Question Plesk initial configuration

Hi,

I'm having some problems with Plesk 6.5 for windows 2003 installed on my new dedicated server - and I'm new to dedicated hosting. When I log in as administrator I'm required to do initial configuration - change password etc. One of the fields is "hostname" and it is already filled with correct host name (same as displayed when typing ipconfig /all or systeminfo). But when I click update, I get an error message stating the one of the fields is empty or has improper value and the hostname field is highlighted. I've tried to put the IP address of the computer too, but no avail. What am I supposed to put there?

Thanks in advance!
    rado

Same error but on Fedora Core, this is related to the JAVASCRIPT I think. Stoopid bug!
    Fuel Guru
    High Octane Web Hosting!
    http://www.fuelhosting.com

I would reccommend you take a look through http://forum.sw-soft.com

Thanks for the reply! I was just told to use anything in the form word.word.word and it worked.

Anyway, I found some terrible bugs or "features" in Plesk 6.5 for Windows that I've stopped using it and rather set up everything manually. Especially the nonstandard way it handles virtual hosting for domains is very disappointing.

Rado

Personally I would say Plesk 7 for linux is the best cp around at the moment, but I really dont want to start one of those discussions

I don't feel competent to discuss the differences between various control panels as I've only used Plesk 6.5 for Win. I like it's user interface and ease of use, but did I mention the way it handles virtual hosting?

Rado