Hybrid View

SiteHQ - any experiences?

Hi All,

I am currently with webfusion who are excellent but want to move to a competitively priced reseller package, sitehq.co.uk seem to fit the bill. I was looking at AventureHost but that's gone completely out of the window now after reading these forums. There's not much here on SiteHQ, wondered if anyone had any opinions?

Best regards,

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 08-09-2004 at 09:37 PM.

I know someone who was hosting with me, went to SiteHQ and then came running back

He said the site was slow, as was the support, services were up and down - and to be honest when I transferred the account back to my server it was the slowest and most painful transfer ever done.

Dropped out twice due to their services seeming to stop.

If you want, I could get the chap to contact you.

Ryan

Thanks for your reply Ryan. I am hoping that your customer's experience was an isolated one.

I must admit that I already opened an account with SiteHQ yesterday evening (I couldn't wait!), however this was based on some calculated risk:

1) They do a 14 day cancel guarantee (I will do my migration first and test everything before I migrate the domains, if problems I can back out)
    2) I emailed some questions to their support address and got good replies within an hour
    3) There were some very good comments about them on the .netmag forum

And so far I have not been dissapointed. They set my account up within about 4 hours and as I speak I am migrating files over to my newly setup accounts. And the best thing - I just emailed them again with some questions (one of them being 'can I get SSH?') and they got back to me within 24 minutes - yes 24 minutes, on a Saturday morning at 10am no less!! and were very helpful. Judging by what content I have put up on the accounts so far speed does not seem to be an issue either.

So hopefully my risk will be worth it, I will keep you posted anyway.

Cheers, Andy.

Hi Ryan,

I'd be more than interested in knowing who this client was who complained about the slow speeds and came running back to you (to support your claims). You can PM me rather than post publicly.

We have hundreds of very happy clients, and knowing that one was unhappy is not good. As far as i'm aware, we've had no one cancel on us for the reasons you provide - in fact we have a very low cancellation rate.

Regards,

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 08-09-2004 at 09:36 PM.

I haven't seen many bad reviews about sitehq

Put it this way,

If you want a quality, reliable and extremely helpful webhost sitehq would be the one to go for. The owner has been really helpful and I always get quick helpful replies to any questions I have.

Just my 2p

-mscwd

Hey

Been a customer for about 2 weeks now and VERY happy with the service so far...

Anyone else got any comments?

Cheers

Paul