    I agree with the others, it's stange that they would only send you an e-mail. All important documents usually go through the mail.
    Unfortunatly it is legit. I've called them and received confirmation.

Thebancorp is an internet bank and as such does not communicate via snail mail. Everything is done online.

As for those asking why anyone would need a US bank account... If you run a serious internet business you need a US bank account. Period.

Anyone outside the US will confirm this, anyone within the US will probably not understand the huge barriers that people outside the US have to overcome to be able to conduct business online.

i work for the bancorp. :-x

incidentally this is the first ive heard of this :-\
    Last edited by Fujiwara Takumi; 04-08-2004 at 05:46 PM.
    jubba joo!

Oh... You work for "The Bancorp" ?
    You should ask, some one could tell you what bancorp is going to do with ALL non-US accounts....

So far... I agree 100% with Pilgrim ...
    people at US (or maybe other 1st world countries), dont have an idea of the huge barriers of the other 99% of the world...
    Now, bancorp will just make it more dificult again... and we need to get a new account in less than 20 days.... (so far impossible...)

afaik bancorp catered to international business. Im pretty surprised by this announcement. thats why i say i hadnt heard anything about it. im pretty out of the loop as far as business decisions are concerned.
    jubba joo!

BTW, where are you from? Doesn't PayPal serve your country? If they don't, you would not be able to login as they would freeze your account immediately.

Paypal serves our country (AR), but not bank withdraw possible to local banks, also, for 2co or any other payment method, is always easy to have an account on US, so you can withdraw to it fast, and also usually FREE too, on other situation, each wire transfer would cost $40 or so.

Rent a post box for your company in the US and use it as the address for the bank account, don't see why that wouldn't be legit if it's a company account it doesn't have to be an address somebody from that company actually lives at, loads of companies use postbox/mail service addresses.

http://www.usbankaccount.com would be your best bet

Originally posted by UltraUnixNET
    http://www.usbankaccount.com would be your best bet
    That doesn't even look real, looks like some guy with a TM template, i wouldn't give them my email address let alone my money

One time setup fee : $300
    A $10,000 deposit will be required once your account is open
    lmfao, yeah ok if you want a nice quick way to loose $10k go for it.

Yea, that freaked me out

bobcares is offline [email protected]
    I think the best way is to go to the US and setup an LLC and a bank account there.
    We did it in NH and took an account with Fleet. Fleet guys are really nice bankers.

Regards
    Amar
    A student once asked his teacher, "Master, what is enlightenment?"
    The master replied, "When hungry, eat. When tired, sleep. When you need care, come to bobcares...."

Originally posted by Loon
    Rent a post box for your company in the US and use it as the address for the bank account, don't see why that wouldn't be legit if it's a company account it doesn't have to be an address somebody from that company actually lives at, loads of companies use postbox/mail service addresses.
    you must have a valid SSN to hold a bank account in the US.
    jubba joo!

if you are a business, you need the TIN/EIN. register an llc or s-corp, apply for EIN and you are good to go. a bit tough to get done in 20 days, but doable with the help of a registration service.

paul
    * Rusko Enterprises LLC - Upgrade to 100% uptime today!
    * Premium NYC collocation and custom dedicated servers
    call 1-877-MY-RUSKO or paul [at] rusko.us

dedicated servers, collocation, load balanced and high availability clusters

An EIN won't help much. The primary account holder still needs to have a SSN.

Thebancorp was one of the few banks where an EIN would do. Now they too changed their policies on this.

There are still a few banks left that will work with just an EIN but it's a matter of time because they too will change their policy as laws on this have gotten stricter.

The reason why thebankcorp is closing down international accounts is because of fraud, theft, and forgery.
    Jay

Originally posted by Watcher_TVI
    The banks in the US are just acting according to new legislation which is designed to stop the flow of funding to and from terrorist organizations. They should have started this years ago.
    I think sometimes the average person's wish for security sucks **** bad time ! That would be if useless anti terrorism **** was about to ruin the existence of people. I would give both my balls if Osama wouldn't find ways to get money to sleepers in the US without using fake US accounts.

