Dedicated server for personal needs. Your suggestions please!

Hi,

so I do need a dedicated server for my personal needs. I am planning to host there not more then 2 or 3 web sites.
    So I am pretty new in this hosting stuff I'd like to ask you where to get a dedicated server for about $60 - $ 100 monthly, with Cpanel, without setup fee if possible and ofcourse with good Internet connection?

Thank you for your time.

LS

Hello Lost

You might want to looking into a VPS, just because it will be cheaper and give you a similar result.
    Datums Internet Solutions, LLC
    Systems Engineering & Managed Hosting Services
    Complex Hosting Consultants

Are you going to use it as a teaching plattform? Or just for hosting? If the second, then you need a virtual dedicated server for $25, not a real one for $100.

Try www.linode.com/products/linodes.cfm
    www.servint.com/vps

or any reseller account for half the price of the VPS

2 - 3 websites?

How much total bandwidth and space do you think you'll use? I'm sure as mentioned, a reseller account or VPS could easily provide you with what you're looking for, at a much lower cost.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

Thanks for the quick replys.

So here is the situation:
    I am planning to host only 2 or 3 websites. The webspace needed for them will be for example 2GB. In the beginning I do not think that I'll use more than 10 GB bandwith for all of the sites. But my thought is that if in the future I need to host more web sites a VPS or a reseller account will not be the right solution for me anymore, then I have to rent a real dedicated server again, then transfer the web sites etc. etc. etc. and this is something I do not want to do.
    So any suggestions about dedicated servers, not VPS, not reseller accounts are welcomed.

In the meantime I found the VALUEWEB offer for a $59 server.
    Or what about Serverpronto? They even offer a server for $29 but as I checked them - their support is very expensive lol
    Anyone used them? Any comments?
    Actually as I said I also prefer Cpanel, not plesk as they are offering there.
    Last edited by lost69souls; 04-02-2004 at 01:47 PM.

Oh, transfer with cPanel is the easiest thing. You make one click and all your accounts are automagically transferred.

Probably it is the easiest thing
    As I already said I want a dedicated server

Then buy something decent.

This is exactly what I want. I just want to read some suggestions as I am not that experienced.

As I already said I want a dedicated server
    These providers should be good for personal use:
    www.managed.com
    www.nocster.com

Thanks.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

Good for personal use, but don't expect great support, and make sure to do searches on both companies.

I'd still suggest getting yourself a reseller account with someone. 2 - 3 sites using 2GB each does not require a dedicated server.

There are all kinds of reseller and VPS accounts, depending on how many sites you eventually want to host, you might be able to find a reseller account powerful enough to support your needs.

If not, and you REALLY want a dedicated server, and as you stated, will eventually host sites on it, I'd suggest going with www.servermatrix.com, or one of their resellers, or www.fastservers.net.

Do you need the server "fully" managed?
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz

Yes, I would prefer a managed server ofcourse as I see Servermatrix are doing some managament only for the monthly price.

Is Cpanel better then Plesk or Ensim?

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumd...p?s=&forumid=9

Check that forum out for info on control panels, do some searches. It's all a matter of personal opinion.

As for Server Matrix, their managed servers are basically (free management,) them taking care of the server for you. Monitoring it, and rebooting it when it goes down. If you're looking for a true fully managed host, you'd need to either hire a server admin, or go through a server matrix reseller that offers true fully managed servers.

You are NOT going to get a decent server, with "full management" for anywhere near 60.00/m. Even at 100.00/m, you're not going to get what you're looking for (on Server Matrix.)

Best of luck though.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz