Canadian Stuffssss

Some of you know already I plan to move to Canada but here's what I really need to know;

Some people have said that I don't need a visa because Britain still has 'something or other' (some political thing) there still, true?

More importantly, the weather, in Ontario, which months (generally) are sunny, I know you're supposed to have nice summers there ...

Anything else I should be aware of to move there? (I have looked up a few things and so far don't see anything that may affect me)
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right
    ██ Shared, Reseller and Dedicated web hosting
    An Easy Web Presence Company

just a note, back east there are only the following seasons -

- Winter
    - Winter part 2
    - End of winter
    - Road Construction

on a more serious note, usually may <-> september/october are nice. As for other things you gotta watch out for, Eastern drivers We've had a few that come over to visit victoria, and they drive like there's no tomorrow. Not quite as bad as Albertans, though

As for work visa's, I have no clue about those.

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

I could apply once I'm in the country though? And thanks for the other information, I appreciate it.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/index.html

"In almost all cases you must have a valid work permit to work in Canada"

http://www.immigration.ca/tempent-work-mnu.asp

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Might help the fact I have no alternative place to live, except with my girlfriend.
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right

Re: Canadian Stuffssss

Originally posted by 4 Degrees
    Some of you know already I plan to move to Canada but here's what I really need to know;

Some people have said that I don't need a visa because Britain still has 'something or other' (some political thing) there still, true?

More importantly, the weather, in Ontario, which months (generally) are sunny, I know you're supposed to have nice summers there ...

Anything else I should be aware of to move there? (I have looked up a few things and so far don't see anything that may affect me)
    From the CIA World Factbook:

A land of vast distances and rich natural resources, Canada became a self-governing dominion in 1867 while retaining ties to the British crown. Economically and technologically the nation has developed in parallel with the US, its neighbor to the south across an unfortified border. Its paramount political problem continues to be the relationship of the province of Quebec, with its French-speaking residents and unique culture, to the remainder of the country.

I would imagine it still retains some sort of relationship.

Thanks for that
    ServeYourSite
    Web hosting done right