US Bank Account

Hello,

We found several post about our services, so to avoid misunderstanding please allow me to details our services:

We help non US citizen to open US broker, checking account we also help non US citizen to open personal and corporate US bank account.

A brokerage account is an account in USD in a financial institution in the US. Allowing you to make stock investment by yourself or with the help of a broker.
    This account cannot be link to a paypal account.

We also propose checking account in USD in a financial institution in the US, they are easier to open than checking account in a bank (since you only need a valid passport) but require a large deposit ($10,000 deposit made on your account once it is open) no debit card or withdrawal card are included but you have a check book.
    This account can be linked to paypal since it is a checking account.

We also propose personal Checking account in a US bank. A withdrawal card is included, it does not require a large deposit (but it is best to deposit ($500 to $1000 on your account once it is open).

But it requires more documents:

A scan/copy of valid Passport
    An ITIN (we will help you get one)
    A bank reference from your local bank (in English)
    A bank statement from your local bank (translated if needed)
    A utility bill with your name and address on it (translated if needed)

Please note that the delay to receive your ITIN is usually of 1 month.

This account can be linked with paypal since it s a US checking account.

To finish we also propose corporate US bank account with visa card in one of the biggest bank in the US.

It requires a US company, an apostille, a valid passport and an international credit card so the bank can check your bank rating (or we will need extra documents) and a small deposit of $100.

If you do not have a US company we propose a complete package

For prices and inquires please contact us directly, it would be too complicate and inappropriate to answer on this forum.

You can contact us on our website usbankaccount.Com (i m a new poster i am not allowed to post url of the different pages)

Regards,

Fox Dale
    usbankaccount.com

I honestly do not know what the problem is with opening a USA bank. I live in the UK but have an account with Bank of America.

It was very simple to open.

All you do is select a branch of Bank of America, mine is in Florida. Phone them and say that you wish to open a checking account. They will require a deposit to open the account usually $500. You will need to send them a copy of your Passport, ID Card. They will then open your account.

You do not need a US SSN!

That's all there is to it.

You do not need to employ an intermediate company like usbankaccount.Com and pay their fees.

Alternatively large US banks like Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, Citibank have offices world wide and are sure to have one in your country. Just walk in and open one!

This is not rocket science and I do not understand why the subject comes up so often.

You will need to send them a copy of your Passport, ID Card.
    You need to bare in mind that it's illegal for an EU citizen to make any kind of copy , duplicate, scan or fax of their passport.

We've yet to find out what country you are in. If you're in an EU country, there's nothing you can't do that US citizens can.

Rob
    PS: Check out our latest UK Reseller Hosting, Dedicated Server and Colocation offers on our website!

Originally posted by amard
    You need to bare in mind that it's illegal for an EU citizen to make any kind of copy , duplicate, scan or fax of their passport.
    That's nonsense, it is quite legal to make a photocopy of a passport, in fact it is encouraged by the authorities.

.UK Passpot Authority

I do state where I am from in my last posting

Originally posted by privatebox
    That's nonsense, it is quite legal to make a photocopy of a passport, in fact it is encouraged by the authorities.
    That's for your own use, not to send to someone else.

PS: Check out our latest UK Reseller Hosting, Dedicated Server and Colocation offers on our website!

Originally posted by amard
    That's for your own use, not to send to someone else.
    You are making this up as you go along! Its perfectly legal to send a photocopy of your passport to anyone, particularly for any legal purpose.

US EMBASSY LONDON

Alternatively large US banks like Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, Citibank have offices world wide and are sure to have one in your country. Just walk in and open one!
    It is not so easy. I recently went to a citibank office here in spain to ask them if they could open a us bank account for me but they said they couldn't.

But that's what they are there for to open acounts.

Maybe you have a low credit rating are a debtor, bankrupt or something like that.

But that's what they are there for to open acounts.

Maybe you have a low credit rating are a debtor, bankrupt or something like that.
    They are not there to open us accounts for foreigners ....

They didn't even ask me to supply them information about my business.

That is exactly why they are there. Perhaps you look like a madman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast