Need advice for a new host

I was checkin out gisol.com $8/month for 1.5gigs space and 70gigs bandwidth, does anyone know something similar but with more bandwidth? i dont need that much space. also, does anyone use ValueClick or something similar where you get paid CashPerClick or CashPerLead ? thanks.

search with the find a host option on the top of the page or goto the ads forum
    Joe
    www.DollarWebHosting.Biz
    |:| Shared |:| Reseller |:| Dedicated |:|

Do a search on this forum or www.google.com to see if maybe you can find something.

Fliggil, I'm not sure you're going to find many places that offer more bandwidth than 70GB a month for $8. That company is overselling a great deal, and those kind of companies tend to be the troublesome ones. If you do choose to go with a host that is charging ten cents per GB of bandwidth, research them very throroughly and ping the sites hosted on their servers.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Overselling quite a lot probably. Maybe search for another host

gisol, ******, powweb, ipowerweb, dot5 are companies to avoid like the flu. There's a search feature on top...use this for all these providers and be enlightened !!

And also ask people about these companies support... I haven't heard good about some of them.
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Definitely stay away from ******

Stay away from gisol. All their servers are down MANY time a month. They have no customer service (try reaching them by phone) email servers take hours sometimes days to get your messages. I have had several sites hosted with them and they were once ok, over the last year they have deteriorated. Don't let cheap prices sell you. Downtime can be costly, not to mention the waste of man-hours trying to resolve problems.

epinions.com/cmsw-ISP-All-gisol_com/display_~reviews

webhostingreviews.com/gisol.shtml

Read one customers plight... home.comcast.net/~baddiedaddy/index.html

Fliggil,

If you do a search to look for Gisol on user reviews on the web, you will find out that this is a company with some bad reputation since its inception in Oct 1999.

I have experiences with the company for not paying for the service provided.

What are your reasons to host with Gisol?

Cristiano
    HostPulse.com - Hosting Directory & Tips
    Cheap Web Hosting
    ASP Hosting
    Domain Hosting

I signed up with ********* last night, everything is great so far, always helpful support around, fast, enopugh space/bw, and a good price.

I am a newbie.. i have had my site with a couple of hosts till I found a good one.. but sounds like they are overselling to me..

Maybe its just me...

You find a large majority of web hosts oversell bigtime. For example, 1.5gig for $8. It isn't overselling as much as i've seen some, but its still a bit too good to be true. I would steer well clear of hosting companies like that. Going so cheap just to get the custom is wrong, chances are they bought the server dirt cheap therefore its probably bad quality, or they intend on putting say 20gigs storage worth of clients on a 10 gig server and hoping they dont all use their allotted space.
    Richard Kelly
    Host Current
    www.hostcurrent.com

Originally posted by fliggil
    I signed up with ********* last night, everything is great so far, always helpful support around, fast, enopugh space/bw, and a good price.
    not sure if you realize this but it looks like 1&1 has complete control over your domain name. id definitely get that sorted out before it is too late
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

well I have the DNS pointing to my ********* account, is there something wrong with that?

Originally posted by mac4lyfe
    Stay away from gisol. All their servers are down MANY time a month. They have no customer service (try reaching them by phone) email servers take hours sometimes days to get your messages. I have had several sites hosted with them and they were once ok, over the last year they have deteriorated. Don't let cheap prices sell you. Downtime can be costly, not to mention the waste of man-hours trying to resolve problems.

epinions.com/cmsw-ISP-All-gisol_com/display_~reviews

webhostingreviews.com/gisol.shtml

Read one customers plight... home.comcast.net/~baddiedaddy/index.html
    Have you hosted with them during the "deterioration" or just when they were "ok"?
    I'm a bit confused on what side you're really on. And if you are just on one or two of their servers, how can you say that *all* of their servers are down?
    I'm looking for honest facts about their downtime, and not comments from clients where there are two sides to every story.