Any one who can help with DOS question?

I need to copy a large number of files to floppy disk using DOS due to the computer taking a dump on me. Is there a command that allows the copying of files to multiple floppy disks?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Matt

I've never seen a command that will do what you are trying to do.

You don't have a CD burner?

I do, downstairs on my brand new dell. I am hooked up by wireless, but windows will not load, explorer.exe can not be found, windows must be reloaded.

I don't have experience with wireless, but can the device send data from a DOS command?

Try looking for a tool that will allow you to send data from a DOS prompt on google.

You could try this program

http://www.pcworlddownload.com/syste...isk-backup.htm

Re: Any one who can help with DOS question?

Originally posted by tamarackcj
    I need to copy a large number of files to floppy disk using DOS due to the computer taking a dump on me. Is there a command that allows the copying of files to multiple floppy disks?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Matt
    A dos version of arj which you can rum from a floppy disk will allow you to save to multiply disks. It will also compress them as well. You can simply do the whole drive or selected folders.

However the simplest would be to remove the harddisk and take it to another computer and tempararily install it as a second hard disks and then burn them to cd.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

Originally posted by tamarackcj
    I do, downstairs on my brand new dell. I am hooked up by wireless, but windows will not load, explorer.exe can not be found, windows must be reloaded.
    Yank the drive outta that comp, plug it into the other comp & rip the files off

Why make things difficult with DOS?

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Take the hard drive out make it a slave. Put it into the computer downstairs and copy the files over or burn em to cd.

The DOS xcopy command will span over multiple disks. Just type

xcopy /?

in the DOS window to get the syntax... you probably want something like this:

xcopy c:\folder1\*.* a:

There are various switches to control whether you copy subdirectories, how to handle the archive attribute, etc., but that's the basic command to copy from, for example, a directory called folder1 to drive a:
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Buy a portable hard drive case, firewire or USB.
    Remove hard drive from old computer, put in case.
    Attach to new computer and get what you need.
    Compgeeks.com usually has cases for $50 or so. You can also get them from CompUSA or BestBuy.
    If they only have them with hard drives installed, it's easy to take the drive out and slip in another one.
    Laura K.
    http://www.madmousergraphics.com
    graphic design for grownups