Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To give you an idea, I wrote ICANN about their holding my domains hostage, they got in touch with Schlund (1and1's parent company) who said "No, he can take them whenever he wants"

Yeah, sure. But they failed to tell that to their underlings at 1and1 and this is why a full 5 days later, I still can't use them!!! What kind of hypocrites!

Like I said, learned my lesson: stay away from 1and1 and keep domains separate from hosting.

Originally posted by Southern Gal
    I'm sorry you are having a problem. I really doubt that any postings on here that you made about a hosting company would make them pull your hosting.
    In a perfect world, you are correct. I beg to differ, though 'cause, we do not live in a perfect world.

When Communitech.net was still polluting the Internet some while back, I complained about them on the Cobalt mailing list. They unplugged my server (Which housed 150 of my customer's accounts) about an hour later and when I called to ask what was up, the owner of the company cursed at me and called me childish names. He was a real nut case. They finally saw the error of their ways, and turned my server back on. I still hate that guy with a passion. I always wondered if he would have said those things to my face, the coward.

Originally posted by Technics
    1 & 1 are massive, and no matter how much of a bashing they get on here and loose one or two customers they will signup another 20 or so in the time those 2 cancel.
    20 clueless people, then?

They won't last because of their service. They will be bought by some other company eventually.

lemme add my 2 cents about oneandone.

I registered a domain with OneAndOne UK and when I wanted to change the DNS settings, I found that I couldn't. I was informed after purchasing that they didn't support DNS changes at all on .co.uk domains, and only allowed changes to .com DNS by email.

So I swallowed my pride and went over to OneandOne US to register another domain, I did this because the american site was:

1) cheaper (nearly half price)
    2) Allowed DNS through the admin panel

I waited until the account was setup, and then proceeded to change the DNS to the name servers i needed. I waited 4 days and it didnt work, so I tried again. Waited some more, and still it didn't work. So I emailed OneandOne and waited a week, then emailed them again and waited a further 2 days until I got a responce.

Guess what? OneandOne US does not allow you to change your DNS to non Fully Qualified name servers. But guess what else? The didn't tell me this at this point.

Instead they informed me that i hadnt actually purchased any domain with them. So I sent them another email informing them that I had ordered a domain over two weeks ago and i was in the admin panel as i was typing the email. More waiting (2 days) and they replied by saying they were sorry and that the Domain hadnt been set up correctly because i had tried to change the DNS too quicky and they would rectify it ASAP.

ur getting the theme yet? Wait for It..........I had to wait another 3 days for the domain to be set up correctly. 3 days later i changed the DNS yet again, and after 3 more days it didn't work and I emailed oneandone again and informed them that I was still experiancing problems with my DNS.

Another wait of a day or two (by this point I had already just given up and had requested a refund) and i recieved an email informing me that the DNS would not resolve to that DNS because it wasnt Fully Qualified. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA after how many weeks they finaaly informed me that i couldnt use non fully qualified name servers. Not at registration when it would have made more sense.

So now I was like Blah Blah Blah gimme my money. I put in a cancel order and told them I wanted a full refund by email. After two more days i recieved an URL to cancel the order. Which i did.

after another week I finally recieved a confirmation that the Domain had been cancelled. It took in total 1 month to sort this out. I was none pleased at the support or the responce by the support staff in which they tried their best to blame faults in their system on me.

I was also unhappy because I had purchased 2 domains with OneandOne, both of which they charged me for. And both of which are completely useless. Am i rambling? Maybe, but i think i earnt it.

K last one quick summary: 4 weeks and £10 wasted (not a lot but still), 1 useless domain and 1 cancelled. 1 unhappy customer, mabe 20 email sent and only 10 recieved.

And no REFUND

Never ever ever buy with oneandone UK/US/DE

P.S. i only registered her to add this 1 post

I had a friend, Professor of Finances, who would say, "Do not chase after the high annual percentage, instead make sure they will keep your money safe."

So, my friend, you have found a company that will keep your money safe. As it seems, forever.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12