Ensim Inbox Location and disappearing emails

Question: I know where Ensim stores the mail folders like Drafts, Sent Items, etc. (/home/virtual/sitex/home/userx), but I can not find where it stores the Inbox.

While I'm at it, I use IMAP to access a few accounts in Ensim. And a rare occurity that has happened a couple of times, is that I lose all of the email in the Inbox. The other folders remain untouched.

Any ideas on either issue?

Help please.

Not sure where the mail for Inbox is, but sure they would know at htttp://forum.ensim.com. But, as for your mailbox emptying now and then, are you sure you don't have an e-mail client somewhere setup for POP3? If you did it would download and erase all the e-mail by default. Plus it would only do it to the Inbox like you're seeing.

Thanks,

Neofree

Re: Ensim Inbox Location and disappearing emails

Originally posted by Cybernaut
    Question: I know where Ensim stores the mail folders like Drafts, Sent Items, etc. (/home/virtual/sitex/home/userx), but I can not find where it stores the Inbox.
    The path you're specifying here should be:
    /home/virtual/sitex/fst/home/username
    Anyway, that is where a user's squirrelmail files are kept. The main "inboxes" for all users of a site are located at:
    /home/virtual/sitex/fst/var/spool/mail/

While I'm at it, I use IMAP to access a few accounts in Ensim. And a rare occurity that has happened a couple of times, is that I lose all of the email in the Inbox. The other folders remain untouched.
    I'm with neofree on this part. Sounds like a pop3 client issue. If you do have a standard pop3 client checking mail from time to time, and don't want to lose the mail that's already there, you need to set your pop3 client to leave the mail on the server after downloading.

-B
    iptables -I INPUT -s 64.88.128.0/19 -j DROP
    iptables -I INPUT -s 66.111.192.0/18 -j DROP
    iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Since I've been using this account for a year and a half as IMAP, I'm pretty sure it's not me accessing via pop3. I had a hunch that the most probable cause was someone accessing that way.
    Is there a way to check who's tried to access the account that way?

I tried this from /var/log/
    # cat * | grep "[email protected]" | grep -i "pop"
    But nothing came up at all.

Originally posted by Cybernaut
    Is there a way to check who's tried to access the account that way?

I tried this from /var/log/
    # cat * | grep "[email protected]" | grep -i "pop"
    But nothing came up at all.
    Try this instead:
    zgrep ipop3d /var/log/maillo* | grep -ic "Login user=username"

If it returns anything other than zero, run it without the -c .

Other than the pop3 thing, I don't know what else could be causing your problem offhand, unless it's some setting in your imap client itself. Have you made any changes at all that might coincide with the onset of this problem?

-B
    iptables -I INPUT -s 64.88.128.0/19 -j DROP
    iptables -I INPUT -s 66.111.192.0/18 -j DROP
    iptables-save > /etc/sysconfig/iptables

No, I've made no changes to my IMAP settings. zgrep came back with '0'.