Cpanel A Entry Help

I am using Cpanel 9 on Redhat 9 and all the A Entry information is incorrect and I do not know where to edit this information and make it accurate...When I try to add the A-Entries for both of my name servers I get the following problems :

Adding an A entry for nameserver ns2.domain.com
    Found your nameserver to be: ns2.domain.com
    Found your domain name to be: .com
    Found your nameserver name to be: ns2.domain
    Found your nameserver ip to be: xx.xx.xx.xx

The domain name isnt showing up fully, only the domain extension, and the Nameserver name is also wrong without the full extention. Where do I change the nameserver infromation and domain name for the A-Entry info? I read the Cpanel FAQ and it says "Click on the Add the entry button if the displayed information looks correct." Well what about if it is incorrect? The FAQ doesnt say how to alter it if it is wrong.

I need to rid of these errors and get my name servers resolving correctly. Your prompt assistance with this is appreciated.

You can edit A-entries using the Edit DNS zones function. I'm not sure why the domain name isn't showing up, are you using a domain name which is located on this server?

I would delete any subdomains for the zone and edit the main zone file. Also edit /etc/nameserversips to force the change on DNS

Rus
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Originally posted by jvds
    I would delete any subdomains for the zone and edit the main zone file. Also edit /etc/nameserversips to force the change on DNS

Rus
    What is the main zone file? The /etc/nameseverips file contain the correct information, so I do not think that this file needs to be edited as I looked at it and it contains the correct nameserver names and IPs.

Originally posted by Apoc
    You can edit A-entries using the Edit DNS zones function. I'm not sure why the domain name isn't showing up, are you using a domain name which is located on this server?
    Yes the domain I am using is the base domain for the server, used for the nameservers and whatever else. I had a look at the Edit DNS zone function, and all of the info made no sense to me at all. http://www.cogentinternet.com/daemon1/dns_zone.html This is what the values are for my ns1.domain.com, and I havent changed any of this information I simply just created the nameservers, assigned them IPs and just presumed it would work.

Does the information in dns_zone.html look accurate? Is there any mistakes in this file that need correcting? If so which, if not what else do I have to do in order to get the correct A Entry information updated. I have searched everywhere on this matter without an answer, I simply need the A Entry information to be accurate so I can add the entry and then I assume it will just work but I dont know where to edit it so that it is correct. I currently have domains pointing to ns1/ns2.domain.com and they're working fine, but the A Entry has still not been entered so the nameservers arent 100%

This server is brand new, and hasnt even been used until now so some help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance ppl...