Thread: Good Forums

Good Forums

I want to say that it is pretty hectic and confussing looking for a webhost. Your not quite sure who to go with, and you don't want to waste time, money or energy.

I have come to this forum for quite some time now probably about a year and change, reading mostly, not saying much, until now I think this forum is excellent. Even though all this information can make one's head spin.

Just wanted to let you know, it's appreciated.

I have recently encountered some bad experiences with my host not sure if I can mention names, but I've been trying to have the situation rectified, but so far, i've not had any luck.

If this is the right place to post my findings, let me know.

Thanks
    bfranks

I am glad that you are fully appreciate the wonderful service that WHT provides to both sellers, and purchasers. The search feature found near the top is a great thing to use when looking for feedback on a specific host, and the offers forum is a great one to look to for some great deals.

You can mention host names as long as it is not purely a post meant to bash them. You may post about your experience with them, but do so in a professional and dignified manner.

Hopefully you will continue discovering the benefits of these forums, and will become an active member of the community!

Good luck!
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

I love these forums too. If you have a review to post you can do so in this forum as far as I know. Make it as detailed as possible and mention your website(s) if they're still hosted there.
    Cheers!

WHT is an excellent place for newbies too,

Well, my wife doesn't think I should voice my concern, however I feel that I must. I purchased space a reseller space from my host Solidinternet.com. I have always been pleased with their servece, however there have been a few times I have questioned about. My most recent disturbing incident, is that since their last upgrade, we have been unable to use the reseller account that we paid for. It has been over a month now, perhaps a month and a half going on 2 months. I have sent email, posted in the help forums and even email the owner specifically asking when this problem could be fixed.

I'm not sure what the problem is. I have given it about a week now, without posting/emails or pms and I have still not received an answer to the problem or had it fixed. This account is fairly new, and to me, not that cheap. I think that since i did pay for the site, I should have full useage of it. and this amount of time that has past is just a little too much.

I have enquired as to when the problem would be fixed again, yesterday or the day before I believe, and as to now, I still have not received a response.

I just find that very disappointing, as I do like their service (before this problem occured) I think that if this cannot be rectified, then a refund should be applied for the time the account has been left hanging.

I'm not bashing, just voicing my opinion. If there is any resolution to this problem I will be sure to keep you well informed.

BFranks

That is quite unfortunate.

I do not personally have any experience about them, but some of the reviews I read did not seem so bad. Every host has some up and down periods, and some people just wind up with bad luck.

Using Nocster as an example again, (And no, I am not a customer of theirs at all. ) some people truly love the service that they get from them, while others absolutely hate everything about them.

It is all relative, really.

Have you tried calling SolidInternet? Is there a contact number available? If so, you should definitely make use of it.
    DreamHost Web Hosting
    Shared and VPS hosting + dedicated servers and colocation.
    ... and we're green, too!
    Hosting your dreams since 1997.

I totally agree with you, the ups and downs will happen. That can happen anywhere. There isn't any phone number, just the support forums, which I've used an embarassing number of times for this situation.

Well, the good news is that the very next day after my post here, the main problem I've had with Solidinternet.com has been fixed, as far as I can tell. (the wife isn't so moody now either and that makes me a happy man!

For the problems I've had, I've been told that I will receive a credit for 3 months to make amends for the time that I have been out of service, which would be nice, but I'll believe that after it's put into writing.

Originally posted by bfranks99
    . . . the wife isn't so moody now . . .
    Well, that's the important part.

Glad you got it sorted out with your provider though.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by bfranks99
    Well, the good news is ...the wife isn't so moody now
    Lordy! If only it were that simple over here!

I have to agree WHT is a great forum for buyers and sellers in the web hosting industry. I learn alot from the forum like an infant and am growing up.

Glad that you have solved your problem and have your experience shared. I am sure these experience are very valuable for our evaluation.

Ups and downs for any business is definitely inevitable. However, ways have to be made to minimise such occurance. I believe a good web hoster is a good businessman. Far sight is essential to ensure problems are not as serious/bad when it hits.

If customers are not as demanding, web hoster are more flexible, this whole world will be nice and peaceful.

I agree that these forums are a great place for newnies like myself. I don't have all that computer know-how, but even in my short time here, i see I can get a lot of info from those who are in the know!

agree