Hybrid View

Unlimited Thingy....

I know they really arnt unmetered...
    But name me some of those un-metered sapce and transfer hosts...

You'd be far better off to work out what you actually need, and find a decent host that can offer you that with the ability for you to upgrade later if you need to.

Is your site already active? how much space and transfer does it use already? If it's not active, what will the content be?
    Hyperconfused (™)

You're not going to have much luck finding them here .
    <?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

Didn't see this was in the reseller section, i guess it's not just for one site then, how much can you afford a month?
    Hyperconfused (™)

lesse now...
    Hmm how about $50 ? I need it for a hmm a paid+free company which is not yett open.

Your best option would be to make a request from: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php

Or you could also look in the offers section for people offering reseller plans.

Not sure how much space and transfer you actually think you'll need so it's hard to suggest something, but don't look for any un-metered deals, you'll only be back in a few weeks looking again if you do.
    Hyperconfused (™)

you'll signup with someone that offers it and leave disappointed a week later or they'll kick you off for using too much of that unmetered stuff I wouldnt bother

Unlimited is a little different though than unmetered. Unlimited is of course completely false, because there are limits to everything, thus impossible, but I'm not here to spark that debate (again) Unmetered, depending if you're talking reseller packages, or dedicated servers, can be obtained (at least through dedi's) They are typically more expensive, but often you can find the 10MBPS servers available from a few reputable companies, and they simply cap your port at the unmetered level, and you're free to peg it as much as you like. I only believe this works for transfer rather than spacing, as mentioned within already, some hosts will boot you for utilizing the resources, whereas on an unmetered transfer with a capped port, you're generally safe.

Thanks,
    Matthew McCormick
    Director of Customer Care
    www.caro.net
    mmccormick@carohosting.com

thank you for all your replies.. This really shows how new I am to the Hosting industry...
    Ummm.. What would be the max. possible Giga's I could get with $50 >>

If you're going for a reliable host, figure about $1.00/GB. So you could get around 50 GB with $50/month.

thats good...
    Where can I find such host or even better?

Well, you can take a look at the offers forums, but I've heard good things about
    httpme.com
    darthron.com (not sure if that is spelled correctly)
    hostnexus.com

You can also do a search at Google, make a list of some potential hosts, and the come back here to do a search and see what kind of service and such they provide.

hmm... Im still searching.. I didnt get any host offering 50GB for $50

You probably won't, some of that $50 has to pay for disk space and supporting your account as well.

Have you tried using the Host Quote link up top?
    Matt Walters
    http://mattwalters.net/ - Weblog

Originally posted by m987
    hmm... Im still searching.. I didnt get any host offering 50GB for $50
    Well, that wasn't an exact figure either - just an example. If your main concern is transfer, look for a host that charges around $1 per GB transfer. Slightly below or over is okay too.

You also need to consider the level of service/support you'll receive. You may end up with a little less transfer but absolutely great support - it's almost always worth the smaller amount of transfer, at least from my experience.

Also think realistically about your bandwidth needs. Unless you're going to be offering a lot of downloads or have a super busy website (popular forums, etc) chances are you don't need anywhere near 50GB.
    Matt Walters
    http://mattwalters.net/ - Weblog

The only unmetered host I can summon from my memory is victrio.com

I won't go with them though...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Meet me at the dedicated Server Forum now...
    I got a reseller .... 25 GB for around 30$ ...
    with cpanel, fantastico..
    But I donno how it charges..
    I got it from x-gravity's special offer..
    I mean... I donno if it charges for how much space
    I accumlate or is it how much space I use????

If it is how much space I accumlate.. I dont think
    It is fair.. So getting a Dedicated server would be
    a better option then..

victrio.com dsont work anyway.. :p