Operating PayPal A/C from India

Hi everybody,

I have created a Paypal business A/C on my compnay name for taking payment through website (selling membership services). I do not have any US bank a/c but have Visa Credit card.

Will it be possible run paypal in my website and get the payment (from Paypal) either via wire transfer to my bank-at-india or by USD-Check delivered to my office-at-india ?

Anything else I need ?

I was thinking to go for icobo, but paypal is my first choice as it is more reliable.

In India you can use paypal to send money to any paypal user, but cannot transfer/receive money to an Indian bank account, Ikobo and moneybookers offer a similar type of service to paypal but iam not sure how reliable they are; In india basically to my knowledge there are three big providers, i had experiences in integrating them to my clients websites

Ccavenue.com -
    Pro - Accepts processing of Credit Cards and net banking account for Indian merchants
    Cons - Huge setup fees, (INR 7500 OR USD 167). Cant integrate with 3rd party shopping carts and affliate programs effectively since no postback option provided, no customization of payment pages

Transecute.com -
    Pro - Customizable payment pages.
    Cons - huge setup fees ( 30,000 or USD 670), Advanced integration only available, no shopping cart provided, accepts only VISA/MC.

TransactIndia.com -
    Pro - Low setup fees (2500 or USD 50), Customizable shopping cart and various other scripts provided. Postback and other features supported.
    Cons - Accepts only VISA/MC

When signing up with a payment processor look for these things
    1. Where they are located
    2. how much of % they charge on each transaction
    3. is there any % of amount taken in to reserve
    4. how much they charge for wire; is there is a minimum release limit.
    5. what about their chargeback and refund policy, do they have chargeback fees.

Also read their TOS/Agreement before you signup

In India you can use paypal to send money to any paypal user, but cannot transfer/receive money to an Indian bank account, Ikobo and moneybookers offer a similar type of service to paypal but iam not sure how reliable they are; In india basically to my knowledge there are three big providers, i had experiences in integrating them to my clients websites

Ccavenue.com -
    Pro - Accepts processing of Credit Cards and net banking account for Indian merchants
    Cons - Huge setup fees, (INR 7500 OR USD 167). Cant integrate with 3rd party shopping carts and affliate programs effectively since no postback option provided, no customization of payment pages

Transecute.com -
    Pro - Customizable payment pages.
    Cons - huge setup fees ( 30,000 or USD 670), Advanced integration only available, no shopping cart provided, accepts only VISA/MC.

TransactIndia.com -
    Pro - Low setup fees (2500 or USD 50), Customizable shopping cart and various other scripts provided. Postback and other features supported.
    Cons - Accepts only VISA/MC

When signing up with a payment processor look for these things
    1. Where they are located
    2. how much of % they charge on each transaction
    3. is there any % of amount taken in to reserve
    4. how much they charge for wire; is there is a minimum release limit.
    5. what about their chargeback and refund policy, do they have chargeback fees.

Also read their TOS/Agreement before you signup

Quote Originally Posted by dsoft@cal2
    Hi everybody,

I have created a Paypal business A/C on my compnay name for taking payment through website (selling membership services). I do not have any US bank a/c but have Visa Credit card.

Will it be possible run paypal in my website and get the payment (from Paypal) either via wire transfer to my bank-at-india or by USD-Check delivered to my office-at-india ?

Anything else I need ?

I was thinking to go for icobo, but paypal is my first choice as it is more reliable.
    Paypal now offers check to be written to your name which can be submitted to banks in india.
    - Akash Kava
    My Blog
    Web Atoms JS

you can also put money to us bank account or debit card with us bank account attached
    Offshore incorporation and bank accounts
    @offshoreoffer - offshore services, tax optimization info